DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

37 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Youtube has a lot of deficiencies, like for example it wants to be in foreground on your phone. If you switch it to the background while you listen it just stops. Same if screensaver blanks screen.

Annoying isn't it.

I use the app JDownloader to rip YouTube videos to MP3 (or video), I chuck the files in Dropbox then play them back on my phone.

Bit of a faff but better than having to keep YouTube in the foreground, clicking to skip ads when I'm driving around!

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Metalheadz said:

Annoying isn't it.

I use the app JDownloader to rip YouTube videos to MP3 (or video), I chuck the files in Dropbox then play them back on my phone.

Bit of a faff but better than having to keep YouTube in the foreground, clicking to skip ads when I'm driving around!

That is a finely crafted bodge, I like it 

2 hours ago, Loki said:

DXY falling nicely 

so is oil.......die you bastard die :P And came off a 'special line' :S

my mate Brian says all the smart money is short indices up here.......hmmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmmm

Bobthebuilder
28 minutes ago, Metalheadz said:

Annoying isn't it.

I listen to them on my laptop, while the kettle is boiling on the gas hob.

4 hours ago, Loki said:

Interestingly Gregory M just mentioned this too "as soon as we get good economic news the market will crater"

annoying lip sync issue BUT Greg says oil should be 15$ a barrell!! :o.......even I'm not that much of a philistine xD

4 minutes ago, nirvana said:

annoying lip sync issue BUT Greg says oil should be 15$ a barrell!! :o.......even I'm not that much of a philistine xD

Yeah not sure what he bases that on, but he's got so much right I can excuse it.  xD

2 hours ago, Metalheadz said:

Annoying isn't it.

I use YouTube a lot and this caused me problems until I bought an Indian sub to YouTube for 199 rupees per month.

Best thing I ever did, no ads, runs in background, button on my headset starts and stops the playing even when the phone screen is off. Also a complete must for driving as no screen and can just leave it running.

I used a proxy server and an address from Google maps to sign up. Just search on YouTube for instructions how to do it :Jumping:

** there is a risk that it might stop working if YouTube don't like me doing this but it has been fine for the last 2 months. You only need the proxy to sign up.

I wonder if someone can advise.....I have a Hargreaves Landsdown share account and I managed to purchase some GDXJ (Gold Junior Miners) there.  I want to purchase some junior silver miners via the SILJ etf but it isn't available on there.  How can I get around this?

I also wanted to dabble Denison Mines Corp which is listed on the NYSE.  I couldn't purchase that one either.  And Kazatomprom KAP which is listed on the LSE.  I know....neither for widows of orphans.  I wanted a bit of excitement in the Uranium sector.  Any advice on how I can purchase these?

2 hours ago, nirvana said:

so is oil.......die you bastard die :P And came off a 'special line' :S

my mate Brian says all the smart money is short indices up here.......hmmmmmm hmmmmm hmmmmmm

WTI could easily go below $55,but dont worry about that its just shaking out,its going to $70 or more after this consolidation.That management at Bp need to stop paying down debt and start share buy backs while they can.

24 minutes ago, Mooping said:

I wonder if someone can advise.....I have a Hargreaves Landsdown share account and I managed to purchase some GDXJ (Gold Junior Miners) there.  I want to purchase some junior silver miners via the SILJ etf but it isn't available on there.  How can I get around this?

I also wanted to dabble Denison Mines Corp which is listed on the NYSE.  I couldn't purchase that one either.  And Kazatomprom KAP which is listed on the LSE.  I know....neither for widows of orphans.  I wanted a bit of excitement in the Uranium sector.  Any advice on how I can purchase these?

Several posters here identified JUPITER GOLD AND SILVER as a good SIL/SILJ alternative.  I hold it too.

4 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

WTI could easily go below $55,but dont worry about that its just shaking out,its going to $70 or more after this consolidation.That management at Bp need to stop paying down debt and start share buy backs while they can.

We should have started that fund and written to their investor relations departmentxD

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

Several posters here identified JUPITER GOLD AND SILVER as a good SIL/SILJ alternative.  I hold it too.

Thanks.  Which broker did you use?  I can't find it with HL.

5 hours ago, Funn3r said:

I installed Antennapod, but how do I get it to play the Youtube David Hunter meltup ? As you say would be good to be able to listen to it with hands free while doing something else.

Go to add podcast in the menu (the three bars top left hand corner of the screen) and add "Miles Franklin".  Do this either from the search podcast search bar function or directly using this url:

https://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:856479013/sounds.rss

You will see all the episodes for that podcaster as well as if you click episodes in the menu, and, if configured, in the queue by clicking queue in the menu.  The DH podcast should be the most recent episode.

Depending on the configuration, the episodes may download automatically or you can do that by clicking on the DH podcast episode.

If you get that to work, I can send you a few other podcasters of potential interest.

4 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Ah sorry misunderstood, thought you were recommending Antennapod as a superior alternative to Youtube. Was wondering why I was getting nowhere typing "David Hunter" into Antennapod.

Youtube has a lot of deficiencies, like for example it wants to be in foreground on your phone. If you switch it to the background while you listen it just stops. Same if screensaver blanks screen.

Yep, AntennaPod just keeps playing, even if you turn your display off, etc.  Also integrates into the phone, etc so can pause on a call  etc, etc.  Very configurable like that but has an associated learning curve although the defaults are fine. 

No videos, just podcasts but many are not on Youtube whereas many Youtube ones (the audio) is on podcast, like this  Real Vision, etc.  Plus links to the relevant web pages for each podcast.  Supports subscription podcasts too.

As I said, great when working where watching a video could lose you a finger!  I have ear defender headphones with Bluetooth as well as just an earpiece so could pretty much be doing anything.

AntennaPod says I have 68 hours of listening outstanding so I need all the time I can get!

3 hours ago, Loki said:

That is a finely crafted bodge, I like it 

AntennaPod with no bodge. Click, download and play.  No Youtube ads, etc although the podcaster may add ads (very few do atm).

The only drawback is some of the user community seem to be the superior woke fascist type as some were suggesting censoring out (deplatforming) certain podcasters.  I went there to congratulate them on the product only to see that.  So sad, it's everywhere these days.  Don't know if it happened and I've had no problems.

1 hour ago, Mooping said:

You know about the KID issue on US ETFs?  If you want to see available ETFs (not funds) available to the retail UK investor, you can go to justetf.com, ensuring you have chosen UK retail investor.  They list lots of info, including the tickers for each exchange, although some brokers seem to make up their own! 

4 hours ago, Mooping said:

SILJ isn't available on HL cos of the KID issue.

Denison mines is. I hold it in my SIPP, think it was on the Toronto exchange though.

Kazatomprom not available on HL even though London listed as not settled via Crest. You can buy it through Interactive Brokers as I have or through degiro, not sure about others.

1 hour ago, Starsend said:

SILJ isn't available on HL cos of the KID issue.

Denison mines is. I hold it in my SIPP, think it was on the Toronto exchange though.

Kazatomprom not available on HL even though London listed as not settled via Crest. You can buy it through Interactive Brokers as I have or through degiro, not sure about others.

This KID thing is a pain in the arse. So many ETFs I fancy but only available to the muricans or the canucks. 

Does anyone know the best alternatives to something like QYLD or SCHD for starters?

10 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

(Reuters) - BP (LON:BP) expects to reach its $35 billion net debt target in the first quarter of 2021, the energy group said on Tuesday, following earlier-than-expected proceeds from disposals and a "very strong" quarter.

The company, which had a debt pile of $39 billion at the end of 2020, had earlier expected to reduce its debt to $35 billion around the fourth quarter of 2021 or first quarter of 2022.

BP plans to start share buybacks once it reaches its debt target. The company said it would provide an update on share buybacks during its first-quarter results on April 27.

The London-based company said on Tuesday it expects sale proceeds in 2021 to be at the top end of its existing $4 billion to $6 billion range.

The oil major plunged to a $5.7 billion loss last year, its first in a decade, as the COVID-19 pandemic took a heavy toll on oil demand and in February warned of a tough start to 2021 amid widespread travel restrictions.

BP announcement this morning on very strong performance, debt reduction achieved in Q1  ... buybacks going to be restarted. 

On 04/04/2021 at 21:34, sancho panza said:

We will see euphoria in next few months.

euphoria in what?

Fully Detached
1 hour ago, nirvana said:

euphoria in what?

Me. I bought some BP last week :D

(Not enough to get excited about, but I will get excited all the same. You've got to celebrate the little wins)

Archived