DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Equity release figures 2022

One percent

This isn’t going to end well

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/equityrelease/article-11666203/Equity-release-borrowing-soared-2022-amid-cost-living-crisis.html

Equity release lending to new customers increased 31 per cent in 2022 compared to the year before, as £6.3billion of cash was tapped from properties.

The number of equity release plans taken out over the year also increased 29 per cent taking the total to 52,295, according to equity release broker Key.

The typical customer released £106,806 of equity from the value of their home, it said, two per cent more than the £104,792 average in 2021.

The AVERAGE release is over a hundred grand? I honestly expected the average to be a tenth of that size. WTF!

This article perfectly summarises the problem with boomers owning so much of the housing stock. I cannot wait for this cash tap to be cut off and boomer equity to drain to nothing. Call me sick, I don't care. It just isn't a healthy way to run your finances.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

The AVERAGE release is over a hundred grand? I honestly expected the average to be a tenth of that size. WTF!

This article perfectly summarises the problem with boomers owning so much of the housing stock. I cannot wait for this cash tap to be cut off and boomer equity to drain to nothing. Call me sick, I don't care. It just isn't a healthy way to run your finances.

It's their pension, innit?

23 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

It's their pension, innit?

If they've extracted as much money as they can then they won't have anything for a care home?

reformed nice guy
7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

If they've extracted as much money as they can then they won't have anything for a care home?

Exactly. They have worked hard all their days (wife part time, both retired aged 52) so why shouldnt the young folk pay for their care?

Just now, reformed nice guy said:

Exactly. They have worked hard all their days (wife part time, both retired aged 52) so why shouldnt the young folk pay for their care?

Teachers? Retired in the 80s? (1980s) due to the excess of teachers they all got binned off on extra good pensions.

3 hours ago, spunko said:

It will be limited or baned 

23 hours ago, One percent said:

This isn’t going to end well

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/equityrelease/article-11666203/Equity-release-borrowing-soared-2022-amid-cost-living-crisis.html

Equity release lending to new customers increased 31 per cent in 2022 compared to the year before, as £6.3billion of cash was tapped from properties.

The number of equity release plans taken out over the year also increased 29 per cent taking the total to 52,295, according to equity release broker Key.

The typical customer released £106,806 of equity from the value of their home, it said, two per cent more than the £104,792 average in 2021.

This is what @Noallegiance has been banging on about for a week or two.Govt bascially trying to hide this release,clearly someone from the DM read his psotsxD

More tanks on the lawn NA

Chewing Grass
36 minutes ago, King Penda said:

It will be limited or baned 

Turn out to be a PR disaster as it morphs into an engineered scandal.

14 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I hope house prices collapse so that the money they took out is more than the house is eventually worth 🙂.

Will be er firms vs councils via care costs the kids might get a few heirloom s

14 hours ago, King Penda said:

Will be er firms vs councils via care costs the kids might get a few heirloom s

After Equity reelase if a parent ends up in a care home there won't be any equity left at all.

16 minutes ago, eek said:

After Equity reelase if a parent ends up in a care home there won't be any equity left at all.

Exactly it’s why I think it will be limited in the future 

Archived