DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

Just now, Lightscribe said:

Question is, if London nose dives, does the rest of the country still have a functioning economy? 

The rest of the country doesn't have a functioning economy, as most govt policies and money is directed at propping up London's banking sector and SE England property ponzi scheme.

The lack of tourists and business travellers will decimate the place, but at least they'll have multi-culturism to fall back on!

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Cheers just bought 3 grands worth .. getting an itchy finger!

£30 to change my pounds to Euros the robbing bastards. 

image.png.5a7223ffa99a539b0f94eb6897e0857f.png

Do you want me to give you a Trading212 or Freetrade referal code? Because honestly, you are dealing shares with the Italian mob.

4 minutes ago, No One said:

Do you want me to give you a Trading212 or Freetrade referal code? Because honestly, you are dealing shares with the Italian mob.

Down 1% on FX! Do they offer SIPPS/ISA's?

If not could come in handy for when i spunk my house money should a BK happen.

https://www.ft.com/content/cfacf00c-214b-4d52-8992-d7c01180c06a

Crown Estate prepares for a century’s worth of change in next decade

But, for now, roughly half of its revenues come from property in central London, where the pandemic has decimated tourism.

This year, the estate auctioned the rights to build offshore wind farms around Wales and England in a deal that could be worth almost £9bn over a decade.

43 minutes ago, Hancock said:

The rest of the country doesn't have a functioning economy, as most govt policies and money is directed at propping up London's banking sector and SE England property ponzi scheme.

The lack of tourists and business travellers will decimate the place, but at least they'll have multi-culturism to fall back on!

UK policy is massive welfare paid for with city tax.They have a window as this thread has always said to use the printed money for industrial investment.I think most went on government workers and balloon maker tax credit claims though so far.

Agent ZigZag
17 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

They have a window as this thread has always said to use the printed money for industrial investment.I think most went on government workers and balloon maker tax credit claims though so far.

In my opinion I  have not seen enough enterprise, vision or positive leadership from government for an industrial led recovery. There's been alot of talk but action is what I want to see. My fear is that we are going to miss the boat big time here or at least our potential which would be a great shame as the UK , especially the Midlands  The North West and North east of the country are in an ideal position to carry the UK forward.

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

UK policy is massive welfare paid for with city tax.They have a window as this thread has always said to use the printed money for industrial investment.I think most went on government workers and balloon maker tax credit claims though so far.

My kids school is ran by an academy that has 2 dozen managers of differing varieties running it, on top of that they pay a legal firm for advice on transgender children and what to teach kids about this drivel.  (all these people doing these nonjobs are white British, usually with social science degrees, and about 90% are women) ... there are a mere 2000 children in the several schools ran by this academy, that these people are making a very good living from.

Until the govt deals with these people, and they accept their limit in life without the state handing them money is stacking shelves for minimum wage, then i don't see this country ever getting close to what it once was.

1 hour ago, Cattle Prod said:

I hope to see smaller city, town and village economies booming in response. 

My crowd have just confirmed a 3/2 hybrid model trial till March, after which I'll be made permanent all going well (which it will, because people want it to). That's with a reluctant old school American ceo, but there have been a bunch of converts in the senior leadership team demanding it.

So 40% less pret sandwiches, boozy lunches, after work drinks, gym, yoga classes, daytime hotels and Id imagine sex dungeon rentals for London, and 40% more cash to be spent in assorted towns and villages, from our company anyway. The working world has changed, London is going to change with it, and good. It's a nice place to stroll around minus a few million people.

Train companies still gouging though, offering c. 10% off a weekly for 3 days. I'll drive instead. 

Must be great for tobacco companies as well,no more standing in the pissing rain for a fag when you want one.Likely more nights out to the pub as well,a small hangover isnt  a problem when your at home etc.

My worry over this though is councils etc use it as a green light to allow managers to be at home doing little.My partners bosses are and its obvious they are doing very little.

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

What happens to us if they miss the window? Seriously. 

2 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

I hope to see smaller city, town and village economies booming in response. 

My crowd have just confirmed a 3/2 hybrid model trial till March, after which I'll be made permanent all going well (which it will, because people want it to). That's with a reluctant old school American ceo, but there have been a bunch of converts in the senior leadership team demanding it.

So 40% less pret sandwiches, boozy lunches, after work drinks, gym, yoga classes, daytime hotels and Id imagine sex dungeon rentals for London, and 40% more cash to be spent in assorted towns and villages, from our company anyway. The working world has changed, London is going to change with it, and good. It's a nice place to stroll around minus a few million people.

Train companies still gouging though, offering c. 10% off a weekly for 3 days. I'll drive instead. 

I'm just back from a trip to the chemist and co-op (for some goodies).  I don't go into town much as I'm very busy out in the fields, etc.  Not missing anything.  Dire.  And the goodies aren't that good!  I've no desire to spend other than productive stuff (delivered) like materials.  And maybe a pint in the beer garden if/when everything is back the way it was, else I'll DIY.  I'm going to need another adventure if/when this ends.

2 hours ago, Agent ZigZag said:

In my opinion I  have not seen enough enterprise, vision or positive leadership from government for an industrial led recovery. There's been alot of talk but action is what I want to see. My fear is that we are going to miss the boat big time here or at least our potential which would be a great shame as the UK , especially the Midlands  The North West and North east of the country are in an ideal position to carry the UK forward.

They (polos and civil servants) talk and talk but are clearly useless about everything.  All Arts feckwits, etc with an unwarranted sense of ability, superiority, and entitlement.  Absolutely pointless looking to them for anything, more a case of watching out for how much damage they can cause you.  Pretty obvious before, utterly screaming now.

PS: They'll empty our bank accounts and sell off everything before they (have to) change anything.

3 hours ago, Hancock said:

Down 1% on FX! Do they offer SIPPS/ISA's?

If not could come in handy for when i spunk my house money should a BK happen.

Yup, Trading 212 has 0.15% FX fee, and free ISA
         Freetrade has 0.45% FX fee and their ISA costs £3 pm, their G.I.A is completely free however (except FX).

Both have no commission trading. Freetrade has also recently opened a SIPP too for £10 a month, no trading fees and no charges for custody either however I don't have a SIPP with the yet, I'm with AJ and Bell for now and need to continue with them for a least a year or else I get stung with £250 for leaving too early.

The only issue with 212 is that the Wallstreetbet yolo crowd all tried to rush in Jan and make accounts, and they had to put in a waitlist for newcomers.

There are also other providers like eToro. However, whomever you choose you'll save more than what you have now.

My referal links are:

www.trading212.com/invite/FMXckZm
and
https://magic.freetrade.io/join/mark/78fa17e0
respectively.

Full disclosure, I get a free share when someone uses these referals. DYOR yada yada

2 hours ago, Agent ZigZag said:

The big midlands triangle, M40, M25, M1 is perfect as there are many companies already established and all have good links. If the goverment plays it right (if) then you could create a lot of good jobs.

leonardratso

t212 skanked me for my free share, i got 1 from 1 referral, then the second one niether of us got a free share.

Strange how your all piling in, im piling out, made some goodish money, now loading it to isa instead for longer term.

5 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I bought a boat! That'll keep me busy, and much much better than spending my money on Southwest Trains. Also gives me an escape route when (and it is when) they pull this lockdown shite again.

They say having a boat gives you two of the best days of your life.

One when you buy it and the other when you manage to sell it!

44 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I bought a boat! That'll keep me busy, and much much better than spending my money on Southwest Trains. Also gives me an escape route when (and it is when) they pull this lockdown shite again.

Always my dream to buy a boat and live on it, whilst sailing around South East Asia, you'll have to open a topic on the joys and pitfalls of being a sailor.

Yadda yadda yadda
14 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Must be great for tobacco companies as well,no more standing in the pissing rain for a fag when you want one.Likely more nights out to the pub as well,a small hangover isnt  a problem when your at home etc.

My worry over this though is councils etc use it as a green light to allow managers to be at home doing little.My partners bosses are and its obvious they are doing very little.

If the price of a pint stays where it is people will stay drinking at home.

Did council managers ever do any work or did they just have unproductive meetings?

Fully Detached
13 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Probably a little bit slower though.

13 hours ago, Bilbo said:

They say having a boat gives you two of the best days of your life.

One when you buy it and the other when you manage to sell it!

I thought that was the two happiest days of your life?....one on your wedding day and the other when the Decree absolute comes through! :-)

Anyone ever listened to this guy? Alasdair Macleod of GoldMoney.

Covers a lot of interesting stuff in this video.

First half is about the gold bullion market.

From 33:42 it is about Russia, China and currency collapse.

Here is the YT chapter list:

00:00 Introduction
00:59 The Basel / NSFR proposals, and LBMA gold trading
04:34 LBMA circles the wagons, as bullion banks must comply
07:00 Impact of the Basel changes on unallocated gold
09:57 Gold Derivatives - The Basel Committee’s motives
14:40 Suppression of gold and expansion of paper and leasing
16:56 Lent bullion, COMEX shorts, and unallocated holders
22:09 The tiny "free float" of physical gold in London
24:19 Confidence in LBMA data and the lack of transparency
28:59 COMEX activity data useful, but overshadowed by London
33:42 The geopolitics of Russia’s gold accumulation strategy
39:11 China’s gold accumulation and financial war with the US
45:34 The coming fiat collapse and mobilization of gold reserves
50:32 The trigger for the currency collapse - Rising bond yields
52:43 Wrap-up

He reckons China comes out of the collapse stronger than anyone else. Due to more fiscal discipline and having more gold.

reformed nice guy
1 hour ago, Mapper said:

Covers a lot of interesting stuff in this video.

He reckons China comes out of the collapse stronger than anyone else. Due to more fiscal discipline and having more gold.

Good video. Thanks for sharing.

I know a lot of people dont rate the Chinks but I think that they are not incompetent. They were starving and couldnt make a decent amount of usable steel in the 60s and now they are throwing folk into their space station.

For the CCP to retain power they need to show progress and they have hundreds of millions of people that they can offer simple upgrades. For example, their first household fridge, their first household car etc

If they can continue to build up their internal market then that alone is 1.5 billion people

22 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Potash were nother great sector for the above,but iv sold most now with massive profits,but hold Nutrien still.

HL are really starting to pee me off with their quality. I was expecting my portfolio to show a loss this week after the recent sell offs but this didn't help

image.png.0699807787835d2f6a3815f83cb087e0.png

HL using the CAD price (73.06) instead of the UK Price in pence. Wiped out a couple of £K at a stroke!!

Archived