DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

39 minutes ago, feed said:

So we just had our pay rise offer confirmed.  

In the first year of the agreement the Company proposes to increase salaries, by 5.15% effective 1 November 2021
In the second year of the agreement the Company proposes to increase salaries, by RPI (with a 2% floor) effective 1 November 2022

Over the prior 5 years, it averaged to 2.5% a year. 

Seriously impressive! May I ask which sector?

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, JMD said:

Hmm, what if you were dumb enough to have bought 5kg 'coin bars' (ie used to mean no vat)... just asking for a friend you understand!

Well if silver went to $200 then your bar would be well north of $30000. Not so easy to sell probably and you can't split it up into different tax years for CGT. You'd take a big tax hit when you sold.

6 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

Seriously impressive! May I ask which sector?

Ford. 

With hourly and salaried, Ford of Britain and Ford credit (they'll get a similar amount) probably around 10,000 people will get that.    

That's UK only. Not sure what the Germans will get. 

5 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

What took the place of the Roman Empire?

Barbarism and chaos are always an option.

But I don't think chaos is what happened. The dark ages weren't so 'dark', mostly just an end to the 'classical era' and where culture stagnated for a while, meaning that there was not much for classical historians to wax lyrically over(!), and the power vacuum wasn't filled by vandals and visigoth types. Instead Europe eventually got King Charlemagne and he was pretty good... however his dynasty eventually split into France and Germany, and so it all went down hill from there!!         ... My hopeful point would be that maybe we too can similarly navigate what lies ahead - on the other hand massive economic reform in the West, plus the China problem/fallout, both happening over the next 20 years, are going to be epically 'interesting times'! 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/hochschild-shares-rebound-as-peru-scales-back-mine-closure-ambitions/ar-AAR8bo1?li=AAwnS0s&ocid=mailsignout

So there you go, we are not the only country that has an idiot as a PM!...OK, they have 'pulled back', but if you were big business thinking of major investment somewhere you wouldn't now consider the 'lose cannon' that is Peru.

Talking Monkey
6 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

Whilst this is undoubtedly true, if the West is fucked (and it is), what takes its place?

What if China is even more fucked

Talking Monkey
6 hours ago, Hancock said:

This issue with Armstrong is he is the biggest bullshitter out of all the bloggers, twitter people and is constantly wrong.

Chinas neighbour Kazakhstan has more than enough unused land to feed the Chinese. 

What's this computer he keeps banging on about. I might have it wrong but is he saying he's developed this computer program that he pumps data into and it gives him this forecast spiel, if so then he's mainly bullshitting. Looks like a fraudster to me, there'll be nuggets of plausible stuff but mostly bollocks. 

Talking Monkey
4 hours ago, Starsend said:

Just weigh it. Exactly 31.1 grams in a troy ounce. Can't believe if it's been hollowed out and filled with something else that it's going to weight exactly the same. Does Tungsten weight exactly the same as silver? Dunno.

Definitely less risky to buy smaller stuff though, far less likely to have been fucked with.

I've never bought physical, if I did I'd buy it from the royal mint website as I assume it wouldn't be dodgy. Are there any flaws or risks in my assumptions. 

6 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

I've never bought physical, if I did I'd buy it from the royal mint website as I assume it wouldn't be dodgy. Are there any flaws or risks in my assumptions. 

I would never buy from the Royal Mint on principle after their cynical "£20 face value" half ounce coins.  

"Oh but it's not circulating currency you see"

Much better companies out there.  I have only good things to say about coininvest and Bairds.

21 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

They do cheap hair transplants another dosbods curse sorted and even cheaper now xD

They don't look that good though, at least the guy I know did it in Turkey and looks not quite right. A bit like these hard standings for cars which have spaces between the bricks for grass.

20 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

What's this computer he keeps banging on about.

He claims to have built a super-intelligent AI, that can have an actual conversation, decades ago and using consumer(?) IT equipment. Elon musk is struggling with self-driving, and he is/was the world's richest man with his own space program FFS. What does Mr Armstrong use his world beating technology for? A subscription investment newsletter!

Talking Monkey
10 minutes ago, Loki said:

I would never buy from the Royal Mint on principle after their cynical "£20 face value" half ounce coins.  

"Oh but it's not circulating currency you see"

Much better companies out there.  I have only good things to say about coininvest and Bairds.

Cheers dude, I'll look at them

Talking Monkey
6 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

He claims to have built a super-intelligent AI, that can have an actual conversation, decades ago and using consumer(?) IT equipment. Elon musk is struggling with self-driving, and he is/was the world's richest man with his own space program FFS. What does Mr Armstrong use his world beating technology for? A subscription investment newsletter!

Exactly when you put it like that it's all utter bollocks, pure con. What he's putting out is spiel it's defo not something spat out by a super clever AI type computer.

didnt read amstrong for oh, maybe a couple of years now, its like weaning yourself off the DM or zero hedge - you dont actually miss anything by not reading them because its all regurgitated 3rd hand embellished bollocks by the time its on those sites. Clickbait bullshite.

25 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

16 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

Exactly when you put it like that it's all utter bollocks, pure con. What he's putting out is spiel it's defo not something spat out by a super clever AI type computer.

I'd assumed it was some sort of grand model, sounds like he reckons he made a semi-sentient computer with Pentiums.  Yeah it's bollocks.

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

They don't look that good though, at least the guy I know did it in Turkey and looks not quite right. A bit like these hard standings for cars which have spaces between the bricks for grass.

Did he get it years ago,they used to look like a brush then.Nowadays you can get superb ones called FUE.I guess it depends how much you need and how much you pay.Dosbods is well know to suffer from balding members,each five bucks up in Brent means more custom for hair clinics.

4 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Did he get it years ago,they used to look like a brush then.Nowadays you can get superb ones called FUE.I guess it depends how much you need and how much you pay.Dosbods is well know to suffer from balding members,each five bucks up in Brent means more custom for hair clinics.

You really do see those cross market opportunities, :)

5 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

but id true dosbods style a cheap ginger rug or even better a discarded mop head will do the trick and look just as good.

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
4 hours ago, sancho panza said:

....They're planning a Great reset but the Great Reset might jsut be the end of their time in power.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Axeman123 said:

What does Mr Armstrong use his world beating technology for? A subscription investment newsletter!

...and yet Armstrong's not it it for the moolah!xD

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrong-in-the-media/the-forecaster/the-revenge-of-martin-armstrong/

Didn't Armstrong claim the real reason he was banged-up was cos he wouldn't give the US alphabet agencies his SECRET CODE?!:ph34r:

Anyways, BEST financial advice/info is right on this board from the many contributors, the gold coming from the North East UK, and its PROFITABLE! :Beer:

I am testament to that profit, AND no subscription investment!:Jumping:

A large amount of banknotes are held in the UK to pay for things: the cash in our wallets; in shop tills; in banks and ATM machines. People also hoard cash as a form of savings. Large sums are also likely to be held overseas or for illegal uses: the so-called ‘shadow’ economy.

There are over 70 billion pounds worth of notes in circulation

That is roughly twice as much as a decade ago…

Or equivalent to around £1,000 per person.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/will-cash-die-out

The Bank of England are being very open . :)

Animal Spirits

Never mind all this talk of Armstrong, the only Nostradamus-esque figure I know of hails from the North East, lives on a coal seam and searches the supermarkets for yellow label food.

Archived