DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Is this dickhead going to blow up?

Boglet

8 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I think he is from moeny.That garage has been a goldmine in the past from what I hear.

Yup, plenty of millionaire garage owners out there. Soon as he starts getting a little push back on how he could afford a massive unit to work out of and £100k's worth of tools he pumps out a rags to riches video for all his gullible young subscribers. 

18 hours ago, sancho panza said:

Is there much moeny in these Cat S/N rebuilds on luxury cars AW?

There is, with bumper profits if you can get the marker removed with some export/import shenanigans.

Big investment up front in terms of tooling though, and cat cars of this type don't tend to fly off the shelves - the market is tiny.

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

Yup, plenty of millionaire garage owners out there. Soon as he starts getting a little push back on how he could afford a massive unit to work out of and £100k's worth of tools he pumps out a rags to riches video for all his gullible young subscribers. 

Yeah putting it all together there was some start up capital I'd have thought.To be fair,hsi TV offering is probably making more than his Dad now.

In terms of context here's some viewing figures for MSM. @Ash4781b it really puts things in perpspecitve when a lad from leicester is pulling those viewing figures with an iPhone and his Mrs doing the camerawork.

AS ever,the BBC really need to look at why they're imprisoning people to pay for the tripe they serve up.They really are a disgrace and a millsotne around the necks of poor people all over the UK

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3475840/Panic-forces-Gear-budget-BBC-lavishing-extra-200-000-episode-bosses-fear-fail.html

image.png.46d87bd2a7c311d3a722a78e636024e2.png

https://www.thinkbox.tv/research/barb-data/top-programmes-report/

image.thumb.png.51c3922b23291136fdd3661350d056cb.png

image.thumb.png.c4192cbd3620dbc8fdf6aafba4a7a615.png

image.thumb.png.8d6bd2c7f01c29a85e01972027526c2c.png

credit where credit is due,he's done immensely well in terms of his media offering.The videos are really well delviered and put together.I watched one and it was pacy and interesting.

3 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

credit where credit is due,he's done immensely well in terms of his media offering.The videos are really well delviered and put together.I watched one and it was pacy and interesting.

Editing those videos would be a time consuming ball ache, practically a full time job so definitely outsourced to a pro at a hefty price per video. The capital he needed to get started would be sizeable, just soundproofing that massive unit he works out of would have cost a arm and a leg. Daddy's probably banked rolled him to the tune of half a mill plus. Behind the scenes it'll be quite a serious set up more like a TV show. The time he spends with an actual spanner in his hand I reckon is minimal. 

There's definitely people on YT who've got their success off their own back from hard graft. He is 100% not one of them.

1 hour ago, AWW said:

There is, with bumper profits if you can get the marker removed with some export/import shenanigans.

Big investment up front in terms of tooling though, and cat cars of this type don't tend to fly off the shelves - the market is tiny.

I was tempted for my latest vehicle adventure-a Hyundai Tucson -after @ThoughtCriminal sowed the seed but in the end I got my mechanic to go to a dealer he knows and he got me a better deal all in than I could get the Cat S/N for on autotrader(done up obviously). TC had told me the mid market was dead and he wasn't wrong.Dealer was very quiet whwne I chatted to him.I probably paid what the dealer got it at auction for a few months back mechanic reckons.The car had leaves and dust from the trees it had been sat there that long

Miss my Saab like you wouldn't believe @Don Coglione. It had 200k on the clock.Still running beautifully after I had the DPF sorted. Once 15 year old Junior Panza had wanted to earn some moeny, so he cleaned it for me-with a scouring pad-bless him.Scratches all down one side till the Mrs noticed and stopped him.Mechanic got rid of msot of the worst of it.What a car.

4 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

a better deal all in than I could get the Cat S/N for on autotrader(done up obviously)

Yep, no money in the low to mid market on doing up cat cars... properly. Plenty out there making cash from bodging them though.

We've an old Golf estate with getting on for 150k miles on it, which we've had since it was 4 years old. Getting rid of it soon as we're going from 2 to 4 kids. If it wasn't for that, I'd have kept it until it died. It's a dieselgate car, so before the interior quality went to sh*t, and apart from the panoramic roof drains getting blocked up occasionally, has been good as gold.

The used car market is crap at the moment; silly money being asked for absolute sheds. I've got until March to buy something, think it's worth waiting, although Mrs AWW is getting twitchy. It actually makes more sense to buy new at the moment, which I'd never normally do, problem is the lead times are all 12+ months, which will be too late for us. Bloody kids!

5 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Editing those videos would be a time consuming ball ache, practically a full time job so definitely outsourced to a pro at a hefty price per video. The capital he needed to get started would be sizeable, just soundproofing that massive unit he works out of would have cost a arm and a leg. Daddy's probably banked rolled him to the tune of half a mill plus. Behind the scenes it'll be quite a serious set up more like a TV show. The time he spends with an actual spanner in his hand I reckon is minimal. 

There's definitely people on YT who've got their success off their own back from hard graft. He is 100% not one of them.

From google looks like $2000-$6000 for 1 million views on google but I'd presume if he ahs a loyal following that clicks on links,it may be higher.

Then add on sponsors,plus he may well be making some serious moeny doing the cars if TC is right.Top end of the car market is still vibrant from what @ThoughtCriminal saying,bottom end too,middle dead.He could be making £10k-£20k per car possibly.

Whilst he may have had some start up captial,his top shows are rivalling the MSM and probably at a fraction of the cost.Dress it up how you like,int erms of the car stuff,he's  a switched on cookie in terms of potential bottom line profit..The BTL's is a separate issue

2 minutes ago, AWW said:

Yep, no money in the low to mid market on doing up cat cars... properly. Plenty out there making cash from bodging them though.

We've an old Golf estate with getting on for 150k miles on it, which we've had since it was 4 years old. Getting rid of it soon as we're going from 2 to 4 kids. If it wasn't for that, I'd have kept it until it died. It's a dieselgate car, so before the interior quality went to sh*t, and apart from the panoramic roof drains getting blocked up occasionally, has been good as gold.

The used car market is crap at the moment; silly money being asked for absolute sheds. I've got until March to buy something, think it's worth waiting, although Mrs AWW is getting twitchy. It actually makes more sense to buy new at the moment, which I'd never normally do, problem is the lead times are all 12+ months, which will be too late for us. Bloody kids!

Congratulations AW on the new arrivals.My word you'll be busy.Littlest Panza is 18 motnhs now and I'm knackered.Screams all night bless him and then wakes at 0600.

We jsut changed her Sorrento over as we've 4 kids and the space was great.She loved that car.I paid £20k for it in a flat market in 2018 at 2.5 years old.Just traded it in via a kia dealer for £14k -a 15 plate ffs.Speaking to the dealers their lead times were 12 months on new sorrentos I think due to chip shortages as they're all petrol/electric types.They were saying very few Sorrento's on the second hand market.People are hanging onto them due to what you're saying.

Mrs P got a Sportage which she likes and at my favourtie point on the depreciation curve which is 3/4 years.

I was going to wait for more recession news but worried that with the mid market drying up,there might not be much stock available

MAte at work who used to design land rovers before he was a paramedic but me off buying one of them and said instead to focus on Japanese/Korean makers as that's what he'd do with hsi moeny.I've heard Range Rovers are unreliable from a mate who had one,said it spent more time in the garage than being driven.

2 hours ago, gibbon said:

Yup, plenty of millionaire garage owners out there.

A mate of mine asked me one day if I wouldnt mind helping him out with his kart as he was racing on boxing day and couldnt get anyone else to help (sad single bloke here!).
I said sure and met him at the track on the morning. Local track to NI, I was thinking fucking portacabin on a windswept hill with fuck all to eat or drink all day. I was right.
Where I wasnt right was in the paddock. Row upon row of 250 grand motorhomes (the big feckers with slide out sides), back when 250 grand motorhomes were a big thing. Even the cheapest competitor had something a couple of years old with a garage bit at the back.
There were official teams with tents and mechanics areas I hadnt seen the like of since going to a few road races or the circuit of Ireland rally. This was for 10 year olds and up ffs! My mate was racing superkarts and they were the poor relations.

There were a lot of white helmets about the place and my mate said they were probably all christmas presents so come back in a few weeks when they had all had their airbrushing and designs done. He wasnt wrong.

Got chatting to one of the older dads there, decent fella, had spent a fucking fortune on his kids setup and he brought me into the motorhome where the missus was making lunch for their tea. He gave me his business card and his name started with 'Sir'. Different world and driving past on the main road you would think it either didnt exist or was just some 50 quid a session hired kart thing.

Im still in touch with some of the dads/kids from those days. A few have raced in the european Le Mans, one or two have been in Formula Nippon, one was supposed to get a seat in Jordan F1 but Eddie was a dick about it and some english gobshite outbid them and the usual run of various other types of motorsport.

Archived