DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 9)

spunko

manservantjerkins
1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I don't have DBs macro knowledge and I don't have Harley's TA ability, but when people ask me why I'm so certain that America is coming to the end of its hegemony it's because countries who take 48 days to remove a ship from underneath a metal column, and resort to explosives to do so, don't have long left at the top.

They need some Indians in flip flops with gas torches 

• Agree 4
  • Lol 4

stoobs
1 hour ago, No One said:

Yeah i get that. 

But my point was not on legalease but on he trend that they honoured these mistakes up until inflation hit. o they are under orders to change a practice thats been going on for years now. A sign of the decline.

Long ago British Gas discovered that they'd been billing based on a cubic feet meter when they'd replaced it with a cubic metre meter (?) years before. Hence a huge catch-up bill. I argued for several hours on the phone that they'd already billed me (and I'd paid) so it was their problem. Eventually they gave in and deleted the catch-up charge.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 3

Ash4781b
3 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Wage growth still at 6% flies in the face of Bailey's  Dovish proclamations. I'm beginning to doubt we will even get the sub 2% for April CPI the chump  ( Bailey)is predicting, be it a fall before a rise back towards 3%.

The weird thing is they will cut this Summer. A tad dangerous since it will prove the 2% target is an absolute lie after suffering 5% average CPI now for 4 long years. What faith in fiat then?

National Living Wage April 24 increase is in the next one. No idea where the average growth will go. Although I think can see a bit of the National Living wage increase in prior years. 7% ? . It would be funny if it went to 8% or hit record? Employers maintaining differential. When’s the rate cut coming? 

FE8ACB94-4227-4102-940C-3B6355FF568B.jpeg

ACA1D982-ECCC-4723-947E-E26603221265.jpeg

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Bogged 1

Long time lurking
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, No One said:

tell that to BOJ

IMO she was referring to the Fed intervention  "$50 billion a week if need be " or words to those effects the BOJ achieved nada the Fed words stabilised it ,hence Chinas threats

Her initial response to that threat 

Edited by Long time lurking

Yadda yadda yadda

I don't have DBs macro knowledge and I don't have Harley's TA ability, but when people ask me why I'm so certain that America is coming to the end of its hegemony it's because countries who take 48 days to remove a ship from underneath a metal column, and resort to explosives to do so, don't have long left at the top.

They should have used drones.

Axeman123
45 minutes ago, manservantjerkins said:

They need some Indians in flip flops with gas torches 

or some pikeys that just want the bridge to weigh in for scrap...

• Lol 2

goldbug9999
45 minutes ago, stoobs said:

Long ago British Gas discovered that they'd been billing based on a cubic feet meter when they'd replaced it with a cubic metre meter (?) years before. Hence a huge catch-up bill. I argued for several hours on the phone that they'd already billed me (and I'd paid) so it was their problem. Eventually they gave in and deleted the catch-up charge.

Energy companies are only allowed to back bill by one year. Worth knowing for future reference.

• Informative 8
  • Cheers 1

Long time lurking

Things are moving along ,there are psyops going on from both sides below might be part of "the game" but it`s openly being discussed now 

IMO no side is going to reveal what cards it really holds until it`s all ready to go 

https://sputnikglobe.com/20240513/de-dollarization-bombshell-the-coming-of-brics-decentralized-monetary-ecosystem-1118409748.html

sleepwello'nights
17 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Gaslighting on a Olympic level ,i lasted 5 minuets ,see how long you can last 

Got as far as 1 min 17 sec. He says "the dangers facing our country are real"

Can't listen any more as I doubt he will say our biggest danger is our politicians. I might persevere.

• Agree 9

Posted (edited)
On 13/05/2024 at 10:05, working woman said:

Boomers and Gen X know. Hiroshima nuclear fall-out regularly shown on TV when I was a child. Lived through the Cold War with the constant worry of a nuclear bomb landing on our heads,  Chenobyl fall-out etc.

My husbands late Grand Dad, lived through both WWs said the best anyone could hope for from their Government was that they would not take the country to war. 

Everything else pales into insignificance compared to the threat of being sent off to war.

Maybe the making of arms will be the re-industrialisation that is talked about on here. 

Why can't we all live together in peace?

Yes the elder generations were realists and knew the score. Actually, my own grandparents used to use that same phrase... 'the best hope is that our government don't take the country to war'. 

Scary thing is that the younger generation have done a 180 and naively believe 'Big Government' can solve problems!!

Edited by JMD
  • Agree 9

Long time lurking
1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

Markets shrugging off PPI numbers so far, silver up and approaching $29 for example.

• Agree 2

DurhamBorn
12 minutes ago, janch said:

Both VOD and BT are on the up.  I hope it lasts as we've waited long enough:)

I got lucky on BT,i bought a big holding at £1 during the COVID lows and sold them near £1.90 and bought them back at £1.13.Its thanks to that,Turkcell double,50+ on the Brazil telcos that the sector has still been ok for me.TEF has also returned 35% over 3 years,not setting the world on fire,but good enough.My main worry with them all now is governments and regulators.The compaies have spunked shareholder capital into building modern telcos networks for countries and at some point should see falling Capex and stable Opex,then fast increasing divis etc unless governments decide fat Shaz should see the return instead of the owners.

• Informative 4
  • Cheers 3

MightyTharg
1 hour ago, DoINeedOne said:

As a result, Vodafone now intends to commence an initial €500 million share buyback programme on 15 May 2024, as part of our plans to return €2.0 billion over 12 months.

Why do that if they are a bazillion pounds in debt? Seems silly.

8 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I got lucky on BT,i bought a big holding at £1 during the COVID lows and sold them near £1.90 and bought them back at £1.13

I've also been in and out of BT and made a profit.  I went in again in July 23 at around £1.21 hoping for a repeat.:)

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

DurhamBorn
49 minutes ago, MightyTharg said:

Why do that if they are a bazillion pounds in debt? Seems silly.

Even with the divi cut,divi 5%,lots of debt fixed at 3%,so better to buy back shares.I agree with you though,but i suspect they are trying to sort the business out etc before someone launches a hostile bid.Bid debt,less shares will put off bidders.I suspect if the debt was £20bill we would see a takeover move.

• Informative 8