• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Carbuncles for sale thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

The house exterior is interesting but looks like the thing has been jacked up, inside it is completely tasteless.

£9000 for a copper bathtub, my lads mate Shabooboo could get them handmade in India for 1/8 of the price.

The Uber wealthy love their 50 shades of grey. It’s crazy. I remember watching a TV programme a few years ago about Russians and their obsession with buying flats in London. You had this “entrepreneur” who bought this flat some where in Central London for ~£1.2m. It was big. Spacious. It had character. Yeah the decor hadn’t been updated other than a lick of paint in a couple decades. The kitchen would have been top of the range in the late 80’s. Yet, it was a flat I could live in and love.

He then spent a good few hundred grand turning everything 50 shades of grey and hoped to sell for £1m more than he bought it for. I hated it. It was garish. Absolutely no character whatsoever. But I’m just a poor boy, so what do I know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Option5 said:

Here's another "eccentric house in Hampton Court, they have some strange folks in these parts.

You have to go outside across the roof terrace to get to the second bedroom :)

Oh and nowhere to park (the front wood glass bit was a garage type entrance before)

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/4092244/

 

That’s awful. It looks like nothing from outside (no “curb appeal”) and looks like a converted church/chapel inside. Nah. That’s crazy money for that dump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/12/2018 at 11:12, Option5 said:

This is just down the road from me, it was up for £13,000,000  a while ago, now it's been repossed and is for sale at £3,750,000. Owner was a lunatic who was always in court for something.

Looking through the photos is a laugh a minute

https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbesrsehs150073

 

You win.  It looks like something that would end up run down very quickly without constant maintenance.  And, as a bonus, downstairs could be flooded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/12/2018 at 11:12, Option5 said:

This is just down the road from me, it was up for £13,000,000  a while ago, now it's been repossed and is for sale at £3,750,000. Owner was a lunatic who was always in court for something.

Looking through the photos is a laugh a minute

https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbesrsehs150073

 

Just seen this.

Holy balls. 

That must have cost an absolute fortune. Is that what the disgustingly rich spend their money on!? It's like a lavish version of where I drop my two year old off for the day.

More 'speshul' than spatial architect IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Just seen this.

Holy balls. 

That must have cost an absolute fortune. Is that what the disgustingly rich spend their money on!? It's like a lavish version of where I drop my two year old off for the day.

More 'speshul' than spatial architect IMO.

What makes me angry is if anyone else had ruined a Grade II listed building internally like that they'd be hauled before the courts. It's going to cost a bomb to return it back to how it should be.

I do like the fishtank though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spunko said:

What makes me angry is if anyone else had ruined a Grade II listed building internally like that they'd be hauled before the courts. It's going to cost a bomb to return it back to how it should be.

I do like the fishtank though.

Sounds like he's the sort of knobhead that thinks the rules don't apply to him judging by the amount of time he's spent in court. Any other punter that couldn't afford the expensive lawyers would probably be in The Big House by now.

Why are the seriously rich so utterly fucking tasteless so often?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Sounds like he's the sort of knobhead that thinks the rules don't apply to him judging by the amount of time he's spent in court. Any other punter that couldn't afford the expensive lawyers would probably be in The Big House by now.

Why are the seriously rich so utterly fucking tasteless so often?

The old adage, money doesn’t buy taste. 

Which is clearly demonstrated by that interior 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.