DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

3 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

OK I'll help ya friend out!:D

YEP you got it ...FIRST have a watch of the videos below, ONE they are HILARIOUS...it's UNBELIEVABLE what they are getting for FREE... BUT it pisses me off that we can NOT do this in the UK as its illegal, ffs WHY? ...no doubt cos of some BS about health & safety?!

Pause to CHECK this video at 0:34 seconds AND look at the state of this woman's T-shirt!
FFS she is SAVING Thousands of dollars and can't afford a decent 2nd one!

Here's my 10 STAR TIP for raiding UK bins/skips LEGALLY! :D

Just pop into your local small store and have a conversation about their going out of date and throw out grub. My SUPER-SCRIMPER next door neighbours got to know the local shop owners AND for some odd reason i got in on the act!!!

The deal is - if my LARGE bag is full it's a £fiver donation and when I've worked it out with the real prices, its 10% I'm paying, so I'm sure ya agree not too bad!

I'm ONLY scratching the surface, as this may become a serious HOBBY!xD

Check this OUT:

You’ve given everyone the idea now.

You should be able to recognise the other Dosboders in your area around the bin areas however. 

Second hand quality M&S (brand new with tags) alternative season clothes bought on EBay, Bags of flour for the Ferrari pizza oven in the back of the well serviced 20 year old car, H&L app displaying silver miners and oil shares on an old smart phone. 

Only here could find people with hundreds of thousands in ISAs/SIPPs but still up for raiding supermarket bins. B|

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

Only here could find people with hundreds of thousands in ISAs/SIPPs but still up for raiding supermarket bins. B|

Must be a Scouser forum.

57 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

You’ve given everyone the idea now.

You should be able to recognise the other Dosboders in your area around the bin areas however. 

Second hand quality M&S (brand new with tags) alternative season clothes bought on EBay, Bags of flour for the Ferrari pizza oven in the back of the well serviced 20 year old car, H&L app displaying silver miners and oil shares on an old smart phone. 

That’s has literally had me pissing myself laughing! So so true. Bunch of frugal bastards we are. Love it. 

18 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

That’s has literally had me pissing myself laughing! So so true. Bunch of frugal bastards we are. Love it. 

Ive brought a portable grill thingy to my hotel room to save money on takeaways (as restaurants are shut). Not sure how it will cook this fillet steak though. Or if it'll set off the smoke alarms!

8 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Ive brought a portable grill thingy to my hotel room to save money on takeaways (as restaurants are shut). Not sure how it will cook this fillet steak though. Or if it'll set off the smoke alarms!

I’ll see your portable grill and raise you.....

.....a young guy at work, nice fella, who does maintenance and repairs, (and is on probably a 6th of my salary) bought a dog last month that cost him more than the car I bought for myself 5 years ago. I shit you not!

....and the dog wasn’t that nice either.

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

I’ll see your portable grill and raise you.....

.....a young guy at work, nice fella, who does maintenance and repairs, (and is on probably a 6th of my salary) bought a dog last month that cost more than the car I bought for myself 5 years ago. I shit you not!

....and the dog wasn’t that nice either.

Fashion statement these days ... having a dog in the 2020s shows you're a good person by being a dog lover, and enables dog/human selfies to show the world this goodness.

On 15/02/2021 at 13:45, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:
even BIG FUN aka @nirvana for selling me his RMG :Beer: *but* MOSTLY for posting sexy girly pics! xD

I had to stop cos someone told me off! :P

HEY get this, I did my first dumpster dive on Saturday courtesy of Aldi! Fecking loved it! Got some trout, a big bunch of king prawns and 2 whole chickens! AND...........one of them was already cooked!

I was like Chris Froome with an extra dick making off with a full rucksack on a carbon push bike! :Jumping:

I couldn't be arsed to cook a chicken so I gave it to a neighbour......youngish with enormous knockers....I'm more of an arse man myself but hopefully she'll remember the good deed  xD

Is anyone hedging £ against $ or € with an ETF or anything sexy? I keep watching the £ going up, then think it's going down only to get bought again...hilarious......also getting 100 rupees to the quid now so mega cheap if anyone fancies a trip to India and touring on some motorbikes......BMs for a couple of grand new....brum brum

Hope everyone is having loadsa fun! 28 degrees briefly out front balcony today for me HAHAHAHA :x

Edit: how fecking weird is that.... @Yellow_Reduced_Stickerposted a vid on aldi dumpster diving.....pissing myself laughing here :D

geordie_lurch
21 minutes ago, AWW said:

What do we reckon? 1.5% then carnage?

I understand BTC and the reason for it's price rises but no matter how many times I try and understand the significance of treasury yields going up or down my amateur brain doesn't understand - can anyone explain it simply? :$

36 minutes ago, AWW said:

What do we reckon? 1.5% then carnage?

Raul Pal reckons 2 % is when the sh1t hits the fan. Others are saying 1.5%. Its why I have been flagging up the yield stat recently. Ties in with a video I posted and flagged up re Raul P talking about market melt down. I think it was on p 872 and between minute 3 and minute 9. I think it also depends on what the dollar is doing.

Geordie..as I understand it they are meant to function as some sort of safe haven. When demand for them rises the yield goes down....when demand goes down the yield goes up. If people expect inflation they get out of bonds, so the yield increases to mitigate against that tendency to flight.

Some one else might be able to explain it better for you.

here's some treasury bond news....

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/us-treasury-yields-pass-march-2020-high-amid-bond-selloff

Inflation is the so-called "enemy of bonds" because it erodes the value of future payments. And its effect is even more pronounced on longer-term bonds, which the Biden Treasury is likely to rely on in the coming years.

In fact, the new spending commitments, alongside legacy costs linked to tax cuts, will mean the Treasury will likely issue a record net of $1.84 trillion in new bonds this year, according to JPMorgan Chase, a figure that's more than four times last year's total.

reformed nice guy
50 minutes ago, CVG said:

I got an email today.

image.png.f8bf34e86edfe72ad67442b0c2edfbe8.png

I'm going to reply and tell 'em it's all DB's fault.

Tell them you have plenty of small cap mining stocks

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.BwW-XsfmrGr2I2hOkF66gAHaEM%26pid%3DApi&f=1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-16/billionaire-hargreaves-to-sell-420-million-stake-in-wealth-firm?srnd=markets-vp

@CVG poor old Peter is so disgusted with your un-diverse share portfolio thats he’s throwing in the towel and selling up. 

I hear he’s spending the $420,000,000 on diversity training .....

43338DD2-8121-403F-8C6D-9703F4C8F158.jpeg

These sell off and retirements always occur because they have insider knowledge ....... something is coming ..... my spidey senses are tingling.....

2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-16/billionaire-hargreaves-to-sell-420-million-stake-in-wealth-firm?srnd=markets-vp

@CVG poor old Peter is so disgusted with your un-diverse share portfolio thats he’s throwing in the towel and selling up. 

I hear he’s spending the £420,000,000 on diversity training .....

43338DD2-8121-403F-8C6D-9703F4C8F158.jpeg

These sell off and retirements always occur because they have insider knowledge ....... something is coming ..... my spidey senses are tingling.....

These twats are always in the know.....

“Hargreaves sold 550 million pounds of shares last February, weeks before markets tumbled on anxiety over the economic repercussions of the coronavirus pandemic.” (From the attached article).

I’ve just gone on my email.....

Bloody inflation everywhere I turn ....

FDE73265-D228-4F06-8164-9B7CCA067614.thumb.jpeg.bb8e955e78d10683cbc8b6ccd71675ab.jpeg

mind ..... I do enjoy a film ! To be fair £10 a month ain’t bad. I don’t have sky or anything else. I remember 20 years ago it cost £5 just to hire a video and you had to go to the shop and return it as well.... and it wasn’t on a HD 65”  LED TV....

Archived