DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Real or Nominal. How will the HPC manifest?

Formerly

12 minutes ago, Stuey said:

But I thought you liked fish n chip's?

img_2412-1.jpg

A keto nightmare, that would make me ill for a week, cannot imagine anyone with a commitment to "good health" eating shit like that.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

A keto nightmare, that would make me ill for a week, cannot imagine anyone with a commitment to "good health" eating shit like that.

Your right some idiot put gravy on it

Bobthebuilder
54 minutes ago, Stuey said:

But I thought you liked fish n chip's?

img_2412-1.jpg

Chips and gravy is the food of gods, not sure about fish with it, maybe a jumbo sausage.

Democorruptcy
3 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Chips and gravy is the food of gods, not sure about fish with it, maybe a jumbo sausage.

That plate needs some Yorkshire caviar.

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, One percent said:

I was born and brought up here, I know what the pitfalls are. Those moving in have only normally experienced it as a holiday maker. Completely different to living here permanently 

I didn't know you were born there. I assumed you were an incomer and gentrified the area. Must be because you had relations up from darn sarth. 

Just now, Bobthebuilder said:

Pureed petits pois?

Mushy peas lad.

8 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I didn't know you were born there. I assumed you were an incomer and gentrified the area. Must be because you had relations up from darn sarth. 

Mushy peas lad.

Yep, born and bred. It’s why i get so angry of the way in which things have changed.  

Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yep, born and bred. It’s why i get so angry of the way in which things have changed.  

Yes you do seem very angry about a lot of things, try keep your blood pressure down a bit. What's the Scarborough and surrounds like these days? I sometimes think about a return to Yorkshire though North not West this time. There's a house over that way, that I thought looked OK.

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Yes you do seem very angry about a lot of things, try keep your blood pressure down a bit. What's the Scarborough and surrounds like these days? I sometimes think about a return to Yorkshire though North not West this time. There's a house over that way, that I thought looked OK.

Scabby has become an absolute shithole. The high is full of rundown and empty shops. It’s infested with alcoholic EEs.  The surrounding villages are still nice but I’m guessing that white flight will have had a detrimental impact there too. 
the council is beyond corrupt.  

4 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Didn’t realise that you were YORKSHIRE. You are not a wessie are you?   

Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Scabby has become an absolute shithole. The high is full of rundown and empty shops. It’s infested with alcoholic EEs.  The surrounding villages are still nice but I’m guessing that white flight will have had a detrimental impact there too. 

Awa born in Bradford lass.

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Awa born in Bradford lass.

I guess we could allow you as a blow-in.   Our mayor is from Bradford. Thick as mince and universally disliked.  

Been interesting to see the slight change in sentiment on places like DailyMail comments section.

"I'll never sell it cheap, even if prices do crash, the seller sets the price innit"

Proper certifiable bonkers stuff, or the slightly more sane but still obviously false:

"Prices won't go down coz der's loads of people flooding in from bongo bongo land pushing up demand"

You don't see those arguments  as much now that reality is setting in. Instead, increasingly it seems to be:

"Prices will only go down... a bit"

"Interest rates won't stay this high forever"

Talk about wishful thinking.

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

Have you considered moving to the Lincolnshire Wolds? Not that pricey.

Increasingly an AONB looks like the only sane place to live, where it is difficult if not impossible to build slavebox estates.

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

Been interesting to see the slight change in sentiment on places like DailyMail comments section.

"I'll never sell it cheap, even if prices do crash, the seller sets the price innit"

Proper certifiable bonkers stuff, or the slightly more sane but still obviously false:

"Prices won't go down coz der's loads of people flooding in from bongo bongo land pushing up demand"

You don't see those arguments  as much now that reality is setting in. Instead, increasingly it seems to be:

"Prices will only go down... a bit"

Talk about wishful thinking.

Bring it on, I might buy a second.

Prices won't drop here anyway. They are cheap already and we have the whole Teesworks and Freeport stuff going on. 

Happy times and Win Win. 

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

Increasingly an AONB looks like the only sane place to live, where it is difficult if not impossible to build slavebox estates.

I'd suggest Workington or Barrow.

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

I thought it was full of EE?  

1 minute ago, Stuey said:

It's a nice area, nice people 

Ah so you mean you'd trade up to a better house, that makes sense.

I was wondering what the point of owning two houses at the same time in the same area was.

Bobthebuilder
14 minutes ago, spunko said:

I got a letter from my bank today. The SVR on my small offset mortgage is now 6.5%.

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Ah so you mean you'd trade up to a better house, that makes sense.

I was wondering what the point of owning two houses at the same time in the same area was.

Variety.

Its not like your £250k is going anywhere but 

download (79).jpeg

Bobthebuilder
2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

OK, so the plan is to buy two houses in the same area and you live in both of them yourself.

Fair do.

Not a very tax efficient way to do things, and no yield unless you rent one out.

1 minute ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Not a very tax efficient way to do things, and no yield unless you rent one out.

Return of the capital rather than return on it.

I don't know how @JoeDavola will feel when the bail-in occurs given all the warnings. 

2 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I suspect he just wants to tell people he owns two houses, given it seems he's not even renting one out.

6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I suspect he just wants to tell people he owns two houses, given it seems he's not even renting one out.

Oops. Sounds a bit like musical chairs to me. 

Archived