DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Rental property predictions 2022

Sugarlips

On 30/12/2021 at 18:31, Joncrete Cungle said:

The rate Serco  we the tax payer are paying for HMO is so generous a couple of landlords I have spoken to reckon they can buy a property, convert it and the rate Serco the government pay them will pay off the mortgage in 7 years.

FTFY :-(

• Agree 1

On 01/01/2022 at 15:34, sarahbell said:

I want my son to be able to afford to buy a house at some point. 

HMO and more immigrants mean he won't be able to.

And the tax required to keep those immigrants in HMOd, delivering pizzas cash in hand.

Joncrete Cungle
45 minutes ago, spygirl said:

And the tax required to keep those immigrants in HMOd, delivering pizzas cash in hand.

Once they get their decision to stay (can take a decade or more) then they get housing bennie and go to the top of the list competing against the natives for social housing. Then their place in the HMO is taken by the latest dinghy arrival.

• Agree 2

On 29/12/2021 at 05:40, Sugarlips said:

What has thrown me though is the crazy number of regular family homes that can only be let as student digs. I appreciate the BTL scourge is everywhere but I’m struggling to find anything but student houses atm.

I know there has been a huge amount of dedicated student accom built around the local uni and college, I presumed more than enough to accommodate the demand but this suggests otherwise, except they are all listed as available not leased.

This annoys me. In the area where I live hundreds (thousand plus?) of ex council houses in proximity to the University of East Anglia in Norwich have been turned into student houses. This one is now hoping to seek tenants for next academic year:

House share 1 bedroom - £450 pcm

Photo 14

The £450 a month a student tenant for a room in this shared house is perhaps a bit more than the going monthly rent of a whole council house close by. Maybe £800-1000 a month as a private rented house to a family.

A lot of purpose built student blocks have been built in the area too so I'm at a bit of a loss to explain the supply and demand between the two types of accommodation.

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
Democorruptcy
On 30/12/2021 at 16:58, Don Coglione said:

£650pcm? Did you live in a shed?!

I'm renting and pay less than £700 pcm for a fully furnished 2 bed, acres to walk around, sea views inc council tax, leccy, oil, water, TV licence, freesat, fibre. Owner's got fed up of too many holiday let changovers every week.

• Informative 2