DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Public sector pensions eat the UK

spygirl

3 minutes ago, Stuey said:

You can't do that for current pensioners 

Why not. They’ve moved the goalposts on other things. 

13 hours ago, One percent said:

I don’t see how the goalposts can be moved on what you have already paid. It is a contractual arrangement. Seems though that employers can do what the fuck they like. And government wonder why everyone who possibly can is escaping from work. Cunts. 

Retirement age can easily be altered they have got away with it once aready and it’s going to happen again

25 minutes ago, Stuey said:

You can't do that for current pensioners 

Yes you can it discriminates against unmarried people 

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

No, wages are paid when the bill falls - monthly.

The issue with public sector pensions is that the public sector carried on blindly for 20 years after the cost became apparent to the private sector.

The problem with the public sector - inc the CS- is they are pitched, mainyl by the unions, as these hard working, highly  trained crack troops.

They are not.

For almost 30y as part of the costing of public services, the CS/providers have gone down the road to prove that the public sector is more cost efficient than the private sector.

It just isnt, and thats with give in the public sector the advantages  it as - ability to have roughly cost free access to money (tax).

Just accounting for the sick rate in the public sector (@10d /y more than the private sector) blows the costing out.

Chuck in the true pension cost - 40% - and about 50% of the public sector - all the pointless paper based clerks and layers of control are blown away.

My pension worked out at 1/80 th of my final salary for every year I worked, which meant that after 30 years I ended up with an income 37.5% of my working wage.  I can tick over on that, but where the media gets these tales of gold plated pensions and civil servants supping champagne through Emilia Clarke's  socks is beyond me.

I would like to say that no one ever accused either myself or my colleagues of being hard working, highly  trained crack troops. We were accused of lots of other things, but never that.

12 minutes ago, humdrum said:

I would like to say that no one ever accused either myself or my colleagues of being hard working, highly  trained crack troops. We were accused of lots of other things, but never that.

Less the grunts, more the higher paid grunt masters, trying to justify their existence.

Archived