DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

geordie_lurch
3 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

That reddit "fund" apparently has over 2 million soldiers ready to die in the name of fucking up the 1%

Even if they only have a few hundred dollars each then that's a large effect on small companies. 

I feel like this is fight club, but in real life. 

Yep I have bought 1 share to help them :D

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Apparently Melvin Capital has had to be given a 2.5 billion bailout to stop it going under and starting a chain reaction 

interesting stuff!

from twitter:

Guys, I'm hearing that Melvin Capital was holding some collateralized debt obligations, we can't figure out who the counter parties are. This could spread. We're going to have to give $1 billion to JP Morgan

GAME on! :Jumping: 

The FED DESTROYED Price Discover this century and what's going on at Gamestop bothers you? Seriously??

tenor.gif

Talking Monkey
1 minute ago, geordie_lurch said:

Yep I have bought 1 share to help them :D

What other shiyte are the kids going after I want to help out to. I chucked a bit at blackberry owt else I can have a go at. 

1 minute ago, Talking Monkey said:

What other shiyte are the kids going after I want to help out to. I chucked a bit at blackberry owt else I can have a go at. 

Hard to keep up but the reddit thread is so far all in GME (obviously) then AMC, BB now NOK - mind boggling 

Talking Monkey
Just now, Sugarlips said:

Hard to keep up but the reddit thread is so far all in GME (obviously) then AMC, BB now NOK - mind boggling 

Coolio ill have a bash at Nokia too, this stuff is comedy gold

ok, thats enough for me, i put £533 in, if i lose it all i lose it, but its about time they fucked them up where it really hurts, in the wallet.

Talking Monkey
13 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

That reddit "fund" apparently has over 2 million soldiers ready to die in the name of fucking up the 1%

Even if they only have a few hundred dollars each then that's a large effect on small companies. 

I feel like this is fight club, but in real life. 

Gamestop now over 370, man them shorts are on fire

Democorruptcy
4 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

On the day so far +228%, +20%, +15%, can I pick one for them tomorrow and pile in first?

3 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

Coolio ill have a bash at Nokia too, this stuff is comedy gold

apparently the Helsinki stock market is still open for another hour......... <goes off to find the reddit threads> xD

Screenshot_2021-01-27_17-30-39.png

Yadda yadda yadda
4 minutes ago, Sugarlips said:

I bought a tiny bit of BB and NOK following five minutes of Reddit due diligence. Was going to have a punt on AMC but my Nokia phone didn't like it. Neither did I really as that company really does look like trash.

Just now, 5min OCD speculator said:

apparently the Helsinki stock market is still open for another hour......... <goes off to find the reddit threads> xD

I bought it through the NYSE.

ThoughtCriminal

I have to say, I think these reddit kids are magnificent bastards. 

To paraphrase the French Marshall at the charge of the light brigade:

"It is magnificent, but it is not investing. It is madness."

Let's raise a glass to the madness of youth! 🍾🍾🍾

Yadda yadda yadda
53 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

Things could be about to get interesting. 

Number of hedge funds in serious trouble. 

Black swan and BK all at once? Would be hilarious. 

🙏🙏🙏

Yeah my hedge fund is in trouble. If I go down it is probably global doom. Might even lead to nuclear war. You'd best bung me a few billion to tide me over to next month. The Cayman Islands account will do.

Talking Monkey
1 minute ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

The US one is the one I got, this is quality japes. I finally get to be down with the cool kids. 

I still believe a lot of retail will get trashed on the return trip

Talking Monkey
8 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

I have to say, I think these reddit kids are magnificent bastards. 

To paraphrase the French Marshall at the charge of the light brigade:

"It is magnificent, but it is not investing. It is madness."

Let's raise a glass to the madness of youth! 🍾🍾🍾

I've asked the Mrs to open a bottle. 

Yadda yadda yadda
1 minute ago, Talking Monkey said:

The US one is the one I got, this is quality japes. I finally get to be down with the cool kids. 

I still believe a lot of retail will get trashed on the return trip

Nokia is going vertical. I'm 33% up in 2 hours. Should have gone all in.

:Jumping:

I think they'll spread too thin soon. Obviously attracting hangers on like me for now. Attacking too many stocks will reduce impact.

Will be very funny if Congress goes into bat for hedge funds with some bizarre law.

Anyone short of anything should be closing out unless they really know what they're doing.

Will it be net neutral for the wider market if hedge funds sell their longs to close their shorts? All good fun.

Just now, Talking Monkey said:

I've asked the Mrs to open a bottle. 

I'll stretch to a lager.

Talking Monkey
5 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Nokia is going vertical. I'm 33% up in 2 hours. Should have gone all in.

:Jumping:

I think they'll spread too thin soon. Obviously attracting hangers on like me for now. Attacking too many stocks will reduce impact.

Will be very funny if Congress goes into bat for hedge funds with some bizarre law.

Anyone short of anything should be closing out unless they really know what they're doing.

Will it be net neutral for the wider market if hedge funds sell their longs to close their shorts? All good fun.

I'll stretch to a lager.

The US Nokia is now showing up 80% but looks suspended for trading

Democorruptcy
4 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

I created an HL watchlist and it seems the NOK in $ is doing better in % increase than the NOK1V in €

This is all pretty funny and also makes me incredibly nervous, especially as the oilies and PMs are currently taking a hammering.

If this triggers the BK it will be a hilarious moment of hubris for the USA and capitalism in general...

Yadda yadda yadda
9 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

Bouncing around at 80% up on my screen.

Oops, I had it set to a week. Over 50% today.

Archived