DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Can anybody remember the Motley Fool PMT discussion board?

haroldshand

No not the PMT that women get but Property market and trends, it was by far the best property discussion forum I came across before it was closed down, long shot but does anyone remember it

22 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

No not the PMT that women get but Property market and trends, it was by far the best property discussion forum I came across before it was closed down, long shot but does anyone remember it

I do remember it but I wasn't in a position even near buying a place

With a crooked smile
40 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

First I've heard of it. @Frank Hovismay know it. He's stuck up some stuff before about the history and evolution of several forums.

4 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

First I've heard of it. @Frank Hovismay know it. He's stuck up some stuff before about the history and evolution of several forums.

Not that I was around then but they went back to early 2000's with their crash mantra, one interesting articulate poster called Bailystock who sold to rent in 2000 in his 50's and had a massive following, refused to admit defeat to this dayxD

With a crooked smile
Just now, haroldshand said:

Not that I was around then but they went back to early 2000's with their crash mantra, one interesting articulate poster called Bailystock who sold to rent in 2000 in his 50's and had a massive following, refused to admit defeat to this dayxD

I very specifically remember someone from Sheffield writing on a whiteboard in Dorking, Surrey  "Prices will fall" the year was 2001.

On 19/09/2022 at 20:33, With a crooked smile said:

I very specifically remember someone from Sheffield writing on a whiteboard in Dorking, Surrey  "Prices will fall" the year was 2001.

I've been a property bear since 2000 or ,learned some hard lessons in swing voters,QE,zirp,mismeasurement CPI/GDP etc etc

Can honestly say that msot of my acquantiance have thought I was utterly insane these last twnety years.I leanred in the psot 2009 era to jsut follow the price action and accept defeat on that issue.But still I never bought and I've had so mnay people(particuarlyl women with big mortgages which is weird) saying'so are you finally going to buy?' .I'm not sure why they do that but whuilst people generally view my views with disdain,they are quick to ask my advice on mrotgages etc.

With all this cost of lving crisis stuff,think less people view me as insane,not least Mrs P.

Sorry for the trip down memory lane,the noughties seem so long ago.Innocent times when I look at them now.As I've said variously,hosue prices will be the least of our worries in the next five to ten years.

Archived