DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Living in a skip

Frank Hovis

One percent
35 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A COST-cutting homeowner who pays £50 a month to live in a skip has revealed the best part of his unusual housing arrangement.

Harrison Marshall, 28, moved into the converted eight-yard metal box in Bermondsey, South East London, last month as it was his "only option".

undated-handout-photo-issued-skip-795386

undated-handout-photo-issued-skip-795386

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/21597730/live-skip-best-part/

How much worse is the housing crisis going to get before people say it’s not acceptable?  Seems we are willing to put up with anything. Living in a skip ffs. Is he wurzle gummage?   

Bobthebuilder
6 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Cosy! 

With the amount of insulation hes put in ie zero, it must be well toasty at this time of year.

3 hours ago, One percent said:

How much worse is the housing crisis going to get before people say it’s not acceptable?  Seems we are willing to put up with anything. Living in a skip ffs. Is he wurzle gummage?   

A lot worse.

In the 60s many of us were living in vans and squats.

Anyway this bloke seems happy and adaptable enough.

Wight Flight
11 minutes ago, humdrum said:

A lot worse.

In the 60s many of us were living in vans and squats.

Anyway this bloke seems happy and adaptable enough.

Don't underestimate how many are living in vans now. I see loads every day.

Squats are now illegal.

5 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Don't underestimate how many are living in vans now. I see loads every day.

Squats are now illegal.

Squatting was illegal, or effectively , in my day as well. It did not stop us and it won't stop today's generation either. :)

8 minutes ago, spunko said:

You can do this anywhere in London presumably, but he chooses to do it in bermondsey... What an oaf.

You are a bit behind the times Spunko. Admittedly there was a time when the saying was Battersea, Bermondsey and the Buffs, but the area has gone pretty upmarket over the years. It is nowhere near as much fun as it was :)

3 hours ago, humdrum said:

Squatting was illegal, or effectively , in my day as well. It did not stop us and it won't stop today's generation either. :)

I’ve stayed in some nice gaffs many would say squatting is crass .

Frank Hovis
33 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Don't you just love the hipsters making first world poverty into some kind of fashion statement. Bless.

Ridiculous.

He's probably planning on buying an artisan worn sleeping bag and some authentic hand crafted cardboard for his upcoming venture into street homelessness.

12 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ridiculous.

He's probably planning on buying an artisan worn sleeping bag and some authentic hand crafted cardboard for his upcoming venture into street homelessness.

He'll get the last laugh when he starts renting the skip out at £200 a night on AirBnb.

I'm only half joking.

Archived