DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

11 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

I know, right? I grew up in a cold house, no central heating. It's an indulgence I'll never give up.

Sounds like your saying the authorities can try taking 'your radiators from your cold dead hands!!' ( Charlton Heston/NRA reference of course) 

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JMD said:

Sounds like your saying the authorities can try taking 'your radiators from your cold dead hands!!' ( Charlton Heston/NRA reference of course) 

Radiators that ineffective would be no loss

2 hours ago, Bricormortis said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pm-to-make-national-security-announcement-alongside-us-and-australian-leaders/ar-AAOtPdv?ocid=msedgntp

This is big......US, UK, Australia to make an alliance of sorts against China.

Boris announcing details at 10.00 pm

Australia gets a nuclear sub off  America.

As part of the deal Aussis to tell France to go put their 90 billion dollar order for nuke subs where the sun dont shine cobber. :)

Yes and another bullseye for the thread.Canada will be next and India will end up doing similar but more likely for ground attack capability.This was one of the threads main themes,but we havent talked about it much but its great to see this now happening and its clicked into gear other areas of the roadmap now.It means more production returning from China,and more energy use and China also ramps up to compete.Great news for our BAE and Babcock holdings of course.Hunter Killer subs are crucial because you can blockade even China with half a dozen of them.Hope they name one Conqueror.

I should add i actually visited BAE in Barrow when they were building a sub and it was huge.It had a huge tarp draped over the bit sticking out of the bay doors.Incredible out of the water just how big they are,and powerful.

50 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yes and another bullseye for the thread.Canada will be next and India will end up doing similar but more likely for ground attack capability.This was one of the threads main themes,but we havent talked about it much but its great to see this now happening and its clicked into gear other areas of the roadmap now.It means more production returning from China,and more energy use and China also ramps up to compete.Great news for our BAE and Babcock holdings of course.Hunter Killer subs are crucial because you can blockade even China with half a dozen of them.Hope they name one Conqueror.

I should add i actually visited BAE in Barrow when they were building a sub and it was huge.It had a huge tarp draped over the bit sticking out of the bay doors.Incredible out of the water just how big they are,and powerful.

Sadly the SNP, turn into the Scottish Globalist Party when it comes time for dishing out shipbuilding contracts. (when theyve nationalised a yard)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-58561561

The globalist pull is too strong in our politicians to change, and let working class whitey get decent skills

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Great news for our BAE and Babcock holdings of course.Hunter Killer subs are crucial because you can blockade even China with half a dozen of them.Hope they name one Conqueror.

No, they should name one 'Spirit of Hong Kong'.

That would REALLY fuck China off.

Then the next one 'Spirit of Taiwan'

21 hours ago, Majorpain said:

Its all going horribly wrong at the minute, another nail in the coffin of keeping the lights on.

Does anybody else find it amazing/worrying that we are entirely dependent upon another country to keep the lights on?  Or am I just being an ignorant nationalist?

I'm reassured by the fact that said country can always be relied upon to act honourably.  They're still laughing all the way to the bank with Priti's cash.

Yadda yadda yadda
7 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

The more i deep dive into this the more fascinating it becomes. 

Its blatantly obvious that the green power revolution is utter fantasy. 

Yes reliant now on the wind to blow so we can burn through our gas at a slower rate.

Obviously there is no solar at that time whilst demand is reaching the morning peak. Over the day as a whole gas will take up a lower percentage.

With that interconnector out all winter there will be trouble at some point.

ThoughtCriminal
7 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Yes reliant now on the wind to blow so we can burn through our gas at a slower rate.

Obviously there is no solar at that time whilst demand is reaching the morning peak. Over the day as a whole gas will take up a lower percentage.

Agreed. 

Every day without wind now takes us closer to disaster. 

Ans its all self-inflicted due to ideologues. 

7 minutes ago, CVG said:

Ominous. I failed to snip it just in time, but saw Drax up 6.66% this morning.

Drax and SSE flying this morning.

Took a punt on IG Group yesterday. Also up 5%. 

Portfolio is sitting at its highest value ever for me , had 18.5k in dividends in my ISA so far this tax year.  Sooner or later i'm going to lose this perk i reckon , the Government will want some of it i'm sure.

Fresnillo paid a dividend yesterday and was pretty miserly i thought , i have 800 shares and got just over £50. I'm £700 up on the shares but i think it will be getting the boot when it hits 900p , i only bought it as a hedge if i'm honest.

6 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Pumped hydro and hydrogen are both needed at scale so they can both store the wasted wind power etc.Wind is a fantastic resource for the UK and has a bright future,but the amount wasted is the key.The profit is in getting that power very cheap at night etc,converting it and then burning/using it the when needed.Im actually going to sell some DRAX right now,i nailed the bottom on them within a few pence and i bought a lot.I think after Mosaic they have been my best performers since buying in last years sell off up round 200% ,but il keep a good sized holding.

On SSE, id say they are a sitting duck to be taken over,Shell or BP or even a shock move from a big US integrated.BP should really be buying the Scottish share as well,if they are serious about hydrogen Rough is a prize asset.Sector should be in play now.

2 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Pumped hydro and hydrogen are both needed at scale so they can both store the wasted wind power etc.Wind is a fantastic resource for the UK and has a bright future,but the amount wasted is the key.The profit is in getting that power very cheap at night etc,converting it and then burning/using it the when needed.Im actually going to sell some DRAX right now,i nailed the bottom on them within a few pence and i bought a lot.I think after Mosaic they have been my best performers since buying in last years sell off up round 200% ,but il keep a good sized holding.

Glad there is another nailing the bottom obsessive out there.

I've never managed it. 

Legal and General in March 2009 i had 4 bites at it and lost , paid 40p, 37p , 35p and 32p. Think they went as low as 30p at one stage but by then i'd lost my bottle and run out of cash! Still annoys me to this day that i failed to 'nail the bottom' but now they are paying a dividend of 17p a year i can live with it. Having the safety of that huge upside has allowed me to take more risk in the market since , it was truly life changing looking back . But i didn't nail the fucking bottom!

ThoughtCriminal
2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Out of reps, fucking deflation, but excellent posts @ThoughtCriminal

Cheers mate. 

Ill keep posting anything he sends me as long as no one finds it boring. 

I think its all relevant to why were here. 

Other than for the pizza recipes, obviously 😂

Wind is currently generating 0.8GW. :D

Boris better get Greta on the phone quick and ask her what the hell he's supposed to do now. :D

She can supposedly see CO2. Well I can smell all that lovely money flowing into my oilies bank accounts.

ThoughtCriminal

He just rang me (didnt want it in black and white) and said "if you and those weirdos (how does he know? 😂) you're on that forum with want to make some serious high risk money then look for companies with lots of fixed contracts and short them. Ones without fixed contracts, buy them". 

10 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Cheers mate. 

Ill keep posting anything he sends me as long as no one finds it boring. 

I think its all relevant to why were here. 

Other than for the pizza recipes, obviously 😂

Far from it, keep posting!

2 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

He just rang me (didnt want it in black and white) and said "if you and those weirdos (how does he know? 😂) you're on that forum with want to make some serious high risk money then look for companies with lots of fixed contracts and short them. Ones without fixed contracts, buy them". 

Is this just a case of looking for new startups offering cheap energy? (Buy floating sell fixed, as I saw it put somewhere on here somewhere)

ThoughtCriminal
Just now, Loki said:

Far from it, keep posting!

Is this just a case of looking for new startups offering cheap energy? (Buy floating sell fixed, as I saw it put somewhere on here somewhere)

Well he doesnt invest, too lazy by his own admission, so thats where some of our forum gurus come in.

Any ideas anyone?? 

Archived