DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

the most manipulated market in the world GOLD JUST GOT BUTT FUCKED WITH NO LUBE!!!

You guys need to a) realise who your fucking enemy is? the guys below are bankers :P

b) think about using a stop loss ;)

The-Godfather-010.jpg

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talking Monkey
3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

23c more downside and we are in the $43s on oil,target hit from $60 ;) ,hope my road map is as right on the turn point back to $70B|

I hope the 70 is right too DB, well played on that 43 call

15 minutes ago, confused said:

the most manipulated market in the world GOLD JUST GOT BUTT FUCKED WITH NO LUBE!!!

You guys need to a) realise who your fucking enemy is? the guys below are bankers :P

b) think about using a stop loss ;)

The-Godfather-010.jpg

Correction. 

Paper gold got butt-fucked.

It seems a week-long losing streak is already enough to make people liquidate the asset that could be last man standing.

Shares down 35k - hargreaves have f**ked up big time on a pension transfer and awaiting it is hoped full compensation as the value of the pension that was to be transferred has now lost significant value, things could not look better. Im off to ale house 

On 31/01/2020 at 20:48, DurhamBorn said:

My prediction against Cramer.A ladder buy in BP from today with 2 more ladders at 7% drops will outperform Tesla by 1000% by 2028 including dividends.At least.

Hit 2x 7% today at 393.74 (And fell further).

10 minutes ago, Agent ZigZag said:

Shares down 35k - hargreaves have f**ked up big time on a pension transfer and awaiting it is hoped full compensation as the value of the pension that was to be transferred has now lost significant value, things could not look better. Im off to ale house 

Same kind of thing for me. HL swear they started the process 5 weeks ago. Current provider swears they've heard nothing. Large portion lost in the mean time.

18 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Correction. 

Paper gold got butt-fucked.

It seems a week-long losing streak is already enough to make people liquidate the asset that could be last man standing.

Sure, it'll probably bounce back next week xD

I have mixed feelings about it tbh, ugly old tarts and Bobby George seem to love it :P But the gold standard was abolished in 1971....so try swapping it for 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps down your local

As to 'last man standing' depends what mood covid19 is in methinks and how good the government is....

CHRIST the £ is getting fucked too, on a plus note € is bid :D

Good luck y'all

PS the stop loss tip was more to do with stocks but as ever YMMV

7 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Same kind of thing for me. HL swear they started the process 5 weeks ago. Current provider swears they've heard nothing. Large portion lost in the mean time.

Hargreaves are cute and do not disclose the full communication history- there is a portal they communicate through with all other financial institutions. There will be a clear history record. My pension provider sent them confirmation on the 11th feb to confirm the transfer. Hargreaves failed to act on this and even overlooked this following repeated chase up progress reports from myself. They have admitted liability and that I have been financially disadvantaged now pending investigation. Still waiting for the transfer as well

There was an advert for the HL stocks and shares ISA on the radio today.  Timing.  I think your average person wouldn't touch shares with a ten foot pole after this week

Democorruptcy
50 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

23c more downside and we are in the $43s on oil,target hit from $60 ;) ,hope my road map is as right on the turn point back to $70B|

RDSB ladder hit today at 16.50, I'd sold them all at 24.10, we cannot be too greedy can we?

14 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

Lots of noise and panic selling going on imo.

Last trading day of the month. I suspect some margin calls might have led to forced selling?

19 minutes ago, confused said:

Sure, it'll probably bounce back next week xD

I have mixed feelings about it tbh, ugly old tarts and Bobby George seem to love it :P But the gold standard was abolished in 1971....so try swapping it for 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps down your local

That's a choice I wouldn't be making! I don't even do that with fiat!

3 hours ago, Barnsey said:

Indeedy, or simply just inflation adjusted, FTSE down 35% in 20 years xD

You’d have outperformed inflation with reinvesting the dividends

Democorruptcy
39 minutes ago, Agent ZigZag said:

Sorry I must have missed earlier detail on this, what have HL done wrong?

56 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

I hope the 70 is right too DB, well played on that 43 call

If i say it myself probably best call on oil anywhere that one.I put a lot of work in.I also gave some indicators extra value.My road map said about another 6 weeks though to hit,so its obvious sentiment has brought things forward and we could under-shoot.I had Shell B at around £15.50 at $43 so slightly above where i expected,so that shows actually big companies have lagged behind a bit.Lets see if the road map is right in calling a turn soon and a 50%+ increase within a year.

On gold remember leads and lags.The people buying the miners and gold like we did last May have already been very well rewarded.The complex went up in anticipation of what we are now seeing,and of course now we are here many will sell.Is it wrong to sell a 200% profit and buy a beaten down blue chip for instance.Then there will be margin calls in play.

Of course once that is done its likely the PMs will move back up and my target on gold is $1740.People will remember they dont have exposure and will start to buy.Im going to run the rule over the miners next week as i might re-enter a few.

These market have everyone scared and across the board selling,but this thread has been preparing for this,we have put the work in to what to buy,avoided falls of 40% to 80% and that work will be rewarded i expect in the next cycle.We cant avoid losses as we position,nobody can,but by avoiding the noise and the smoke,we can see the sunlit uplands.

35 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hit 2x 7% today at 393.74 (And fell further).

I know lovely isnt it,iv another real life ladder to go but very happy with position now in the sector.

18 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

Lots of noise and panic selling going on imo.

It’s a complete and over reaction. It’s not airborne Ebola which would necessitate such panic. It’s a nasty flu. Being hysterical won’t help you. Stay calm and take simple steps to protect yourself such as washing your hands and avoiding people who look sick.

I’ll be buying some more on Monday.

29 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

It will be the other provider.Im doing two at the moment,a big one and a very small one.The small one is with Premier Pensions,a work one and they are beyond useless.Im wrote to them last night and will be taking them to the ombudsman over it.They have only cost me £400,but its not the point.It took them 2 weeks to respond to an email.I asked them to put the pension in cash as i didnt trust them to transfer quick and they havent.They keep making lots of exuses.

Me and @Democorruptcy are now experts in the area of pensions and dealing with the charlatans running most of the companies.They exist simply to fleece punters for as long as they can with rip off fees etc.

2 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

It will be the other provider.Im doing two at the moment,a big one and a very small one.The small one is with Premier Pensions,a work one and they are beyond useless.Im wrote to them last night and will be taking them to the ombudsman over it.They have only cost me £400,but its not the point.It took them 2 weeks to respond to an email.I asked them to put the pension in cash as i didnt trust them to transfer quick and they havent.They keep making lots of exuses.

Me and @Democorruptcy are now experts in the area of pensions and dealing with the charlatans running most of the companies.They exist simply to fleece punters for as long as they can with rip off fees etc.

Great! Will be chasing HL Monday. I won't deal with my current provider. 

Democorruptcy
12 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

If i say it myself probably best call on oil anywhere that one.I put a lot of work in.I also gave some indicators extra value.My road map said about another 6 weeks though to hit,so its obvious sentiment has brought things forward and we could under-shoot.I had Shell B at around £15.50 at $43 so slightly above where i expected,so that shows actually big companies have lagged behind a bit.Lets see if the road map is right in calling a turn soon and a 50%+ increase within a year.

The thing is they haven't reported any figures since the oil price and demand have dropped. I've bought some today at £16.50 which in one way seems a bit high in relation to the low oil price. I suppose it partly because the BoE have trashed Sterling?

4 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Great! Will be chasing HL Monday. I won't deal with my current provider. 

Message the current provider and tell them you want putting back to where you would of been if they had handled things in the manner they should of been.Tell them if they dont you will launch a case with the pensions ombudsman.Tell them you require an answer.

Archived