DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

3 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I am trying to formulate a strategy at the moment where I would always have a core holding of Gold and Silver so I can take advantage of any wild swings in the GSR.

Between my Physical Holdings and Bullionvault I am aiming to have 3000oz of Silver and I would trade 2000oz at 50 to 1 and leave myself with 1000oz to ladder down with in case we get under 20 to 1.

I would welcome any ideas of how best to play this as I am just a clueless Postman.

Forgot to mention that following site used to discuss topics around the gsr subject Not sure if it still does as haven't visited for long while.                                                              https://www.thesilverforum.com/                                       

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M S E Refugee
13 minutes ago, JMD said:

Forgot to mention that following site used to discuss topics around the gsr subject Not sure if it still does as haven't visited for long while.                                                              https://www.thesilverforum.com/                                       

I am a member on there but rarely go on it now as it is kind of subscription based nowadays.

What are people’s take in the bounce in markets over the past week or so? Mine is the percentage of bulls on the S&P had dropped to a historically low 18% (AAI) last week and the market has reversed somewhat to clean out those putting on shorts. Notwithstanding this fast rallies retracing part of the previous falls are common in bear markets and I saw something saying that US portfolios still averaged 67% stocks (sorry don’t have link) and so therefore there is plenty of room for that average stockholding to be reduced much further over the coming months as the bear takes hold. I’m 45% stocks atm and plan to lighten up further in the next few days as the bounce fades.

Towards the end of the bear I’m really excited about copper as a play on reducing investment in mines, reducing discoveries and poorer grades. I plan to research this over the next few weeks so I can come up with a plan for when prices are more attractive. Is anyone else looking on copper going forward?

Forgot to add was in central London earlier Victoria area the footfall was the lowest I can ever remember seeing - appreciate it’s a Monday and all that. Standard was saying footfall in London Oxford street down 68% on 2019 pre covid levels. Am amazed uk commercial r/s funds are doing as well as they are. I must be missing something outside of the industrial/warehouse/logistics commercial property which has been doing well for a fair time now.

baffledbyzirp
15 hours ago, sancho panza said:

It's hard to contemplate the sheer fuckwittery involved in Western sanctions of Russian oil&gold.....I bet the Chinese are sat there too busy laughing to take time for a shit.

It's almost as if our public schoolboy elite missed out on all the lessons in street smarts that were dished out to Putin/Xi.

I was saying to my dear old Mum the other day that I'd always imagined that tiw ould be impossible to plumb the depts of Gordon Browns fuckwittery but I was totally and utterly worng given what we're seeing to day.

This is the Brown bottom in gold on steroids.

We'll be needing Erdogan to protect us in the not too distant the way von der Leyen is going.

Watching the banal tomfoolery of our own dear leader at the G7 summit I could not help but conclude that the organisation is an utter irrelevance today. Boris and Trudeau joking about getting their pecs out was embarrassing and puerile. Did he not realise that there was a woman in their midst? I wonder what Boris would do for an encore? Perhaps stick his penis in a dead pig's mouth? The old ones are the best.

The group looked about as politically relevant as S Club 7. President 'don't forget to sit down' Biden, Boris 'dead man walking' Johnson, Emmanuel 'ex Rothschild banker Macron', Ursula 'career bureaucrat' von der Leyen, Justin 'black face' Trudeau, Mario 'whatever it takes as long as Goldman Sachs benefits' Draghi, Olaf 'who the hell are you' Scholtz and a couple of other randoms. The jamboree was kicked off by the warm up act of President Zelensky peddling his Ukraine-good, Russia-bad spiel. Talk about a basket of deplorables. I bet that China and Russia were shitting themselves.

A gang of grifters, bureaucrats, hypocrites and bankers. When are we going to come to terms with the changing world order in the West? By contrast the BRICS conference appeared dynamic and focussed. The G7s posturing and moral outrage is completely sickening. 

Agent ZigZag

The new world order, build back better it appears applies only to us living in the west a roll reversal of the old iron curtain. If the little man wants to trade with the world well you can't because it breaks the new rules that are becoming enforced upon us. The gross fiscal mismanagement by all western governments is very clear and they are telling me loud and clear that they plan to default through inflation and taxation and possibly world war. We could be in for a very long ride as it took 80 odd years for the old communist USSR to collapse.

inv%20sales%20gen%20merch_0.jpg?itok=6NZUuDVg

burry_2.jpg?itok=UZG8iJzL

I'm not sure Burry is (completely) right on this one, US consumers are not as strong as they used to be with end of stimulus, rate hikes and general inflation.

The final index reading of 50 in the monthly Surveys of Consumers was just below the preliminary reading of 50.2 released two weeks ago. The final June index -- a 14.4% drop since May -- represents the lowest recorded level since the university started collecting consumer sentiment data in November 1952.

Its either stores are carrying way too much inventory and/or sales are way down, although I don't want to bet against Burry after the last guys were carried out in a financial coffin!  :ph34r:

This is how behind the curve they are.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/macron-tells-biden-that-uea-saudi-can-barely-raise-oil-output-2022-06-27/

"I had a call with MbZ," Macron was heard telling U.S. President Joe Biden on the sidelines of the G7 summit.

"He told me two things. I'm at a maximum, maximum (production capacity). This is what he claims."

"And then he said (the) Saudis can increase by 150 (thousands barrels per day). Maybe a little bit more, but they don't have huge capacities before six months' time," Macron said.

Alifelessbinary
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

The West is well on the way to irrelevance.

Seeing as this is a thread about Macro investing. Are you now long BRICS(I)? For me I find their share performance continually underwhelming, although I have made some cash dipping in and out of the Blackrock Latin America Trust

The West has clearly lost it’s way, however I still focused on understanding the remaining strength of it’s institutions. They are certainly wobbling and if they fail we’re fucked, I just don’t agree that BRICS at the current time provides a particularly robust investment case.

While having huge natural wealth is preferable, without the capital investment to mine the wealth it has limited benefit.

We are certainly going through a major inflection point in the UK. The fact that Boris wants to keep wages low but benefits high is one step closer to civil unrest.

All I truly care about is how I protect myself against inflation and a strategy to protect my family from rising uncertainty. Politicians are always going to be cunts, I just need to avoid the worst of their mandates and bullshit.

9 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Iv come to the conclusion though,from the evidence Sunak is as clueless as Boris,or both simple only care about their image.Doing more damage than Brown is something i thought id never see.He is like Ethelred handing out Danegeld to the bennies and retired public sector,draining the rest of the population,hoping they go away,but the nest year they always return and want more,and when there is no more,state collapse.

The problem of course is that there are significant sticky side effects when the gap between working and doing nothing gets rapidly smaller. Let's not forget much younger folks have been more resourceful with much less than my generation and older, in large part thanks to low cost/free tech and changing attitudes to 'things'. Partly through necessity post GFC, partly brainwashing, and partly cultural shift.

I'd imagine this movement will be on its way across the pond very soon if not already here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/06/27/tiktok-generations-anti-work-movement-dangerous-unrealistic/

What started as a fringe online revolution is now turning mainstream, with membership on Reddit’s r/antiwork group (hailing “unemployment for all, not just the rich!”) exploding since 2020 and fast gathering momentum. The community now has over 2m subscribers and is one of the most active groups on the site. “My employer has been undervaluing me for years and I finally got to see them sweat after putting my resignation in,” read a post last week. “My job is OK but I hate working. I hate work culture,” states another just before it. “Not giving a f---  is liberating,” read a third. 

It is not just Reddit. Users of social media site TikTok have been posting videos of them quitting their jobs in so-called ‘Quit-Toks’ while Goldman Sachs last year said the anti-work trend is a “long-run risk” to labour force participation. 

Lightscribe
33 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

The problem of course is that there are significant sticky side effects when the gap between working and doing nothing gets rapidly smaller. Let's not forget much younger folks have been more resourceful with much less than my generation and older, in large part thanks to low cost/free tech and changing attitudes to 'things'. Partly through necessity post GFC, partly brainwashing, and partly cultural shift.

I'd imagine this movement will be on its way across the pond very soon if not already here.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/06/27/tiktok-generations-anti-work-movement-dangerous-unrealistic/

What started as a fringe online revolution is now turning mainstream, with membership on Reddit’s r/antiwork group (hailing “unemployment for all, not just the rich!”) exploding since 2020 and fast gathering momentum. The community now has over 2m subscribers and is one of the most active groups on the site. “My employer has been undervaluing me for years and I finally got to see them sweat after putting my resignation in,” read a post last week. “My job is OK but I hate working. I hate work culture,” states another just before it. “Not giving a f---  is liberating,” read a third. 

It is not just Reddit. Users of social media site TikTok have been posting videos of them quitting their jobs in so-called ‘Quit-Toks’ while Goldman Sachs last year said the anti-work trend is a “long-run risk” to labour force participation. 

Almost like locking people down for a couple of years and paying them to do nothing had a massive psychological effect. Obviously they didn’t see that coming though….. ;)

6 hours ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

He doesn't tweet much, but he never misses.

IMG_20220627_144037.jpg

has there ever been a deflation to reverse inflation?

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Errol said:

That's a huge miss! Not only that but a huge miss in a completely different trend direction to the expected.

How long can J Powell continue to claim a strong economy?

25 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

That's a huge miss! Not only that but a huge miss in a completely different trend direction to the expected.

How long can J Powell continue to claim a strong economy?

Fed Pivot When? :Jumping:

sancho panza

random post here as Ive not caught up with thread yet but been buying a more goldies today.

Some reasonable vcalue in the goldies.Updfated coma scores recently to adjsut for some price changes since last done.

The stand out here for me today is Newcrest.Anything ovr 17 nromally a possible buy for us on a 'spray n pray' basis

We've gone from no NCM to it being our second biggest PM position in a week.Dyor natch

10% off it's covid low

image.png.28422dcef65be93ed074015a9e0c82e3.png

https://www.fool.com.au/2022/06/27/why-evolution-newcrest-oz-minerals-and-zip-shares-are-dropping-today/

Newcrest Mining Ltd (ASX: NCM)

The Newcrest share price is down 5% to $21.90 despite there being no news out of the gold miner. It’s possible that Evolution’s update has hit sentiment in the industry hard. In addition, improving risk sentiment appears to have led to investors switching out of safe haven assets and back into risk assets. The S&P/ASX All Ordinaries Gold index is down 6.8% this afternoon.

image.png.edbbea24fd64cc5abf9d4bab6b089b8c.png

Company Share price Date Chart Inc BS CF Sector SCS
Agnico-dec USD 59.66 16/03/22 1 2 4 2 4 13
Alamos-dec USD 7.13 16/03/22 3 1 5 1 4 14
Anglogold-dec USD 15.94 20/06/22 4 4 3 2 4 17
B2Gold-dec USD 3.64 20/06/22 3 4 5 4 4 20
Barrick USD 19.55 20/06/22 4 4 3 3 4 18
Buenaven-dec USD 7.38 20/06/22 4 1 4 1 4 14
Centamin-dec GBP 0.81 20/06/22 4 4 5 3 4 20
Centerra-dec CAD 9.08 20/06/22 3 1 5 4 4 17
Eldorado-dec USD 7.33 20/06/22 5 1 5 3 4 18
FNV-dec CAD 195 16/03/22 1 2 5 2 4 14
Freeport USD 43.02 21/02/22 2 3 2 4 4 15
Fresnillo-dec GBP 7.89 20/06/22 4 3 4 3 4 18
Gold fields USD 13.08 21/02/22 2 4 4 2 4 16
Gold resourc-dece USD 2.14 16/03/22 4 2 5 4 4 19
Harmony-jun USD 3.36 20/06/22 4 5 4 5 4 22
Hochschild-dec GBP 1.25 11/05/22 5 5 3 5 4 22
IAM gold-dec USD 3.17 16/03/22 4 1 4 1 4 14
Kinross USD 4.1 20/06/22 5 2 4 3 4 18
Kirkland-dec USD 39.01 16/03/22 1 3 5 1 4 14
New gold-dec USD 1.27 11/05/22 4 5 3 4 4 20
Newcrest-jun USD16.39 15/06/22 4 4 5 4 4 21
Newmont-dec USD 72.61 16/03/22 1 2 4 3 4 14
Oceana-dec CAD 2.65 16/03/22 3 1 5 1 4 14
Osisko GR-dec CAD 17.72 16/03/22 1 1 5 1 4 12
Pan African-jun GBP 0.2075 21/02/22 2 5 4 4 4 19
PAAS-dec USD 21 20/06/22 2 2 5 2 4 15
Petropavl-dec               0
Polymetal-dec               0
Royal Gold-Jun USD121.07 21/02/22 1 2 5 2 4 14
Sandstorm-dec USD 7.87 16/03/22 2 2 5 2 4 15
Sibanye-dec USD 17.05 16/03/22 1 5 3 4 4 17
Wesdome-dec CAD 14.79 16/03/22 1 2 5 2 4 14
Wheaton-dec CAD 59.86 16/03/22 1 2 5 2 4 14
Yamana USD 5.34 16/03/22 4 2 4 3 4 17

Thread needs to think about the winners from what we knew all along, that oil demand is bigger than production.Looks certain we will see high prices for good,but also demand destruction.Very likely governments will have to cut fuel taxes for starters.Long supply chains will be even more of a liability.Incredible how cycles work,even reversing trends that most thought were forever.

The government hasnt a clue how bad things will get from their lunacy policies.If low paid workers cant afford to buy a cheap car and run it then much more likely they will just go on bennies.Lidl warehouse near me has a constant vacancy notice and they arent even remote.

Keep stocking up.

desertorchid
2 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Yep, penny has finally dropped with our idiot leaders. The myth of infinite oil supply is broken. Expect a slew of ludicrous policy mistakes coming hard at us like price caps, rationing etc. as they realise they can't print energy and they are three meals from a lampost.

That is quite bizarre. Almost as if Macron is seizing a moment to get a couple of points across. At a moment he knows he will likely embarrass himself. The sort of thing you do to a girl you fancy at school.  Either Biden is not available during official meeting time or he is so senile that whatever anyone says it just never seems to register.

2 hours ago, desertorchid said:

That is quite bizarre. Almost as if Macron is seizing a moment to get a couple of points across. At a moment he knows he will likely embarrass himself. The sort of thing you do to a girl you fancy at school.  Either Biden is not available during official meeting time or he is so senile that whatever anyone says it just never seems to register.

Macron is a cuck with simp tendancies.  That clip just confirms it.

The sort of head of state the guillotine was invented for.

excellent debate.  All but one of the panellists know the facts.  Look at the body language.  Europe is fucked.

You would NEVER see this sort of debate on UK TV.

Archived