DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

I think its important to look at the roadmap on energy here.

Erik and Art discuss:

• Saudi Arabia’s production cut decision and what this means
  • Will U.S. shale industry recover?
  • Expected decline in demand in oil
  • Analysis of current comparative inventory report
  • Pandemic and U.S. consumption recovery – what does this mean for gasoline?
  • Perspectives on previous prediction of a big decline in U.S. production in Q1
  • Can OPEC compensate for loss of U.S. production?
  • Lag times between getting the rig started to actual oil production and what this means
  • Price vs. Comparative inventory yield curve

https://www.macrovoices.com/

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Errol said:

Are you buying the US listing for Harmony?

BTFD on this latest Gold dump???

1 hour ago, reformed nice guy said:

then oil and gas is producing at least 90% of the UKs energy use!

And you're getting 4% from the Froggies at the moment....Allez les Bleus :Jumping:

Haha that's only 2% behind wind, so much for BloJO and his wind plans :P

2 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I did, but I have shorts covering the drop too

interesting strategy, you shorting short term with options?

haha I used to read that market ear stuff too, don't seem to be enough hours in the day now o.O

Talking Monkey
55 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Harmony are the best deep gold miners in the world.Superb company,and fantastic leadership.The also now own most of the gold in South Africa and most of the Uranium.Them and Sibanye of course.

On harmony DB, in the medium term say 5 to 7 year horizon do you see any potential outsized political risk, I prefer to be cautious on position size when I perceive potential political risk, was wondering if I'm being overly cautious 

3 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

On harmony DB, in the medium term say 5 to 7 year horizon do you see any potential outsized political risk, I prefer to be cautious on position size when I perceive potential political risk, was wondering if I'm being overly cautious 

I sold Sibanye because i was cautious on having too much capital at the mercy of South African politicians and kept Hrmony instead.It would of made me around £30k if id kept it.Was i right to be cautious or wrong.Wrong at the moment,but could be right in a few  hours if something happened.Its a very tricky thing to get right.

7 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

BREAKING NEWS (no surprise though)

*NY FED PURCHASES $12.801B IN TREASURY COUPONS

tenor (1).gif

Bit low those purchases were they at the short end OCD or across the curve?.Short end would say they are getting close to the end of printing ,at least in their minds.

9 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Bit low those purchases were they at the short end OCD or across the curve?.Short end would say they are getting close to the end of printing ,at least in their minds.

saw it on twatter, some geezer said it should have been $128B lol

FED Clarida is on the wires too talking like a turkey re Bond purchases and some other geezer was 'talking like a turkey' too lol

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/feds-harker-says-qe-tapering-may-begin-late-2021-goldman-says-not-so-fast

*CLARIDA: CAN BE QUITE SOME TIME BEFORE WE THINK ABOUT TAPERING

Chewing Grass
16 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

BREAKING NEWS (no surprise though)

*NY FED PURCHASES $12.801B IN TREASURY COUPONS

tenor (1).gif

You've just reminded me of this classic from 8 years ago.

@Cattle Prod i see a big risk at Brent  $58 to $60 for a pull back based on my dollar liquidity work.Interesting to see if that happens or not.However after that its a long run up ahead.Id actually be really pleased if the supply falls see oil through $60 and onward.Oil at $80 could be on and it would likely provide us with a big choice to make.Take then huge profits off the table and wait for the BK,it wont be far behind,or hold through it.Im torn at the moment as my road map is clear on gas being the best performing asset after silver in the cycle ahead and im very concerned to try to trade around the rise and end up out of the stocks.

One things for certain,its a bloody nice place to be worrying and doing work on that.If we get gaps filled on the stocks people who arent invested should use that chance to top up.

4 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

saw it on twatter, some geezer said it should have been $128B lol

FED Clarida is on the wires too talking like a turkey re Bond purchases and some other geezer was 'talking like a turkey' too lol

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/feds-harker-says-qe-tapering-may-begin-late-2021-goldman-says-not-so-fast

*CLARIDA: CAN BE QUITE SOME TIME BEFORE WE THINK ABOUT TAPERING

I have them tapering 2 months after 3% inflation prints twice,if they do it before they will cause a massive financial dislocation.They need a few more trillion,not billion :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

You've just reminded me of this classic from 8 years ago

thanks I had to do a replay on those 'bouncy buttocks' :Jumping:

I noticed Timmy Geithner in there, one of biggest wankers ever to be Treasury Secretary o.O

22 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Yes, short term puts, long term calls. Nothing fancy like MvR can do, and hasnt fully hedged todays call loss, but it pays me when there is a dip like this to buy the dip if I want to.

watching 1850 on CFD........don't wanna hold over the weekend cos I might get raped come Sunday night xD

11 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

watching 1850 on CFD

it's gone! 25 on Silver looking vulnerable too :Jumping:

42 minutes ago, kibuc said:

Silver is pain.

I wonderwhat triggered the sell off in PM's? I've looked everywhere for the answer. Then I found it!
That twat David Hunter's tweet 4 days ago after yet another little pump. Up he fucking pops to say it's all systems go! The VERY next day it starts to drop. They should put that cunt out to grass.

1 hour ago, harp said:

I wonderwhat triggered the sell off in PM's? I've looked everywhere for the answer. Then I found it!
That twat David Hunter's tweet 4 days ago after yet another little pump. Up he fucking pops to say it's all systems go! The VERY next day it starts to drop. They should put that cunt out to grass.

Was it you that noticed it that time before? xD

It's uncanny 

working woman

Nigel Farage - Love him or loath  him............. 

I have just been on YouTube and wierdly an advert with Nigel Farage appeared.

He was promoting a free website and newsletter https://fortuneandfreedom.com that he is involved in, aimed at the ordinary man/woman in the street.

There are several articles and video interviews. It is an interesting read, he talks about Covid-19, vaccines, the lockdowns, Brexit obviously, inflation coming next,  gold, cryptocurrencies, where the UK will go after Brexit, what will happen to the EU.  He is looking / thinking long term.

Would be interesting to hear what people think.

No idea why that advert came up, I keep getting bl**dy grammarly ones.

Please excuse any poor spelllling and gramma :)

Archived