DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 4)

spunko

ThoughtCriminal
38 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Screenshot_20220828-163241_Twitter.jpg

Was about to post that. 

The replies are highly instructive. Lots of Germans detailing energy bills that are absolutely jaw dropping.

And we think we're fucked.

• Replies 16.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lightly Toasted
1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

The energy price cap is a price control so how is capping a cap to 2.5k not a price control?

The governbankment has got to fund it "somehow", in other words keep the pretence going that we can afford to do what we can't really afford to do? More free money for everybody? To keep people like those earlier in the thread in their 852k mortgaged house that they can't really afford?

If my pounds are going to be devalued again to bailout people like that, where can I sign for the systematic collapse option? I'll probably be a big loser but if I'm going to be a big loser anyway, I might as well take my chances. 

There are approaches other than price caps or simple bungs.

We've previously discussed the possibility of low usage being subsidised while high usage pays more (potentially providing a full cross-subsidy to low users). Low users stay warm; high users are incentivised to cut usage = demand destruction.

Since the subject of VAT has come up, we could look at a negative VAT rate on energy*, offset by consumption/import-taming VAT rises elsewhere. Bring back a luxury VAT rate, as we had in the past. Help UK business with cheaper energy, paid for by squeezing [particularly luxury] consumption much of which will be imports or part of the froth economy that needs to be corrected anyway.

* negative VAT will seem like an odd idea but why not? We already do negative interest rates and negative tax rates.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Not many will want the shovel with the choice being bennies.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Our engineers are arriving everyday so no worries there.

I completely agree, but the choice needs to be if your fit healthy and of working age But without skills then its Labouring/physical work.

If your not physically and mentally fit and also without skills then its bench work, basic assembly finishing and fettle-ing, 

Thats how it used to be in engineering, rooms of people doing their bit and joining in - its also a cure for recent 'illnesses' like ADHD that was hardly heard of until sit at home watchin telly bennies came to be.

Yes I have met some of these new arrivals - I'm not impressed and neither are acquaintances who Have had to take these on because the Government quota says , to be fair theres apparent knowledge shown but a lot are freeloaders who easily play the race card and are out for what they can get; lock-downs and WFH has made this worse.

sleepwello'nights
On 27/08/2022 at 09:57, DoINeedOne said:

most of his neighbours are giving up and doing a government scheme AB15

https://www.gov.uk/countryside-stewardship-grants/two-year-sown-legume-fallow-ab15

Your paid £569 per year according to the video per hectare for 2 years

Some of his neighbours doing this have 250 acres

250 acres = 101 hectares 

101 * £569 = £57,469 

And no need to drill, plant, water, harvest. Takes away the worry of a poor crop due to poor weather conditions and the need to pay someone to do the work. 

Now where can I buy a few thousand acres?

M S E Refugee

US mass shootings drive Ozzy Osbourne home to England https://www.rt.com/pop-culture/561690-ozzy-osbourne-mass-shootings/

Ozzy Osbourne is leaving California due high taxes, the start of the article says it's mass shootings are the reason for him leaving but at the end of the piece it says about high taxes in California.

What a disingenuous cunt!

6 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

I completely agree, but the choice needs to be if your fit healthy and of working age But without skills then its Labouring/physical work.

If your not physically and mentally fit and also without skills then its bench work, basic assembly finishing and fettle-ing, 

Thats how it used to be in engineering, rooms of people doing their bit and joining in - its also a cure for recent 'illnesses' like ADHD that was hardly heard of until sit at home watchin telly bennies came to be.

Yes I have met some of these new arrivals - I'm not impressed and neither are acquaintances who Have had to take these on because the Government quota says , to be fair theres apparent knowledge shown but a lot are freeloaders who easily play the race card and out for what they can get; lock-downs and WFH has made this worse.

It will never, until it has too, I hope it doesn't tbf, go back to the days of the mill owners token paid to the mill worker to be spent at the mill owners shop, as well as paying the mill owner the rent for the mill owners house.... maybe its like that now. WFH is for the academic/public sector and even benefit claimants ( they term it getting paid, not benefit payments) but the meanial mundaine tasks with low wages/reward have been driven from these shores many moons ago, not likely to return imo, unless of course, we go into depression, which many on here think, and I tend to agree with them. Even then, how does that end? War ? As for our new burdens, well what has not already been said. 

1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

US mass shootings drive Ozzy Osbourne home to England https://www.rt.com/pop-culture/561690-ozzy-osbourne-mass-shootings/

Ozzy Osbourne is leaving California due high taxes, the start of the article says it's mass shootings are the reason for him leaving but at the end of the piece it says about high taxes in California.

I'm not sure I believe Ozzy is capable of making any of his own decisions given his history.

He wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer to begin with and it's all been downhill for a long time.

4 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

He needs the glorious NHS.

7 minutes ago, M S E Refugee said:

Free care has well

And my precious has arrived it’s a thing of simple Beauty but not has magnety has I wished I now need an empty house to experiment more.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Sharrons well happy now. Doesn't have to wipe his arse.

They used to live outside of uttoxeter on the Stafford rd to er Stafford huge fuck off place

29 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

There are approaches other than price caps or simple bungs.

We've previously discussed the possibility of low usage being subsidised while high usage pays more (potentially providing a full cross-subsidy to low users). Low users stay warm; high users are incentivised to cut usage = demand destruction.

Since the subject of VAT has come up, we could look at a negative VAT rate on energy*, offset by consumption/import-taming VAT rises elsewhere. Bring back a luxury VAT rate, as we had in the past. Help UK business with cheaper energy, paid for by squeezing [particularly luxury] consumption much of which will be imports or part of the froth economy that needs to be corrected anyway.

* negative VAT will seem like an odd idea but why not? We already do negative interest rates and negative tax rates.

BBC is reporting that Truss has ruled out any further direct support on energy prices. If that's the case she may as well not bother moving to No10, she won't be in office long enough to even unpack.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

It will never, until it has too, I hope it doesn't tbf, go back to the days of the mill owners token paid to the mill worker to be spent at the mill owners shop, as well as paying the mill owner the rent for the mill owners house.... maybe its like that now. WFH is for the academic/public sector and even benefit claimants ( they term it getting paid, not benefit payments) but the meanial mundaine tasks with low wages/reward have been driven from these shores many moons ago, not likely to return imo, unless of course, we go into depression, which many on here think, and I tend to agree with them. Even then, how does that end? War ? As for our new burdens, well what has not already been said. 

I think it will have to, if the financial world is going back to more like the seventies or further back to a previous inflation cycle then there's no choice, if making things is coming back to these shores they'll be plenty to do for everybody whatever the skill level- this was DB's central theme of this thread; energy dependant of course that needs quickly sorting or else it cant take place and its collapse I'm afraid.

From memory there are more wars during these times of tremendous upheaval and change.

Exciting and scary times.

M S E Refugee

My Dad's climate change believing Partner seems to be unconcerned about the gravity of the situation, she still believes Windmills powered by Unicorn farts will save the day.

Another cult member who becomes irritated by facts.

15 minutes ago, marceau said:

BBC is reporting that Truss has ruled out any further direct support on energy prices. If that's the case she may as well not bother moving to No10, she won't be in office long enough to even unpack.

The scale of unrest/riots will be unprecedented. Presumably they have some plan for how to deal with millions of angry people rampaging around London waving their £5,000 heating bills?

49 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Was about to post that. 

The replies are highly instructive. Lots of Germans detailing energy bills that are absolutely jaw dropping.

And we think we're fucked.

Those figures are only correct if people keep consuming at the same level. They wont. They will sit in the dark being cold as no one but a very few can afford that

27 minutes ago, marceau said:

Thats right,and Tories wont exist as a party.Polos created this,if they think they can allow workers on £25k and no bennies to pay £7k just on energy they are in for a huge shock.Truss is right to remove the green levies,but she needs to accept she is going to have to find a way to keep the costs at £2.5k for everyone.If shes doesnt Labour will win a landslide,and i suspect Tory backbenchers would help bring her down before she starts.Talk of 5% VAT cuts is lunacy in this situation.

Il continue to buy more butane bottles,family are all fixed until at least next July,my dad and daughter until a year in May,two winters covered.We will of collapsed by then if they dont get hold of this.Im very pleased its as bad as it is because it will blow away all the woke crap.Putin has already won,they need to accept that fact quickly.

Archived