DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

RoyaleLife

spygirl

New one on me.

Billionaire bungalow tycoon ‘Bob the Builder’ in bankruptcy row

Robert Bull maintains that filings against his businesses are based on false claims

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/06/18/robert-bull-royalelife-bankruptcy-row-house-builder/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12155145/I-went-bankrupt-caravan-park-boss-2BN-property-tycoon-spotting-niche-market.html

After this period of time, the 46-year-old spotted a gaping hole in the housing market and had the idea of turning caravan parks into bungalow villages for people who wanted to sell their homes and downsize.

Today, Bob's company is now worth £4billion and employs 2,000 workers and he lives in a stunning £10million mansion in Southampton with his fiancée, which has a three-lane bowling alley. 

Just like that?

His hair seems to come n go in those pictures.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/24034691-mr-robert-lee-jack-bull

265 active companies.

Not going thru those.

Bob says: “My dad came out of semi-retirement and helped me raise £9.7million and within a year the business was worth £100million.

“They can take everything from you but not your know-how.”

In 2017 his company, RoyaleLife, built 20 bungalows on a site near Southampton, held an open day and sold them all.

Advertisement

In a year he had sold 100 new bungalows, and says: “I repaid every penny I’d owed and one of the guys who sued me for £76,000 and put me in the bankruptcy court, we bought his business two years ago for £43million

The other love of Bob’s life, his fiancée, Norwegian entrepreneur Sara Nilsen, 30, says: “By the way it was called a ‘widow maker’ before he had it tuned up. I don’t know why he did it.

Former local councillor Sara whose blonde hair is 26 inches long has designed a unique £43 hairbrush brand that stimulates hair growth

20 hours ago, spygirl said:

RAGS TO RICHES 

I was so skint that I had to borrow money for KFC… now I’m worth £2billion after spotting easy business opportunity

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/22563277/robert-bull-fortune-bungalow-builder/

Why would a billionaire live in Soton?

"My dad came out of semi-retirement and helped me raise £9.7million"

....as ya do...

Still don't get how he's gone from skint to billionaire in under10 years.

Edited by JoeDavola

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

"My dad came out of semi-retirement and helped me raise £9.7million"

....as ya do...

Still don't get how he's gone from skint to billionaire in under10 years.

Its BS ,with BS valuation.

In terms of caravans/park homes-> bungalows, these appear to be the same mobile homes with the wheels removed and replaced with a layer of bricks.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.royalelife.com

• Agree 2

"In a year he had sold 100 new bungalows"

"He plans to build 2,000 eco-friendly bungalows a year"

Yeah and I plan to shag Emma Radacanu within the next year. How many is he actually building now and at what margin? I suspect the answer is a few hundred and not much.

I wonder how many of the 307 companies, where he has been a director, tapped up the Government's Covid free money funds. I note that while he's keen to tell us about his wonderful house, he doesn't mention when he actually bought it.

• Agree 2

On 18/06/2023 at 10:08, spygirl said:

New one on me.

Billionaire bungalow tycoon ‘Bob the Builder’ in bankruptcy row

Robert Bull maintains that filings against his businesses are based on false claims

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/06/18/robert-bull-royalelife-bankruptcy-row-house-builder/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12155145/I-went-bankrupt-caravan-park-boss-2BN-property-tycoon-spotting-niche-market.html

After this period of time, the 46-year-old spotted a gaping hole in the housing market and had the idea of turning caravan parks into bungalow villages for people who wanted to sell their homes and downsize.

Today, Bob's company is now worth £4billion and employs 2,000 workers and he lives in a stunning £10million mansion in Southampton with his fiancée, which has a three-lane bowling alley. 

Just like that?

His hair seems to come n go in those pictures.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/people/24034691-mr-robert-lee-jack-bull

265 active companies.

Not going thru those.

I guess an example of debt leverage over substance to generate wealth. 265 covid grants etc….life is a blast.

The bankruptcy proceedings will see if there is any substance to the business.

My guess is rising interest rates will separate the men from the boys. 😉

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

Exclusive: Administrators appointed to 29 companies in billionaire’s holiday park group

Dolbeare-Court-Saltash-500x333.jpg RoyaleLife's site at Dolbeare Court, Saltash, is one of those now controlled by administrators

29 RoyaleLife holiday parks, developments and property companies have collapsed into administration at the peak of the summer holiday season, TheBusinessDesk.com can exclusively reveal.

The court action comes weeks after their parent company, Royale Parks, and a small number of resorts, including Billing Aquadrome and Cogenhoe Mill in Northamptonshire, also appointed administrators.

The affected sites are mainly along the south coast, but there are also developments in the North West, East Midlands, South West and East Anglia that are no longer in the company’s control.

The RoyaleLife group is owned by billionaire Robert Bull, who was ranked 88th in the Sunday Times Rich List this May with a net worth of nearly £2bn.

Last month he claimed winding up orders were “based on false claims and unfounded information” and said they were the subject of legal action.

However in a High Court judgement by Judge Barber handed down on July 28, she refused to strike out a winding-up petition filed against a property company he wholly owned, Time GB Group.

Barber also issued strong criticism of Bull, former Time GB Group director James Williams, and Pinder Reaux solicitor Olivia Taylor-James for their evidence.

She said: “Whilst strictly unnecessary for the purpose of this application, I would add that on the evidence before me, the Applicant [Time GB Group] appears to be hopelessly insolvent. The assertions as to solvency made in the witness statements of each of Mr Bull, Ms Taylor-James and Mr Williams are regrettable.”

There is also a separate breach of contract action by Bull, Time GB Group and related companies against Sines Parks Holdings, which applied to put some of Bull’s companies into administration.

The actions by Sines Parks appears to have influenced lenders and started a domino effect culminating in today’s administration appointments.

Only last month RoyaleLife said it is building in 64 different residential bungalow communities with 40 more in planning and development. The group has more than 200 legal entities.

At the time Bull, the group’s executive chairman, said a recapitalisation of the business was taking place with the aim of installing 1,000 bungalows across the UK, starting later this year.

The affected sites are:

Cheshire:
Moore Lane, Warrington

Cornwall:
Budemeadows Country Park, Bude
Dolbeare Court, Saltash

Devon:
Oakleigh Court, Dolton
Regency Court, Newton Abbot
Regency Place, Newton Abbot

Dorset:
Christchurch Marina Park, Christchurch
Matchams Lane, Christchurch
Beacon Hill, Poole
Manor Farm Park, Poole
Matchams Leisure Park, Ringwood
Silver Mist, Ringwood
Dorset Heights, Wareham
Deers Court, Wimbourne
New Forest Court, Wimborne

Essex:
Dunton Park, Royal Dunton Court, nr Brentwood

Gloucestershire:
Montserrat Caravan Park, Stroud

Hampshire:
Frensham Country Park, Churt
Milford on Sea Park, Lymington
Wickham Court, North Boarhunt

Isle of Wight:
Fort Caravan Park, Sandown
IOW View, Sandown

Kent:
Reculver Court, Herne Bay
Waterways, Herne Bay

Norfolk:
Plum Tree Country Park, Thetford
Redhill Residential Park, Watton

Nottinghamshire:
Sherwood Court, Newark

Rutland:
Ranksborough Hall Estates, Oakham

The holding company for the group’s Hampshire head office property, North Boarhunt 1, has also fallen into administration today.

RoyaleParks has been approached for comment.

https://fortune.com/2023/08/04/robert-bull-royalelife-insolvency-administration-irish-gang-fred-doe-billionaire/

The actions of an alleged gangster could threaten all of that.

A couple of weeks before the rich list was published, a company called Sines Parks Holdings Limited applied to put several RoyaleLife units into administration. Sines Parks is ultimately majority owned by a man called Fred Doe, who recently changed his name from Maurice Sines, according to a 2022 filing. An Irish police officer testifying on behalf of the country’s Criminal Assets Bureau named Doe as part of the British arm of a crime group affiliated with the notorious Irish Kinahan gang, according to a High Court judgment in 2018.

The action of Doe has triggered a series of events that leave the future of RoyaleLife uncertain. The application of Sines Parks to place some of Bull’s firms into administration, a form of insolvency, set off a rush for its lenders to do the same. Investment firm Intermediate Capital Group Plc, which is claiming around £500 million, appointed administrators to some entities and other lenders have since followed suit.

“More than 200+ legal entities comprise the RoyaleGroup and these remain unaffected,” Bull said in a statement to Bloomberg News. “I therefore want to reassure our funders, suppliers, residents, and employees that it is very much business as usual.”

A lawyer for Doe declined to comment when approached by Bloomberg News.

• Lol 1

On 18/06/2023 at 10:08, spygirl said:

(quote within your post)

Is it just me or does that read like it is the fiance that features a bowling alley?

"He lives with his fiance in a..." would be better IMO. "Today" and "now" in the first sentence also seems redundant.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

leonardratso
5 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

(quote within your post)

Is it just me or does that read like it is the fiance that features a bowling alley?

"He lives with his fiance in a..." would be better IMO. "Today" and "now" in the first sentence also seems redundant.

Hopefully the pikey will take bob up the arse.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

One of Britain's richest men nicknamed 'Bob the billionaire bungalow builder' is sued for more than £32 million in a row over unpaid debts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12541655/amp/One-Britains-richest-men-nicknamed-Bob-billionaire-bungalow-builder-sued-32-million-row-unpaid-debts.html

And the new legal claim launched by fellow entrepreneur Mr Barney, who owns a string of residential and lodge parks ranging from Yorkshire to Norfolk, is said to be worth £125million

• Lol 1

• 4 months later...

Forgot about this.

Administration-hit RoyaleLife Group caravan parks Solent Grange in Milford, Christchurch Marina Park, and Matchams Lane, Matchams Leisure Park and Silver Mist in Ringwood up for sale

https://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/news/forest-caravan-park-sites-to-be-sold-after-firm-enters-admin-9334840/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12850837/royalelife-bungalow-village-sewage-security-bin-collection-problems.html

Robert 'Bob' Bull suffered a dramatic fall from grace last week after it was revealed he had been declared bankrupt and had debts worth some £725million - having previously been worth around £1.9billion.

The 46-year-old appeared 88th in the Sunday Times Rich List earlier this year and made his fortune by transforming static caravan parks into pre-fab bungalow villages.

• Informative 1

One percent
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Forgot about this.

Administration-hit RoyaleLife Group caravan parks Solent Grange in Milford, Christchurch Marina Park, and Matchams Lane, Matchams Leisure Park and Silver Mist in Ringwood up for sale

https://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/news/forest-caravan-park-sites-to-be-sold-after-firm-enters-admin-9334840/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12850837/royalelife-bungalow-village-sewage-security-bin-collection-problems.html

Robert 'Bob' Bull suffered a dramatic fall from grace last week after it was revealed he had been declared bankrupt and had debts worth some £725million - having previously been worth around £1.9billion.

The 46-year-old appeared 88th in the Sunday Times Rich List earlier this year and made his fortune by transforming static caravan parks into pre-fab bungalow villages.

At least they will have somewhere to house some dinghy divers 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
PatronizingGit

Quite surprised about this. One of the few names i've heard of (well, the only one) when I think of park homes. If II think 'Park homes' I think Tingdene. 

Wellingborough park homes company Tingdene Homes goes into liquidation as staff told 'register as unemployed' (northantstelegraph.co.uk)

Would have thought with the boom in park home living they would be quids in. Seems outside of the big cities most the newly imported peasants are living in Park homes on parcels of land near farmhouses, boat yards etc

They were even selling modular 2 story homes...

The Loft - Tingdene Park Home | Park Home Search

A half million park home, no less...

maxresdefault.jpg

Tingdene Homes – earn up to £39k per year, for 5 years - Haulfryn Holidays

• Agree 1