DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Fancy a bit of canal?

sarahbell

4 minutes ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

I like the workshop / shed and woodstore. I think I have seen that place on YouTube.

I once stayed at some lovely (to me) digs up Bicester way that was by a canal, they'd bought it off the canal authority and turned it into a little canalside location.  Not posh but my sort of place, real coal fire/woodburner to myself etc xD

2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/118635557

Barlaston Boatyard, Boatyard Lane, ST12 9DJ

They've done some odd virtual renovation on the kitchen and lounge photos. 

Interesting. 

Right Sarah you have convinced me. I would love to live there. 

My next problem; how to find the thick end of a million quid.

On 18/02/2023 at 17:19, Funn3r said:

They won't sell it to you unless you're really into canals according to that video.

Just now, Upsettah said:

Having to walk through one bedroom to get to another is just a tad, ummm, 'weird', no?!

By definition, it’s a corridor, not a bedroom. 

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

By definition, it’s a corridor, not a bedroom. 

Well, that's alright then!

It kinda reminded me of that weird recurring dream a lot of people have (self included lol) of living in a really shitty house with no privacy and inadequate toilet facilities!

I'm not saying the house is shitty as such. A lot of it seems nice enough. The decor is, uh, questionable in some rooms, but fine in others.

The garden is certainly very good.

I just really struggle to see who could possibly want to buy it - and who would have the necessary funds?

This is going to be on the market a long, long time I think!

Caravan Monster
29 minutes ago, Upsettah said:

Having to walk through one bedroom to get to another is just a tad, ummm, 'weird', no?!

What's with the meat hook on the beam in the bedroom? Weird choice of decor.

16 hours ago, Upsettah said:

It kinda reminded me of that weird recurring dream a lot of people have (self included lol) of living in a really shitty house with no privacy and inadequate toilet facilities!

I get those! Had one just last night. Didn't know it was a common thing. Does it mean anything?

I also have a related similar one where I am wandering around a hotel or shopping mall looking for a toilet but can't find one, or it is broken, or too dirty to use. That dream means I want a wee in real life and I suppose the dream is preventing me wetting my jamas if it let me find a working toilet.

16 hours ago, Upsettah said:

Years back, when house prices were reasonable, my parents had their pick of houses and took us round an old rectrory, a  farm, a big house by the sea (bought that one), a big detached Georgian house, and a modern house in a rural setting built into a sloping bank of land and designed by the architect who was living in it.

It all looked great and modern until we came to the three children's bedrooms.

They were fairly small, adjacent to each other and on the front left ground floor.

Those weren't the main problems though.

It was that there was no corridor alongside them so to enter the centre of the house from the far bedroom you had to walk through the other two bedrooms.

I assume that this particular architect failed his exams.

On 18/02/2023 at 17:19, Funn3r said:

It’s a lot of weed to shift

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2023 at 12:38, Funn3r said:

I get those! Had one just last night. Didn't know it was a common thing. Does it mean anything?

I also have a related similar one where I am wandering around a hotel or shopping mall looking for a toilet but can't find one, or it is broken, or too dirty to use. That dream means I want a wee in real life and I suppose the dream is preventing me wetting my jamas if it let me find a working toilet.

Yes - I've had the same one many times too. Sometimes I'm wandering around half naked as well - as in just a shirt and boxer shorts lol.

I did run this through a couple of the 'dream analysers' on the web, they all said the same thing, which went along the lines of 'this is very common and shows insecurity/fear of a long-held secret(s) being revealed/ money worries/ self-doubt' you know the deal, I'm sure - covers just about anyone!

This is a late reply, sorry for that - reason being I had an extremely vivid dream last night which left me a bit shaken up. Not worth starting a separate thread over, but even , dreams like that one have always proven to be prophetic with me, it wasn't pretty. Not just on a personal level either, this was global.

6 hours ago, Upsettah said:

!

This is a late reply, sorry for that - reason being I had an extremely vivid dream last night which left me a bit shaken up. Not worth starting a separate thread over, but even , dreams like that one have always proven to be prophetic with me, it wasn't pretty. Not just on a personal level either, this was global.

@Upsettahnew thread please! 

Archived