DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 4)

spunko

26 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Yes but takes about 2/3 minnutes if it’s doing a rotation every 5 seconds I put the cooker on .it slows it down then stops and will juder foward .obviously you need to move it around until you spot it slowing.then you will need to secure it with masking tape the box is plastic.I’m puting it up now and hiding it today was the only day I could get it delivered without it being spotted the x is at Manchester pride lol.

Cheers. I’m. Not. Gonna. Do. The. Same. Tomorrow. 

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spiney Norman said:

Make sure you have a plan to get rid of it quick if the meter reading bloke come a knockin'

My old man got caught fiddling the eletric meter back in 80's. Stupid bastard cut the lead seals on the meter and never said anything to the rest of the family. When the meter reader came round his 12 year old son (me) let him to read the meter. 30 minutes later I had the house full of coppers and my old man had a day in court.

Best of luck!

I normaly ignore the door and it’s not been read in 10 years I won’t even be useing it for a few months .it’s just interesting to know obviously if the kids go home to mum it’s going straight on

1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Tim is worried, Vicky is getting the lot anyway.

harhar.jpg

True. However the Vickys of this world will be utterly screwed trying to navigate what's coming on their own. Expect more whining on mumsnet!

1 hour ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

They always look like that.

Weak semi spastic cucked freaks of men.

Won't be happy until we're eating factory farmed bugs, fed on human sewerage, washed down with treated effluent and at the other end we'll be wiping our arses with non bleached recycled loo paper too, cycle complete, all bases covered. 

2 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Won't be happy until we're eating factory farmed bugs, fed on human sewerage, washed down with treated effluent and at the other end we'll be wiping our arses with non bleached recycled loo paper too, cycle complete, all bases covered. 

Spoons night out then

Women will be complaining (more than usual) a lot . :)

Hairdressers putting up costs and/or closing down .

All those hairdryers , heated tongs and other assorted electric gadgets that totally bewilder any decent man .

27 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I normaly ignore the door and it’s not been read in 10 years I won’t even be useing it for a few months .it’s just interesting to know obviously if the kids go home to mum it’s going straight on

I'm the same. Don't answer the door to anyone. Also, no direct debits for anything. No smart meter and I send them a reading when it suits me. I pay bills by cheque and do shopping with cash. Call me mad, but I think this kind of stubborn, Luddite attitude versus the prevalent sheep-like pursuit of convenience is the way to go and what is needed, especially now.

I won't be messing with any magnets, and all the little wire seals are in good order, but a rather nice feature of my electric meter is the old Venner time switch, installed in May 1972 according to the label, which just happens to run slightly slow and loses a couple of minutes each year. The Economy 7 12:30 to 7:30 setup is actually now 3:40 to 10:40, which we like very much! 

Lightly Toasted
1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

A low usage subsidy? Hows does that work for somebody with half a dozen AirBnB's empty in winter, do they rake it in?

What about linking it to property because supporting property prices is largely why we are where we are. Low rates, low sterling = higher energy costs.

Not a penny for anyone mortgage free

Not a penny for anyone with more than one property

A loan in exchange for some of their equity for any other homeowner

Renters, the landlord pays the utility bills if they own more than one rental

Renters other, could be linked to income/rent...

It'd need to be looked at in detail to avoid scams involving an owner of multiple properties etc.

As I said, it would be complex which is why I thought a direct bung more likely until Truss appeared to rule it out.

For example, what about people on all electricity? Would they get a higher unit allocation than those with gas as well? What about people with oil or LPG or biomass?

I doubt it would be means-tested in any way. If it were, it'd be for the "vulnerable" with all the perverse incentives that brings.

Lightly Toasted
33 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Has this one been up yet?! Fucking hell, my work here is done. Thanks Juliet, well done. You are spot on.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/26/how-governments-cult-net-zero-wrecked-energy-market/

Sorry can't get quote function working but everyone should read this and send it to as many of their friends and family as they can. She's sat down and talked to industry contacts, this is exactly what happened, and is happening now.

Screenshot_20220828-210929.thumb.png.a54efac8cfda703e1054ca00a8ee6738.png

Screenshot_20220828-211330.thumb.png.e13a307251c1942485cee5998f3b1e52.png

Screenshot_20220828-211336.thumb.png.06008838a4cfd188b75f7a469399fc15.png

Screenshot_20220828-212446.thumb.png.c6afb7a8d3365629ec1489448d560c30.png

Screenshot_20220828-212451.thumb.png.656c6d05e38edc69b3eee8f789359d15.png

Screenshot_20220828-212455.thumb.png.724f7f2a0e28997035c13f942039eb5a.png

Screenshot_20220828-212459.thumb.png.3ead6fc39712bca5848d4d4709d67e9b.png

“We need you!” say the politicians. The producers scratch their heads as they mull $20 billion, 20-year investments, and wonder whether, when the war is over and the green bandwagon rolls back into town, the politicians will still sound so sweet on them. “Your green targets still say we need to shut down by 2030,” they point out. To which Europe says: “Well, of course. Fossil fuels are evil!”

xD

Bus Stop Boxer
1 hour ago, Froggy2000 said:

True. However the Vickys of this world will be utterly screwed trying to navigate what's coming on their own. Expect more whining on mumsnet!

YANBU.

Noallegiance
3 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Another one bites the dust.

Austrian government is going to have to bail them out.

I laughed out loud at the article explaining how Switzerland were looking at reversing the cessation of nuclear plants brought about by their response to the Fukushima disaster.

Nobody in Switzerland thought to point out that tsunami risk in Switzerland was fairly low.

38 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

I'm the same. Don't answer the door to anyone. Also, no direct debits for anything. No smart meter and I send them a reading when it suits me. I pay bills by cheque and do shopping with cash. Call me mad, but I think this kind of stubborn, Luddite attitude versus the prevalent sheep-like pursuit of convenience is the way to go and what is needed, especially now.

I won't be messing with any magnets, and all the little wire seals are in good order, but a rather nice feature of my electric meter is the old Venner time switch, installed in May 1972 according to the label, which just happens to run slightly slow and loses a couple of minutes each year. The Economy 7 12:30 to 7:30 setup is actually now 3:40 to 10:40, which we like very much! 

I won’t be tempted to do anything until there’s only me here I surpose I could just get a portable gas heater for show only.but the most logical thing to do would be use oil fired radiators for 3 weeks then the last 7/8 days run things normaly it looks like you’ve cut back a lot .obviously you would do this straight after a reading so if you do get a visit you’ve used some or simply 2 days off one on.

Chewing Grass
7 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Another one bites the dust 

Perhaps the Germans should take over running Austria, it made sense the last time there was a depression.

Bus Stop Boxer
7 hours ago, Pip321 said:

The comments are even worse. Media does my head in and the readers more so.

More generally the papers, media and BBC are plastered with news on energy and inflation. The cry for government help and workers (and yes, those benefit claimants too) needing more pay/money has not been so loud and consistent in years. Even Sir Saint Martin Lewis OBE is shouting from the roof tops and Save the Children getting involved.

Yet no one seems to be asking the obvious question why did the West turn what was a ‘terrible humanitarian physical crisis in Ukraine’ (happy to stick with a decent western narrative on that) into an economic war with the Russians who have all the gas and oil. And then start moaning about energy prices and inflation. 

It’s like telling the dinner lady she’s a fat ugly cow then complaining you are hungry 20 minutes later. 

It is hugely frustrating. The narrative is Putin is using energy as a weapon…yeah, no shit, you froze his assets and knicked some yachts, what did you think was going to happen? He’s not a great friend so I doubt he would make a great enemy. 

I believe now the only solution is for Germany to pick up the phone quietly, apologise to the Ruskies and agree to stop sanctions (apart from the odd political type stuff that doesn’t mean anything economically). Obviously they will also agree with Russia to continue to publicly condemn them for the invasion.

Otherwise I just think the UK and EU are being massively weakened so the US can strengthen its position in Europe and Russia/China can strengthen their positions too.

And yet the best we can muster is strikes, protests, awful narratives and all in the wrong direction.

And try put that in one of the BBC comments and you are a Putin loving communist.

I honestly think the EU needs to ‘pivot’ or it is bollocked. 

I used to tech live conferences and events for a living.

I had a regular number with the Institute of Petroleum for a few years. Conference organiser was called Marta and was as Ruskie as Ruskie could be. I had a proper stand up falling out with her in the end but thats by the by.xD

I remember doing a job for them in Southampton and another in Brighton. "The Russians" were treated like royalty.

Even if only 3 or 4 Ruskies were showing up, translation booths were installed, and every comfort extended.

This is 2001/2 sort of epoch.

The idea that western head bods wouldnt have known what would happen if they got tasty with Russia is not sustainable.

This is all deliberate.

Where Vlad personally fits in, i'm not sure.

sleepwello'nights
2 hours ago, Cawn said:

https://onlinemagnets.co.uk/

Beast Xtreme™ Recovery Clamp 1400KG / 3086LB Fishing Magnet
180mm x 60mm Fishing Magnet | 1400kg Combined Pull | Most Powerful Fishing Magnet
Rating:
100%
£209.95

How do you catch a fish with a magnet?

Is it because there so is much heavy metals they've ingested

40 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

I used to tech live conferences and events for a living.

I had a regular number with the Institute of Petroleum for a few years. Conference organiser was called Marta and was as Ruskie as Ruskie could be. I had a proper stand up falling out with her in the end but thats by the by.xD

I remember doing a job for them in Southampton and another in Brighton. "The Russians" were treated like royalty.

Even if only 3 or 4 Ruskies were showing up, translation booths were installed, and every comfort extended.

This is 2001/2 sort of epoch.

The idea that western head bods wouldnt have known what would happen if they got tasty with Russia is not sustainable.

This is all deliberate.

Where Vlad personally fits in, i'm not sure.

It does all seem very strange. Europe holding about 500 million people being brow beaten into going green whilst about 6 billion Chinese,  Indians, Africans and Latinos get to pollute the fuck out of the rest of the planet. Almost like there is something else going on.

1 hour ago, Cattle Prod said:

I got 4 more empties over the last couple of days, how many do you have? Rule of thumb I'm working with is 1kg butane = 4 hrs in a 3000w generator, so 1kg a day is plenty. I have 90kg capacity now.

Saw this earlier, I believe I used those exact words in the headline the other day when talking about Greta's yacht. Spooky....Good to see it out there though, I'm loving the 180 turn narrative on lockdowns at the moment. I can smell the fear, it's delicious. Best have the lamposts all cut down you twats.

Screenshot_20220828-205202.thumb.png.25b0eaff78b58275f8407fd4d607f206.png

I think iv got 12 of the 15kg ones,but only 5 have gas in at the moment,im fixed so for this year my bills will be £110 a month so they are just for emergency this year,but want them all full for next year.The fires are hard to get hold of now,iv got 3 of those.Iv noticed the bottles getting harder to bet now.My daughter has the big propane ones on her caravan,they are even cheaper to run.Iv also got a 7kg butane for camping,but wont use that in the house it costs the same to re-fill as the 15kg ones.How you got the generator?,im not bothered about electric i can cook etc with the gas and iv got lots of wind up lights etc and jump start power banks for mobiles.

3 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

How do you catch a fish with a magnet?

Is it because there so is much heavy metals they've ingested

You attach it to a fishing rod and then go searching for “treasure” down the local canal.

48 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

A bit woke but 80% of this quite good

Zero mention of immigration and benefits, sounds like a lefty think tank trying to sound cool, it's a fuck off from me.

Archived