DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

'lavish landlord supercouple'

spygirl

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/article-11899481/The-property-owning-couple-bought-ENTIRE-Welsh-village-raised-rents-unaffordable-prices.html

The Walshes have a burgeoning buy-to-let empire advertised on Facebook from their base in Chester, which they set up shortly after they got married in 2017

69100353-11899481-image-a-15_16797348169

Mrs Walsh (pictured outside her Cheshire home) frequently posts adverts on her Facebook timeline for newly-refurbished rental flats and houses in the area and company accounts for the couple's firm show that they own a string of buy-to-let properties with mortgages

Off I go .....

Their two orgs -

BLUE CHIP ACCOMMODATION LIMITED

Company

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11799179

WALSH INVESTMENT PROPERTIES LIMITED

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10849936

Blue ones tiny. With overdue accounts.

2nd ones the monster.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/10849936-walsh-investment-properties-limited

Start cranking up 'assets' ie debt in 2019.

Pretty much taking on 1m a year.

Nuts.

Look at the number of fucking charges

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10849936/charges

Not sure who Michael Duffell is. Loads of charges, as a person or via his companies.

They bought an entire mining village in North Wales? Muppets. Forgetting the ethical side of it, what a concentrated and illiquid asset to hold and what a niche market segment to target.

The rent increases sound like they want people to move out rather than pay up, perhaps their cunning next step will be temporary or migrant housing to up the yield. That would be the only way I could see the asset cashflowing well.

Hope to see these morons burn soon.

Frank Hovis
10 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

They bought an entire mining village in North Wales? Muppets. Forgetting the ethical side of it, what a concentrated and illiquid asset to hold and what a niche market segment to target.

The rent increases sound like they want people to move out rather than pay up, perhaps their cunning next step will be temporary or migrant housing to up the yield. That would be the only way I could see the asset cashflowing well.

The anomalous era of ultra cheap credit is over.

Maybe some good citizen ought to let them know before they go bust.

Chewing Grass
3 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

They will, its virtually impossible to make money in North Wales away from Tourist and Benefit Hotspots, this is rural out in the boonies forestry and ex-slate mining area and a bastard to get to in a car from even Birmingham.

Probably nearly 10 miles to the nearest grocery shop never mind a supermarket.

Virgil Caine
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

The anomalous era of ultra cheap credit is over.

Maybe some good citizen ought to let them know before they go bust.

Amen.

Cheap credit leads to malinvestment as surely as night follows day. Property speculation is just the most obvious example. All those Venture Capital schemes propping up Unicorn businesses that will just burn through the money and never return a profit is another. It is the equivalent of housing, feeding and supplying an army of monkeys in the hope that they might eventually produce the entire works of Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

Amen.

Cheap credit leads to malinvestment as surely as night follows day. Property speculation is just the most obvious example. All those Venture Capital schemes propping up Unicorn businesses that will just burn through the money and never return a profit is another. It is the equivalent of housing, feeding and supplying an army of monkeys in the hope that they might eventually produce the entire works of Shakespeare.

Prices out sound /competitive investment too. No coincidence econmically and industrially the UK is doing so badly.

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

They will, its virtually impossible to make money in North Wales away from Tourist and Benefit Hotspots, this is rural out in the boonies forestry and ex-slate mining area and a bastard to get to in a car from even Birmingham.

Fill it full of Albanians growing weed and everyone's a winner.

4 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

Ex mining village.

69100405-11899481-image-a-3_167973465904

By the looks of it, filled up with bennie sinks over time.

Disabled pensioner Brian Kügler, 70, said he has been left with just £3-a-month to live on after the lavish landlord supercouple increased his rent by nearly 60 per cent, from £380 to £595 a month.

He said: 'My head is all over the place. I can't afford the rent and don't have the money to cover it.

'If I had to pay £595 a month, I would be left with just £3 a month for food, running my car and bills.

Like Brian, fellow tenant Sara Lewis also faces eviction and is so enraged she has mounted a daily sit-down protest against the charges for 16 former quarrymen's houses and cottages in the village which is surrounded by stunningly beautiful scenery.

The mum of two, whose rent has increased from £435 to £550 a month, has also hit out at Gwynedd Council.

She said: 'My Universal Credit contains £300 for my rent and the council current gives me £49 from its discretionary fund to pay the shortfall.

68988627-11890315-image-a-4_167949470166

55. COPD pipes.

The mum of two, whose rent has increased from £435 to £550 a month, has also hit out at Gwynedd Council.

She said: 'My Universal Credit contains £300 for my rent and the council current gives me £49 from its discretionary fund to pay the shortfall.

'I have applied to Gwynedd Council for the £250 shortfall and received a phone call saying that I won't be receiving it and will have to find the money myself.

'I don't have any savings and cannot work because I have severe emphysema and need oxygen at all times.

'The council are being heartless and have caused be so much stress that it is making me ill.

'When I received the phone call, I was in tears. They are making me homeless and do not care.

'How ill do you have to be to qualify for the discretionary payment? '

Sara, who is also a grandmother, added: 'I am going to sit down and protest on this bench until it is sorted or until I die.

If I end up catching flu or pneumonia, that's it: I am dead.

'I don't want to move from the house I have lived in for 22 years.'

Ms Lewis said her rent has increased by £200 each month after the former quarrymen's homes were bought.

Ms Lewis added: 'I would rather die than leave this village. My support network is here, my family is from here. It's become my haven and I don't want to live anywhere else.

'I believe I am going to be made homeless because I cannot get help.'

Ms Lewis continued: 'My Universal Credit covers £300. The council will not be paying the extra cost. I've been told I'll need to pay it myself with my benefits but I can't afford £200 extra a month.'

I would rather die than leave this village. It's my haven and I don't want to live anywhere else.

Ms Lewis, who can't work due to her illness, has applied to Gwynedd council for discretionary funding support.

The tenants are scatters whove moved out yo nowhere to avoid having to work.

They need putting in HMOs.

The LL are leveraged fuckwits.

4 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

68993395-11890315-The_16_former_quarryme

The 16 former quarrymen's houses and cottages in Aberllefenni, Gwynedd, were bought for £1million by Walsh Investment Properties

Strip of 16 houses along the road.

Less village, more wierd terrace in middle of nowhere.

Earlier article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11890315/Woman-holds-sit-protest-London-property-firm-bought-entire-Welsh-village-1m.html

Sara Lewis, 55, is so enraged that she has carried out a daily sit-down protest against the charges for 16 former quarrymen's houses and cottages in Aberllefenni, Gwynedd.

If shed not spent her life sitting down ....

14 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Disabled pensioner Brian Kügler, 70, said he has been left with just £3-a-month to live on after the lavish landlord supercouple increased his rent by nearly 60 per cent, from £380 to £595 a month.

I don't think any landlord can increase the rent by that much. Brian needs to visit the Citizen's Advice Bureau about that one. 

Wight Flight
11 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

I don't think any landlord can increase the rent by that much. Brian needs to visit the Citizen's Advice Bureau about that one. 

Yes they can.

The tenant always has the option of moving out.

AlfredTheLittle

What a complete mess the UK is. Hopefully the tenants will all stop paying rent altogether and cost the lavish landlord supercouple a packet in legal fees, before leaving after a couple of years of court delays.

Then the council will have to find them all new homes, because no way are any of that lot supporting themselves.

The 16 houses will be turned into either refugee accommodation or holiday lets, and the UK is a further 16 homes down or 16 families up, whichever you choose. 

Eventually, either holiday lets are going to have to be taxed out of existence so that they can be used to live in,  immigration reversed, or lots more people will have to move into HMOs. Looks like it's probably HMOs all round.

2 hours ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

What a complete mess the UK is. Hopefully the tenants will all stop paying rent altogether and cost the lavish landlord supercouple a packet in legal fees, before leaving after a couple of years of court delays.

Then the council will have to find them all new homes, because no way are any of that lot supporting themselves.

The 16 houses will be turned into either refugee accommodation or holiday lets, and the UK is a further 16 homes down or 16 families up, whichever you choose. 

Eventually, either holiday lets are going to have to be taxed out of existence so that they can be used to live in,  immigration reversed, or lots more people will have to move into HMOs. Looks like it's probably HMOs all round.

Social tenants should nit be in the PRS.

Expensive cluster fuck for the tax payer.

People in thus article need to be in a cheap central block - sharing LHA flat if ness.

Even before the scum LL raise, that was 16x400/m.

Saw this story earlier on the beeb, then looked up the Walsh business. Thought you,d pick up on it Spy! But (from reading some of their filed accounts) looks like they owe money to... oh to their other businesses! Not just their Blue Chip Accom biz, but their kiddie nursery one and their children,s centre. They own other biz too, on Companies House. I hope their greed demolishes them...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65074607

HANNAH'S HOUSE DAY NURSERY LTD

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10226282/officers

MARSH ROAD CHILDRENS CENTRE LTD.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07450702/officers

1 hour ago, roundhouse said:

Saw this story earlier on the beeb, then looked up the Walsh business. Thought you,d pick up on it Spy! But (from reading some of their filed accounts) looks like they owe money to... oh to their other businesses! Not just their Blue Chip Accom biz, but their kiddie nursery one and their children,s centre. They own other biz too, on Companies House. I hope their greed demolishes them...

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10226282/officers

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07450702/officers

looks like they are playing pass the parcel with the debt but to be fair here (you can boo me ) the views they have for the rent was a fucking bargain.providing you can drive . I suspect he was hoping to fuck them off to sell these cottages has second homes or maybe Airbnb a few . Hell at the rent some were paying ie 400 a month or less it’s way cheaper than buying a static caravan on a shit site .

19 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Dont know the area.

The two big settlements -Liverpool and Bham are not places I go Oh, Id love to visit.

We did consider a visit to Snowdonia railway when the kids were in their Thomas phase.

I do wonder how someone on bennies could afford to live there.

Even before the rent increase the rent wasnt cheap, considering youd need to run a car for some miles, which most benefits dont really stretch too.

10 hours ago, roundhouse said:

They appear to be borrowing from finance co i.e. not banks, not regulated.

And a 90yo bizzyness man, either personally or via his companies.

The list of charges I posted earlier

IO BTL SVR are heading rapidly to 10%.

Borrowing from a finance co is going to be 15%.

FinCos take very risky bets, at very high %.

Im v wary when a couple discover the joys of LtdCO and art leveraging up. It always blows up.

The period when all sorts of leveraged property based fuckwittery seemed *ALMOST^ doable - and I do mean almost as, even with ZIRP,these LtdCos never really made money, just a gamble on HPI.

9 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

Surname Walsh (like the Irish fella off BGT) and live in a glorified static caravan.

Diddy-coy thread crosser.

Possible.

One of the blokes companies -

CBR RECYCLING LTD

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07625779

9 hours ago, King Penda said:

looks like they are playing pass the parcel with the debt but to be fair here (you can boo me ) the views they have for the rent was a fucking bargain.providing you can drive . I suspect he was hoping to fuck them off to sell these cottages has second homes or maybe Airbnb a few . Hell at the rent some were paying ie 400 a month or less it’s way cheaper than buying a static caravan on a shit site .

Similar happens at Scabby.

The employable kids move away for work.

Then the unemployable scum (COD pipes at 55 ...) relate to avoid work.

Social tenancies shold be in smallish blocks of flat near to work.

Social housing should be dependent on work.

The work dodging scratters can live in HMOs. You could house all occupants of the street in a bare HMO in Cardiff or whatever.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Similar happens at Scabby.

The employable kids move away for work.

Then the unemployable scum (COD pipes at 55 ...) relate to avoid work.

Social tenancies shold be in smallish blocks of flat near to work.

Social housing should be dependent on work.

The work dodging scratters can live in HMOs. You could house all occupants of the street in a bare HMO in Cardiff or whatever.

I’d use old static caravans but I’m a bit of a cunt but yes they should get all the singles out of houses with spare rooms that hb is paying for and into hmo.

6 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I’d use old static caravans but I’m a bit of a cunt but yes they should get all the singles out of houses with spare rooms that hb is paying for and into hmo.

HMO with bunkbeds.

Im not entirely heartless.

They can pick which stinking alcoholic theyll share with and choice of top or bottom bunk.

Treta people on bennies for 2y+ as the kids they are.

Limited choice, pocket money and do as they are fuckign told, in by 9pm.

And if they dont likeit they can get a job and pay for their own housing....

I reckon this'll be filled with dinghy folk within a few months. Seems like an easy money spinner, there's a woman in the Daily Mail today raking in £2m a year by finding hotels for them and charging a referral fee.

In any civilised country she'd be lined up against a wall.

Archived