DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57456641

Hello darkness my old friend,i guess its gas we will be using once again B|

Gas some carbon capture and nature based solutions will end up the huge winners i think of the net zero aim.Planting trees,the oceans etc is the only answer with gas and nuclear that doesnt push most of the world into poverty.

There is a crisis,the choice is,do they funnel trillions to vested interests,or use that money for re-wilding etc instead.

leonardratso
57 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Gas some carbon capture and nature based solutions will end up the huge winners i think of the net zero aim.Planting trees,the oceans etc is the only answer with gas and nuclear that doesnt push most of the world into poverty.

There is a crisis,the choice is,do they funnel trillions to vested interests,or use that money for re-wilding etc instead.

its nice to see the special schools/old folks homes get out on day trips, used to be the sunshine variiety coaches in the past, i presume theres some kind of other organisation now that does it for these people.

37 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

i presume theres some kind of other organisation now that does it for these people.

rather them than me, tough gig that one nowadays...

Fatty_7443ac_662115.jpg

2 minutes ago, nirvana said:

Outside shot but what happens if convid really is a 'depopulation event'? you won't get much inflation then lol

https://scitechdaily.com/new-discovery-shows-human-cells-can-write-rna-sequences-into-dna-challenges-central-principle-in-biology/

Then France goes Muslim in a few years so you better get peddling back to blighty xD

3 minutes ago, nirvana said:

Outside shot but what happens if convid really is a 'depopulation event'? you won't get much inflation then lol

https://scitechdaily.com/new-discovery-shows-human-cells-can-write-rna-sequences-into-dna-challenges-central-principle-in-biology/

yeah, this is on my mind.  if the vaccs are the disaster I think they might be, blows the oil demand curve out the water, frankly.

11 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Then France goes Muslim in a few years so you better get peddling back to blighty xD

that reminds me, need to head to the lake for a bit of practice! laters! :P

9387_012586332_3.jpg

geordie_lurch

I think this is a very interesting article on Zerohedge about Mark Carney and his like and what they trying to implement for us all in plain sight:  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/it-wont-be-pleasant-mark-carney-unveils-dystopian-new-world-combat-climate-crisis

"It Won't Be Pleasant" - Mark Carney Unveils Dystopian New World To Combat Climate 'Crisis'

In his book Value(s): Building a Better World for All, Mark Carney, former governor both of the Bank of Canada and the Bank of England, claims that western society is morally rotten, and that it has been corrupted by capitalism, which has brought about a “climate emergency” that threatens life on earth. This, he claims, requires rigid controls on personal freedom, industry and corporate funding.

Carney’s views are important because he is UN Special Envoy on Climate Action and Finance. He is also an adviser both to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on the next big climate conference in Glasgow, and to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

UBI incoming!! Well, a proposed 2-year pilot - for 5000 (loaves and fishes included!, coincidence?, I think not) in Wales for starters... The think tank was Autonomy, I seem to recall them mentioned on here before? The short 2 year pilot is revealing, almost as though there's a secret schedule to comply with?                                                       The other interesting bit are the rates, £213/week/person, children £120/week. That is a serious amount for a family, especially when those people can continue to work in paid jobs, typically p/t or low paid I expect, but shows I think the future trend for most paid employment (eg, most state jobs will be 'equitably shared' out, on a p/t basis in future I believe).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1447594/universal-basic-income-Wales-uk-ubi-amount-rates-trial-pilot.  

23 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

I think this is a very interesting article on Zerohedge about Mark Carney and his like and what they trying to implement for us all in plain sight:  https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/it-wont-be-pleasant-mark-carney-unveils-dystopian-new-world-combat-climate-crisis

"It Won't Be Pleasant" - Mark Carney Unveils Dystopian New World To Combat Climate 'Crisis'

In his book Value(s): Building a Better World for All, Mark Carney, former governor both of the Bank of Canada and the Bank of England, claims that western society is morally rotten, and that it has been corrupted by capitalism, which has brought about a “climate emergency” that threatens life on earth. This, he claims, requires rigid controls on personal freedom, industry and corporate funding.

Carney’s views are important because he is UN Special Envoy on Climate Action and Finance. He is also an adviser both to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on the next big climate conference in Glasgow, and to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

That article is full of 'weirdness', talk about institutional decay!! 20 years ago I would have thought it was a spoof article. A minor point perhaps but I note Carney's favourite philosopher is Michael Sandell, a utilitarian, nothing particularly offensive about being that, however Sandell is a darling of the BBC and has a penchant for ethics so all quiet suspicious for me.

jamtomorrow

Proof, as if it were needed, that tales of "nobody can get hold of anything" require thoughtful intepretation if you're making investment decisions.

Does this mean the best cure for expensive lumber is expensive lumber?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-11/lumber-prices-post-biggest-ever-weekly-drop-with-buyers-balking

Lumber Prices Post Biggest–Ever Weekly Drop With Buyers Balking

Lumber futures posted their biggest-ever weekly loss, extending a tumble from all-time highs reached last month as sawmills ramp up output and buyers hold off on purchases.

Prices in Chicago fell 18% this week, the biggest decline for most-active futures in records going back to 1986. Lumber has has now dropped almost 40% from the record high reached on May 10.

Sawmills appear to be catching up with the rampant homebuilding demand in North America that fueled a months-long rally, bringing some relief to a market beset by supply shortages and price surges. Buyers are balking at still historically elevated prices and awaiting additional supplies, setting off a cascading sell-off, analysts said.

JimmyTheBruce
3 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

From the article:

"China, which according to one report was responsible for 27% of the world's greenhouse gases in 2019 - the most of any country - is not part of the G7."

Maybe Sleepy Joe will send Hunter out there to persuade them...

53 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Mark Carney

he's just got a new job....funny how all these central banker cnuts get a juicy payoff from their 'paymasters'

Carney will join Brookfield Asset Management, which ranks as the world’s second-largest investor in climate-friendly businesses behind the US firm Blackstone with about $550bn in assets under management.

On 08/06/2021 at 13:09, sancho panza said:

Great Lyn Alden interview here.So much in it but at the 1hr mark she has a 'if Lyn was in charge' section where she talks about the difficult choices that will be faced and then says best solution is fiscal spending very much along lines @DurhamBorn has pushed from day one.,.

has some other sections on oil-supply issues building,loooks good for decade,market fragility issues etc.gold etc

So good,too much for me to go through in written form.

Eye watering isn't it?It's like the High St is buzzing with footfall and people are in bidding wars for office floor space in the city.

Just Bumped this just in case anyone missed it. As someone who doesn't find the Economics side of this thread easy to follow this is well worth a watch. Lyn Alden is her usual self; to the point and explains things as if the viewer doesn't have a BA in economics. This said, the interviewer here is really good as well, asking current/pertinent market questions and then letting Lyn give the answer rather than interspersing to show how 'clever' he is...well worth a watch....moved me forward in my understanding.

On 11/06/2021 at 12:00, VeryMeanReversion said:

I was listening to this last night, back-to-back 3 times.  Never done that for a podcast before.

The palisades shows usually are "blah, something interesting, blah, buy gold" but this was better.

Summary :

- Raw material inflation 41% last year in China

- China/Russia already preparing for the crash and will pick up assets it wants then. Reducing debt and dependency on the dollar. Getting digital currency ready. Large gold stocks.

- Inflation will offset the western attempts at monetary and fiscal stimulus

- Expect America to play dirty to try keep its hegonomic status, try limit/control China. 

- Imminent melt-up then sharp correction is weeks away. Bottom Q4 2020 then expect more stimulus.

- Dollar index initial bounce up but drop 50% by mid 2020's.

- Big global crash in 2023.  Two years to prepare yourselves.  Simply too much debt. Central banks will need to restructure. (= default)

- Copper price is now so high that aluminium and graphene becoming viable for bulk wiring applications (EVs and power distribution)

- Wouldn't comment on bitcoin (which means he thinks its useless but doesn't want to piss anyone off saying it - I've seen other guests use this approach).

Thanks for the summary, this meant that I only needed to view once as I had a structure to follow; normally I do two to three times par for the course as I dont always 'get'/understand the context of everything.

4 hours ago, geordie_lurch said:

Things like this realy piss me off then I’m like I’m 56 soon I will be dead before half of there plans will get going .

Chewing Grass

You gotta watch this piece, big 'investors' like Blackrock are snapping up whole neighbourhoods and turning them into rentals, house prices up 30% across the board over the last few months with 25% of all sales in Houston going to 'institutional' investors.

Lots of folks are going to be hurting bad when the market crashes again...

geordie_lurch
27 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

You gotta watch this piece, big 'investors' like Blackrock are snapping up whole neighbourhoods and turning them into rentals, house prices up 30% across the board over the last few months with 25% of all sales in Houston going to 'institutional' investors.

Lots of folks are going to be hurting bi when t
market crashes again...

"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy" :ph34r:

That's if you make it through the potential upcoming cull by vaccine

leonardratso

"Six electric charging posts have also been installed on the site as part of the transformation. The electricity for powering the office and for charging the vehicles is also from 100% renewable sources."

This is claimed by quite a few companies, but i never see any actual proof that this is true.

I can claim to be the nicest most generous person around, but you wont see any proof of thats solid. But i can say it anyways.

Not sure if any of you guys follow this lad

Adam trades daily and will probably satisfy you Chartists who like to do the same- but his chart work is developing similar gold, silver and S&P levels as Mr Hunter. 
He sounds pretty grounded and is open with his chart work- and his work over the past year has been pretty accurate.

M S E Refugee
32 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

"Six electric charging posts have also been installed on the site as part of the transformation. The electricity for powering the office and for charging the vehicles is also from 100% renewable sources."

This is claimed by quite a few companies, but i never see any actual proof that this is true.

I can claim to be the nicest most generous person around, but you wont see any proof of thats solid. But i can say it anyways.

We have just had our Car Park resurfaced last month and now they are going to rip some of it up to put these charging points in.xD

Archived