DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Telcos getting deals from regulators to increase prices at inflation+ will start to kick in nicely,fixed depreciation,fixed debt and rising prices should see return on capital employed start to increase and then free cash will follow,the markets have not expected that.

Its been incredible to see the lack of understanding on inflation.

16 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Its been incredible to see the lack of understanding on inflation.

A lot of money has been spent teaching people to understand nothing.

sancho panza

https://mishtalk.com/economics/charts-that-should-scare-the-pants-off-the-fed-and-probably-do

Charts That Should Scare the Pants Off the Fed (And Probably Do)

image.png.0bc6e5c3f719bd71e270a858320aca76.png

image.png.d357577fd633ffeb9099877d301a3ce4.png

image.png.8265d85b782d8fcff57b40f7c96feddc.png

image.png.6757cbc5c0c7f67f00ee89171a3a929c.png

image.png.dead0c59de29229205b40e9f05f38d4f.png

sancho panza

https://mishtalk.com/economics/real-interest-rates-suggest-its-a-good-time-to-buy-and-hold-gold

Real Interest Rates Suggest It's a Good Time to Buy and Hold Gold

image.png.fcc57116e0b2cfa3be5823c79e337bed.png

image.png.9ccd38843a4d46d2239e00cc77d1a4e1.png

image.png.86f0f8408595aca2e43bb4258ddd8f5a.png

image.png.73ff98af8755d8dcce8bf0805b341ec3.png

Timing vs Magnitude

Real interest rates suggest nothing about magnitude of the move. Rather, it's a directional indicator. 

It goes along with what I have stated previously about faith in central banks. 

image.png.4e116b8b64f930e8ae7531a109f80744.png

21 hours ago, Harley said:

A mixed bag atm.  I've been buying the good div payers despite no very clear technical picture but good enough and plenty of vol(atility).  Like *** (DYOR, not a rec, etc) gapping down 4.52% today having risen 14% last month.  I'm probably a bit early but these companies with their cash flows, divs, and balance sheets are hard to ignore.

Aww what was ***?

leonardratso
36 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Aww what was ***?

must be everyones favourite, hahahah,

no that doesnt fit the pattern.

40 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Aww what was ***?

Guessing this was C*ntrica

A shit performer of a share, basically gone nowhere while most others have gone up massively

leonardratso
13 minutes ago, Boon said:

Guessing this was C*ntrica

A shit performer of a share, basically gone nowhere while most others have gone up massively

price caps arseholed it, if they get raised maybe theyll have the opposite affect. Nothing much seems to shift it.

Agent ZigZag

Just renewed my electricity and gas for a 12 month contract. An increase of 3% on the previous year. I view this as very fair and reasonable. Lets see where we are a year from now or is inflation now baked in. As someone once said inflation is like a tube of toothpaste. Once its out you cant put it back in.

It’s kicking off at our place. In manufacturing and plant there are been allegations of abuse and bullying for years, most of them have been fairly legitimate, and most of them have been largely ignored.  

But it looks like the unions have decide to start to take them seriously and are getting feisty with the company. 

All employee company response.  

We wish to reassure our employees that the Company takes all complaints of bullying and harassment seriously and does take action where appropriate, up to and including dismissal.   We encourage any employees to come forward if they have concerns about bullying and harassment and want to assure you that they will be handled fairly, and that support in such engagements is available as needed. 

Our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of our employees.  We have detailed below the support structures available for employees to access and seek additional help and support in circumstances such as this, or in a variety of situations they may find themselves in.  These support structures are both internal and external, and offer flexibility in terms of access.

We have made it clear in our discussions with the Salaried Union, most recently on 11 June, that we are keen to understand the specifics of their concerns, as outlined in their grievance of 20 May,  and find a positive way forward. 

Conversation with my union friends, it's all part of building a position for a 5%+ pay increase this Nov.  

Chewing Grass
17 minutes ago, feed said:

Our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of our employees.  

We get grade A diarrhoea like this one which is even tweeked for men.

They treat people like idiots so they can tick boxes, in reality they only give-a-fuck if you're not at work and that costs them money.

'Why we should talk about menopauze'

771682591_BSIssue42.thumb.jpg.5cd8c4933aa426f37ebbed53533cc757.jpg

18 minutes ago, feed said:

Conversation with my union friends, it's all part of building a position for a 5%+ pay increase this Nov.  

Its no wonder companies hire agency staff and they get so low paid, when the Great British unions are fighting on their own your behalf. Bunch of communist and scouse agitators. 

If i was a manager at that company i'd sack every single person who joined a union.

We need to get rid of the EU employment laws so its easier to get fire people, then the money will go to workers, as opposed to agencies and other 3rd party's.

17 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Its no wonder companies hire agency staff and they get so low paid, when the Great British unions are fighting on their own your behalf. Bunch of communist and scouse agitators. 

If i was a manager at that company i'd sack every single person who joined a union.

We need to get rid of the EU employment laws so its easier to get fire people, then the money will go to workers, as opposed to agencies and other 3rd party's.

unions at our place are legacy, still a large number of hourly union workers, so the company doesn't have all that much choice.  And they've a hell of a problem coming, bottom end / min wage increases are getting ever closer to hourly and the top end London wages are recruiting our senior staff.  

The pay middle range and hope no one notices just stopped working.

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, Hancock said:

If there was any sort of ‘balancing the books’ then maybe, but it’s too far gone to save. It’s now print to the moon until economic implosion or raise interest rates.

Businesses have been able to hire and fire contractors and agency staff for peanuts for far too long thanks to subsidising through tax credits. They’ve managed to pull the wool over working families eyes with cheaper goods whilst making them pay through taxes instead.

The 1%ers and big corporations have had it their way for decades. They’ve rolled around in QE stimulus, tax havens and cheap labour like a pig in shit whilst whilst leaving the tab for the working plebs to pick up.

Businesses now have to sink or swim. No cheap debt or company share buybacks in an inflationary environment. That puts the shoe on the other foot when it comes to hiring (and keeping) skilled labour.

5 hours ago, Harley said:

If I endeavour to tell you will you promise to DYOR?

Of course. Were you genuinely worried that people wouldn't?

27 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

If there was any sort of ‘balancing the books’ then maybe, but it’s too far gone to save. It’s now print to the moon until economic implosion or raise interest rates.

Businesses have been able to hire and fire contractors and agency staff for peanuts for far too long thanks to subsidising through tax credits. They’ve managed to pull the wool over working families eyes with cheaper goods whilst making them pay through taxes instead.

The 1%ers and big corporations have had it their way for decades. They’ve rolled around in QE stimulus, tax havens and cheap labour like a pig in shit whilst whilst leaving the tab for the working plebs to pick up.

Businesses now have to sink or swim. No cheap debt or company share buybacks in an inflationary environment. That puts the shoe on the other foot when it comes to hiring (and keeping) skilled labour.

The corporations have had it their way since companies could just hire and fire via agencies with the added bonus off mass immigration into the country, meaning workers are as dispensable as they could dream .... but the worker gets half their wage taken from them by the agency.

The agency needs to be taken out the picture, so the worker can double his day rate but be dispensable. 

Fuck the British unions those communist fucken pigs hate the British working class, they'd sooner there was no industry to get back at Thatcher and the Tories, than people actually got ahead in life. The unions supported mass immigration from the EU and everywhere else on earth, hardly a benefit to the British working man.

Archived