DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Housing in 20 year's time

Wight Flight

On 23/01/2024 at 13:28, King Penda said:

Just buy this your plot won’t get compulsory purchased for flats however your bedroom might vanish down pit.https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/141062606?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

Gutted that Debra Timmis don't get the mine shaft into their "poem"!

if you're lucky this house won't fall into a pit

but if it does, well, that's just tough shit

Edited by apples

DurhamBorn

I see massive changes in use of expensive assets,so houses and cars.Making more use of space and expense.Houses will see more people living in them,HMOs will explode,as will lodgers.Single renters or owners not on bennies will not be able to rent or buy anything alone without family money,and even then,even a smaller mortgage plus bills wont be doable on ordinary wages without sharing.

I see 4 bed detached style houses becoming outliers due to costs of running etc for families.HMOs for lots of them.

The government trying to force off ICE cars will be a disaster for ordinary people.Get a job in a warehouse now you can pick up a £2k car and keep it on the road for 5 years for a grand a year tops.EV will be out of reach.Car sharing will expand hugely,families first,but then even friends,groups of people etc.Lots more illegal "lifts"

If i was starting now id be looking for a decent ,solid brick terrace where i could do the attic into bedroom 3.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Frank Hovis
11 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

see 4 bed detached style houses becoming outliers due to costs of running etc for families.HMOs for lots of them.

I would say that the people who will be living in them in twenty years' time will be mostly the people who are living in them now or their descendants, they have already become unaffordable from salary in most of the south.

• Agree 1

PatronizingGit
On 25/01/2024 at 09:14, DurhamBorn said:

I see massive changes in use of expensive assets,so houses and cars.Making more use of space and expense.Houses will see more people living in them,HMOs will explode,as will lodgers.Single renters or owners not on bennies will not be able to rent or buy anything alone without family money,and even then,even a smaller mortgage plus bills wont be doable on ordinary wages without sharing.

I see 4 bed detached style houses becoming outliers due to costs of running etc for families.HMOs for lots of them.

The government trying to force off ICE cars will be a disaster for ordinary people.Get a job in a warehouse now you can pick up a £2k car and keep it on the road for 5 years for a grand a year tops.EV will be out of reach.Car sharing will expand hugely,families first,but then even friends,groups of people etc.Lots more illegal "lifts"

If i was starting now id be looking for a decent ,solid brick terrace where i could do the attic into bedroom 3.

Yup. Its inefficient us having all these nicety's like private cars, gardens, spare rooms.

The gates & Sunaks & Starmers dont view us as humans. They view us only as economic units to be utilized, at minimum cost, and then thrown away. Business dont keep their vans in carpeted, heated car parks, so why would they give their organic economic resource more. 

Its just coincident they use taxes to achieve this that harm the poorer most, rather than regulations that would force the rich into the same cramped conditions.

• Agree 1