DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

BA are making the most of things

eek

On 17/07/2020 at 11:30, Ellandback said:

O.o

Screenshot_20200717-112920_Twitter.jpg

Mr Walsh gives himself a £500k raise and his staff a 48% pay cut.. 

What a piece of shit he is.. Hope they go bankrupt.. i will not be flying BA.. 

I’m enjoying the competitive salary guesswork on this thread. I reckon by the time we get to page 10, we’ll have irrefutable evidence that baggage handlers are on £150k and get to keep any significant drug seizures that are unclaimed after 30 days.

4 minutes ago, stoobs said:

I’m enjoying the competitive salary guesswork on this thread. I reckon by the time we get to page 10, we’ll have irrefutable evidence that baggage handlers are on £150k and get to keep any significant drug seizures that are unclaimed after 30 days.

Think from someone i know with overtime it can be around 45k to 50k for baggage  handlers.. I only know this as he posts how much tax he pays each year on facebook as it pisses him off..

leonardratso
38 minutes ago, macca said:

Think from someone i know with overtime it can be around 45k to 50k for baggage  handlers.. I only know this as he posts how much tax he pays each year on facebook as it pisses him off..

hehe, i know someone who used to show me their tax on the payslip covering the rest up, and also their pension payment, he didnt understand that i could work out his gross from what he was showing me. Dumb fex.

• 3 weeks later...

Some bizaar quotes on the BA.

One, why are the BBC making such a big fuss BA whilst theyve barely spent a second as 1000s of other jobs have been lost. Or even the reduction in peoples pay as the millions of EU migrants piled in.

I guess everyone else but BBC n BA dont have glamours jobs.

Anger rises as British Airways cuts start to bite

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53687338

"I'm looking at losing 50% of my take-home pay", says Vicky - a cabin crew member who works in BA's long-haul fleet.

"I'm a single mother. I can't afford to have half of my pay taken away from me".

Vicky - not her real name - is in her mid-thirties. She has been with the company for more than 15 years.

How is all that even possible? Single mum doing long haul flights? Mid 30s??

BA cabin crew: I won't earn enough to pay my mortgage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53192185

One crew member who doesn't want to be named told the BBC she will not be earning enough to pay her mortgage.

"I'm a 55 year old single parent, I've been in my house a year. My life has been built around the salary I have," she said.

Now weve a 55yo single mum. But only bought her house when she was 54.

The cuts are 20% of pay. Mortgage ruels wont allow you to pay more than 30% of income for mortgage.

Bullshit or fraud then.

49 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The cuts are 20% of pay. Mortgage ruels wont allow you to pay more than 30% of income for mortgage.

Bullshit or fraud then.

The situation is that they're sorting out extra payments for things like long-haul and night flights.  The ones on the old contracts will have very generous payments for layovers and night hours.  For the newer contracts there'll be some assumption of 'extra' written in, and lower payments when these are exceeded.

The '20%' will be an average reduction for the old contract staff.  Those that are doing lots of nights or long-hauls will lose more.

The problem is that these staff never regarded the pay as 'a good thing that'll not last -- so take advantage while you can'.  Instead they think of their pay as being deserved for some reason (even though they see their more recently employed colleagues and, well, pretty much everyone else in the industry on far less cash).

I've worked in places that have done this -- you take on all new staff on the new contract, and then 10 years down the line sort out the stragglers.  It actually has a side-benefit, in that many staff are completely useless but can't move on because the perks are just fantastically good (similar with pensions in some companies) -- so they just stay and moan because deep down they know there's no-one else that'll employ them on anything like the same money (see, local-government, teachers, etc).  Once you normalise their pay to 'everyone else' they can move on more easily, etc .

[I am a bit sympathetic, but not that much.]

Thousands of British Airways’ staff braced for job cuts

Airline pushes ahead with restructuring after more than 6,000 apply for voluntary redundancy

https://www.ft.com/content/46aab9ad-8429-436e-937d-2f6cfbed7b51

Comments:

Members of the Unite union should be asking their leaders why they repeatedly refused to meet with BA and instead spent money on a public campaign against the airline. They seem to have effectively given BA carte blanche to do as it wants.

Also note how in recent weeks Unite leader Len McCluskey has seemed far more concerned by Labour Party politics than the interests of its paying members.

The pilots union BALPA seems to have negotiated a better deal with BA to at least minimise compulsory redundancies of pilots through extended leave and external secondments etc.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Thousands of British Airways’ staff braced for job cuts

Airline pushes ahead with restructuring after more than 6,000 apply for voluntary redundancy

https://www.ft.com/content/46aab9ad-8429-436e-937d-2f6cfbed7b51

Comments:

Members of the Unite union should be asking their leaders why they repeatedly refused to meet with BA and instead spent money on a public campaign against the airline. They seem to have effectively given BA carte blanche to do as it wants.

Also note how in recent weeks Unite leader Len McCluskey has seemed far more concerned by Labour Party politics than the interests of its paying members.

The pilots union BALPA seems to have negotiated a better deal with BA to at least minimise compulsory redundancies of pilots through extended leave and external secondments etc.

I can answer that one - BA were going to implement things no matter what complaints were made. By doing a public campaign the union can at least pretend to have done something.

35 minutes ago, eek said:

I can answer that one - BA were going to implement things no matter what complaints were made. By doing a public campaign the union can at least pretend to have done something.

They were going to do something.

Rather than turn up and negotiate the cretins at Unite decided to do a press campaign.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

They were going to do something.

Rather than turn up and negotiate the cretins at Unite decided to do a press campaign.

What would negotiating do - look at what I posted back in May. Are the terms any different?

4 hours ago, eek said:

What would negotiating do - look at what I posted back in May. Are the terms any different?

It worked for Pilots.

Seriously. Unite fucked up n let their members down.Pound shop Scargills.

The Covid situation has tied the unions hands....if they are sensible they will `lose the battle` now by pretending to be supine, wait until things get back to near normal, and then `win the war` just as the profits become positive by negotiating better terms/threatening industrial action.

sancho panza
On 07/08/2020 at 21:44, spygirl said:

It worked for Pilots.

Seriously. Unite fucked up n let their members down.Pound shop Scargills.

I'm in Unite.They are shit.Had a meeting with managment tother week,and decided I'd be better off on my own than having their head surrender monkey watch my back.Won as well...................

The guys who are on the tools alongsdie us are pretty good on the whole,but as soon as they get ambtions of being len mclackeys right hand man they abandon the people who put them there.it was ever thus

11 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I'm in Unite.They are shit.Had a meeting with managment tother week,and decided I'd be better off on my own than having their head surrender monkey watch my back.Won as well...................

The guys who are on the tools alongsdie us are pretty good on the whole,but as soon as they get ambtions of being len mclackeys right hand man they abandon the people who put them there.it was ever thus

Because the Unions are not representing their members interests now.

Or rather a small very left wing cliques has took them over,.

Unions are worse than the public sector - even more stuffed with of useless daft left wingers.

You need to get a non left wing union in place. Not sure how you do that.

This isnt the case.

The now small steel union was pretty practical - eventually.

In Germany a theres a choice of unions, some of which are - I want to say right wing but thats wrong. Some unions who are not fully signed up with the arbitrary daft left wing causes - migrations and wank like that.

Archived