DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come.

DurhamBorn

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

In a rather ominous move, Apple no longer going to issue unit sales data :ph34r:

yes, got to hide that failure for as long as possible, keep them suckers in the dark while we make off like bandits into the night.

7 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Well I have 1200 quid I won’t need this month so do I save it make a capitol overpayment or start to buy defensive shares em

Personally,and it's dyor,I'  buy some vod and cna

31 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Personally,and it's dyor,I'  buy some vod and cna

or we could have some fun and pretend to buy shares and see who wins in 12 months,that way we can all enter and no one looses a penny because i will give the winner 50 quid,some of you richer guys could match me and we could make it more interesting.what say you.i can foward the cash to someone we all trust and winner takes all.

Westfield boss moves back to Australia. Prehaps he doesn’t want to be at the helm when the £1.4bn Croydon development starts in 2019 when retail is toast.

https://www.building.co.uk/news/westfields-uk-development-boss-moves-to-lendlease/5096325.article

but don't worry the tax payer will foot the bill instead if not.

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/16413027.council-says-it-is-committed-to-development-even-if-westfield-plans-fall-through/?ref=rss

7 hours ago, Barnsey said:

In a rather ominous move, Apple no longer going to issue unit sales data :ph34r:

Possibly because the numbers are gonna be too massive for human brain to comprehend.

19 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Possibly because the numbers are gonna be too massive for human brain to comprehend.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/when-the-going-gets-tough-apple-hides-its-numbers-2018-11-01

I particularly like this comment:

This story: "Our objective is to make great products and service that enrich people's lives" ---- That's actually a great reason for not reporting unit sales, if now instead, they start reporting an "enrichment index" - on how much they have improved their customer's lives after the customer bought an Apple product or service. If this idea catches on, governments might start reporting "Life enrichment" statistics instead of GDP numbers.

11 hours ago, AWW said:

If the people of any continent have learned to distrust power and authority, surely it's the people of Africa? Their governments are corrupt from top to bottom.

Problem is they haven't, as loyalty (and hence vote) is based on tribal affiliation...very much like the Labour voter (or Tory) who always votes Labour as that's what his/her family do.

or we could have some fun and pretend to buy shares and see who wins in 12 months,that way we can all enter and no one looses a penny because i will give the winner 50 quid,some of you richer guys could match me and we could make it more interesting.what say you.i can foward the cash to someone we all trust and winner takes all.

Another forum I frequent did this with crypto last year. They refused to accept my choice of keeping it all in cash. I’d be winning by a country mile at the moment...

I'll tell you which shared I bought in 12 months :)

FAANG suffers big declines in recent days and weeks, the pillars of the S&P 500, Trump's glorious stock market, threatening his votes leading into the midterms. So he tweets that he's working on a deal with China (to save the markets).

Michael Every, head of Asia Financial Markets at Rabobank says “This seems a perfect way to ensure equities rally into election day, put Xi into a box in terms of what is expected of him and then have someone to blame when the deal then falls through”

2 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

FAANG suffers big declines in recent days and weeks, the pillars of the S&P 500, Trump's glorious stock market, threatening his votes leading into the midterms. So he tweets that he's working on a deal with China (to save the markets).

Do you think flyover care about FAANG? xD I think his tweeting about anchor babies will resonate more.

Inoperational Bumblebee
12 hours ago, stokiescum said:

i blame the system not the people that use it,but i do struggle to contain a smile with some of the sob storys i read played out live on facebook.knowing full well where they have been on holiday a few months before hand and the sorts of cars they drive all for under 20 hours a week.

For reference in a year, if anyone remembers, VOD at £1.51 and CNA at £1.45 roughly.

What interest rate do you have on your mortgage @stokiescum? I'll set a reminder for a year in my calendar. 😁

26 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

For reference in a year, if anyone remembers, VOD at £1.51 and CNA at £1.45 roughly.

What interest rate do you have on your mortgage @stokiescum? I'll set a reminder for a year in my calendar. 😁

2.4 but my morgage is up for renewal today.im presuming the interest rate wont move much.i do have a lloyds share dealing acount but i was one of those who got shunted over to halifax for some reason and i cant get on it.

i have that open spreadsheet i mentioned on here last year, anyone can edit it on google docs, stick it on that, with todays prices and pulled eod prices, its already got some from aug 2017, most are -ve

10 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Personally,I think that's a fantastic idea.....but given I'm a total bear for 2019 this will be a brilliant excercise and stretch my thinking.

I think we should leave the money out of it.

Also,I think to make it easily copmparable,we should say pick 10 stocks now and then reassess in a years time and declare a winner.I think if we have floating portfolios it will get a lot harder to track.

You can start with one or two and then add up to the ten level for say year end .

We could even do one for 2018 and then run a 2019 one at New Year????

What say you stokie?

6 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Personally,I think that's a fantastic idea.....but given I'm a total bear for 2019 this will be a brilliant excercise and stretch my thinking.

I think we should leave the money out of it.

Also,I think to make it easily copmparable,we should say pick 10 stocks now and then reassess in a years time and declare a winner.I think if we have floating portfolios it will get a lot harder to track.

You can start with one or two and then add up to the ten level for say year end .

We could even do one for 2018 and then run a 2019 one at New Year????

What say you stokie?

We can set up a google sheets spreadsheet or something else so we can all track the performance!

19 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Well I have 1200 quid I won’t need this month so do I save it make a capitol overpayment or start to buy defensive shares em

I'd be tempted to head for mortgage freedom myself.DYOR natch

5 hours ago, Sideysid said:

Westfield boss moves back to Australia. Prehaps he doesn’t want to be at the helm when the £1.4bn Croydon development starts in 2019 when retail is toast.

https://www.building.co.uk/news/westfields-uk-development-boss-moves-to-lendlease/5096325.article

but don't worry the tax payer will foot the bill instead if not.

https://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/16413027.council-says-it-is-committed-to-development-even-if-westfield-plans-fall-through/?ref=rss

Great finds Sidey

This is what it must have felt like to be the proud owner of the 1940 Olympic stadium.......................

I've seen lots of 'govt needs to so soemthing ' comments about the High St as if somehow,these businesses are needing a bail out.

4 hours ago, Sideysid said:

Very interesting development.Some of those Fang stocks have rolled over for sure.This is a claer sell signal to me.

3 hours ago, Castlevania said:

Another forum I frequent did this with crypto last year. They refused to accept my choice of keeping it all in cash. I’d be winning by a country mile at the moment...

Cash should be allowed.

3 hours ago, Barnsey said:

Michael Every, head of Asia Financial Markets at Rabobank says “This seems a perfect way to ensure equities rally into election day, put Xi into a box in terms of what is expected of him and then have someone to blame when the deal then falls through”

As you know I've had a little bit of short on FB and TSLA,the latter remains my only one left.

As I've said previously,Trump will turn on Wall St and take the vcredit for it's decline.You watch.He's all about the Rust belt 2020 not Wall St imo.

A rally was overdue.Someone posted think it was @AWW that the first week of Nov was crucial to direction into Christmas and that was a good call.I think well drift up into Christmas here but the market is ready for a long grind down.I'm going to keep TSLA and staircase in some more hopefully then look to find the sweet spots for the Fangs who are overblown massively.

Worth noting some of the Eurostoxx 50  luxury goods firms have bounced up hard eg L'Oreal,Hermes,LVMH,Adidas.Frothy end moving higher on no news...................???

23 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

We can set up a google sheets spreadsheet or something else so we can all track the performance!

I could nod and try and pretend I understand what you're on about Pepe or jsut leave it to you.Sounds an excellent idea.This could end up being quite amusing.Especially if Castlevania eneters and runs with cash and we all lose.

Could be good. @stokiescum pull your finger out of your nose and set up new thread please

2 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

As I've said previously,Trump will turn on Wall St and take the vcredit for it's decline.You watch.He's all about the Rust belt 2020 not Wall St imo.

A rally was overdue.Someone posted think it was @AWW that the first week of Nov was crucial to direction into Christmas and that was a good call.I think well drift up into Christmas here but the market is ready for a long grind down.I'm going to keep TSLA and staircase in some more hopefully then look to find the sweet spots for the Fangs who are overblown massively.

He was talking up the trade talks with Xi yesterday, the aim is to keep the markets inflated till after the midterms IMO.  Come November 7th and the votes are counted the tune will probably change with a "trade talks cancelled and here are some more tariff's" tweet!

Ive started a new line at the top with vodaphone as of today, just add more with a hardcoded value as of today and a google finance value in the nav column

As you can see vodaphones already 2p down.

you can add more sheets if you want, like on xl, and you can reference data from other sheets as well using ! and the other sheet name, ill add sheet 2 as an example.

ah someones already done it. ok, no prob have a mess doesnt matter if you wreck it, ive got a copy and can open that or replace it back.

Just reading MoneyWeek magazine

Bad Week For 

Neil woodford has seen his flagship fund halve in size over the last 17 months last summer woodford equity income fund had over £10.2bn is assests under managment by the end of last week an investor exodus and weak performance had reduced that to £5.1bn

Archived