DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

16 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

Technically they can print to order as most don't demand physical, although things got tricky earlier in the year when physical supply got disrupted and demand didn't.

Gold is probably too big a market, Silver however is relatively tiny and a horde in that would cause JPM problems.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization-2020/

I think that's the wet dream, wall of retail money suddenly stands for silver delivery for some Comex contract period.

It doesn't seem like the machinery is there for retail to do that, but it might also be a mistake to underestimate the WSB kids - now they have a taste for blood.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I find it most amusing the kids are using their printed fed money checks and student debts (read that as stimulas money) to pump stock the same way the fed and wallstreet have been doing for decades :Jumping:

I’m late to this story but catching up via today’s GME strategy reddit here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l5xpai/the_gme_thread_for_january_27_2020/

fascinating to see gen z robin hooders believe they really can take from the rich to give to the poor, should be an interesting evening on the US market for BB & AMC as well...

Robinhood was such a prophetic name for the app.....

As far as I can tell they will win as long as the share price stays up until Friday as the options then have to be settled.

I don't know if the market is dumping on the possibility that somehow the masses have some power in numbers.

geordie_lurch
31 minutes ago, Boon said:

Robinhood was such a prophetic name for the app.....

As far as I can tell they will win as long as the share price stays up until Friday as the options then have to be settled.

I don't know if the market is dumping on the possibility that somehow the masses have some power in numbers.

I'm watching RDSB carefully today as well as BP.

Btw anyone else seeing a delay on their HL account 'live' prices? :ph34r:

EDIT Just got this from hl when looking to maybe sell some more...

Unable to retrieve a live quote

Unfortunately a live price is not available for your BP Plc Ordinary US$0.25 order. This may be due to a number of factors including, but not limited to, the size of your order or current market volatility.

Maybe the Reddit lot will crash the whole house of cards after all O.o

EDIT 2 Seems like all trading platforms slow / down from a quick Twitter search - Robinhood and eToro to name two...

The markets have just opened and eToro is basically unusable right now, presumably overwhelmed by the surge of amateur traders trying to buy GME stock

Yadda yadda yadda
6 minutes ago, AWW said:

Trading 212 is completely down at the moment.

I put a couple of small bets on Nokia and BB soon after the US open using T212.

Edit server connection issues now. Haven't tried HL as that is for grown up stuff! Reports that most brokers are down in the US.

Markets are playing games ahead of FOMC tonight, even the ECB are getting in on the action, probably worried about Yuro strength....

European Central Bank policy makers are uncomfortable that investors appear to be largely ruling out more interest-rate cuts, and have agreed to stress that such stimulus remains a viable option, according to officials 

:wanker:

ThoughtCriminal

Anyone fancying setting up a highly speculative DOSBODS Guerrilla Investment fund? 😂

Robin hood and other trading sites are "down" apparently.

There aren't enough lampposts for the elites........ 

11 minutes ago, AWW said:

All the punter platforms (and Reddit!) are down or unstable.

Good! If your life revolves around a mobile phone and a few 'shitty apps' you deserve to get it in the butt with no lube :Jumping:

I noticed Gold and Silver got spanked too.....'systems' can't cope with a bit of extra 'action' xD

Screenshot_2021-01-27_16-34-00.png

ThoughtCriminal

Things could be about to get interesting. 

Number of hedge funds in serious trouble. 

Black swan and BK all at once? Would be hilarious. 

🙏🙏🙏

Democorruptcy
1 minute ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Things could be about to get interesting. 

Black swan and BK all at once? Would be hilarious. 

🙏🙏🙏

They might need to change the rules.

ThoughtCriminal
1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

They might need to change the rules.

Yeah, we can't have the scum manipulating markets. 

That's the role of the 1%

Democorruptcy
8 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Yeah, we can't have the scum manipulating markets. 

That's the role of the 1%

Maybe they will limit the amount a firm can be shorted, the problem with gamestop was that it was what 84%?

ThoughtCriminal

Apparently Melvin Capital has had to be given a 2.5 billion bailout to stop it going under and starting a chain reaction 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I'd love to know what they're hedging against?

EVERY DIP is being bought, it's a one way bet till the FED says otherwise methinks O.o

ThoughtCriminal

That reddit "fund" apparently has over 2 million soldiers ready to die in the name of fucking up the 1%

Even if they only have a few hundred dollars each then that's a large effect on small companies. 

I feel like this is fight club, but in real life. 

Archived