DOSBODS 🌈🌈🌈
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
58 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Planting my tomato seeds this weekend, and re potting a few plants.

Spring is just around the corner.

Yeah, good time for gardeners now, we are going to have a WARM spring (unlike last year) I expect you know this info, however i'll post it for folks that don't, there's a chap called David King.

He predicts the weather months in advance all done via nature (NO computer models) and he is bang on the money, well ...he slipped up 3 winters ago, with some lost research but then he is 82 years old!

At this time he was going to jack it cos of this 1 slip-up, (he's 90% accurate) however he got so many kind emails he's carrying on! :D

In last month's report he stated last week in FEB it would be sunny spring like!

Check out his monthly predictions here:

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sleepwello'nights
7 hours ago, working woman said:

Re veg and skinflintery.  A few times at my local supermarket,  I witnessed a lady taking all the papery outer skins off of the loose onions before she weighed them.  I guess she saved a few pennies. Top tip for you all :)

Another tip weigh them before you put them in the plastic bag. ;)

8 hours ago, working woman said:

Re veg and skinflintery.  A few times at my local supermarket,  I witnessed a lady taking all the papery outer skins off of the loose onions before she weighed them.  I guess she saved a few pennies. Top tip for you all :)

Only thing is the calories she consumed peeling may be worth more in cost to replenish, than the pennies saved peeling. Although she maybe able to counter that by saving on the heating bills at home, by being in the shop longer. Got to keep a keen eye on these things :D

10 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

48p Aldi 350g Lidl is 65p for 500g ,i do the same,i used to take my little scales,but my partner said id gone too far xD

AIBU in Tesco if I open all the boxes of "mixed size" organic eggs, and replace my small ones with large ones cherry-picked from some other boxes?

11 hours ago, moneyscam said:

My current broker is HSBC and their platform is absolute shite. My portfolio is with them only because it was the easiest way for me to transfer my positions from custodial account in Switzerland without selling and then buying them back.

Can some of you recommend your preferred brokers and why please. I need access to UK, US and Euro equity markets and one with a wide range of funds / ETF's. Also one that has a decent order system (limit, one cancels the other, etc) and reasonable trading and custody fees. Also ones that handle S+S and SIPP's.

Thanks in advance. :Beer:

Can't say I have one I am over the moon with in any respect. I use a few to spread things about depending on what's available. The "free" ones are good for this if you don't mind a GIA. I don't use them for my main ISA though. 

53 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

AIBU in Tesco if I open all the boxes of "mixed size" organic eggs, and replace my small ones with large ones cherry-picked from some other boxes?

waste of time all these tips, merely visit the supermarket 3 times a day and eat while browsing, straight off the shelf, then simply walk out, visit their toilet as well if you need to and save on toilet paper and soap/water too.

Im sure thats how wicao managed to save 10s or 1000s over the years.

On 25/02/2022 at 00:01, Pip321 said:

Thanks all. It’s been really good to share today. 

Sold Fres at near day highs but bought Poly too early and laddered down but overall did okay and am up overall on Poly albeit a tiny amount.

My old Lloyds continue to disappoint ‘the share that never stops taking’…😆  not a bad set of results but announced the day Ruskie attack…surprised we also didn’t have first contact with an alien attack today for good measure. Bloody Lloyds 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Unilever…well enough said  

So the question is will Friday see a massive rally because the Dow recovered? I will be up early and watching those futures….I think initially we will see some hefty climbs, but towards the end of the day people taking profits before a long long weekend of uncertainty

Would be interesting what others think. I may well buy some of the big fallers today at 8am to see if I can make some pennies. Short term I know but it then it all adds into the pot. 

Lloyds hasn't been a bad share for me. Been holding since the GFC and have taken profits multiple times and the ones left have started to pay me divis. Could be worse.

I'm holding in case they start to hoover up the BTLrs and farm the people directly.

Bobthebuilder
14 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Lloyds hasn't been a bad share for me. Been holding since the GFC and have taken profits multiple times and the ones left have started to pay me divis. Could be worse.

I'm holding in case they start to hoover up the BTLrs and farm the people directly.

I have held them for over a decade. 1 divi maybe in that 10 year time frame? Pathetic at best.

Bobthebuilder
23 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

Ah, by the way, that s the wrong Lloyds. Insurance arm not retail bank are buying shite flats

7 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Ah, by the way, that s the wrong Lloyds. Insurance arm not retail bank are buying shite flats

All part of the happy Lloyds Banking Group…so if correct and by a different division it’s all captured by us underwhelmed shareholders.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/aug/19/lloyds-plans-big-move-into-uk-rental-market-with-50000-homes

As an aside Lloyds started its massive buyback yesterday which is great news. Should buy back £2bn worth and then announce bumper share bonuses to staff and directors. Net impact, nil….still zillions of shares in circulation.

Never mind I am taking my predictably ‘slightly lower than the city expected’ 1.3p dividend and buying a bunch of bananas. However by reading this thread I have a top idea of removing the skins first before weighing and paying for them 👍🏻😉

12 hours ago, GoneDark said:

Sold a small amount of shares yesterday to buy poly and Gazprom and today I get an email from HL saying I have a poorly divisified portfolio. What's all that about?  I think someone mentioned it up thread, has anyone else received an email of similar kind since buying ruskie based shares yesterday? 

Do HL really care or have I just been added to some sort of list..

I received the same a 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I’ve seen a few on here say the same recently. I think they must either be doing a review of all accounts or have implemented a new system to flag against their preferred parameters. Seeing as an HL ‘advisor’ laughed at me when I said I planned to buy individual company shares as well as funds I couldn’t care less what they think so deleted the email.

18 minutes ago, Jesus Wept said:

Is it all just platitudes ? A bit like when BP / media reported BP would move away from the petrochemical business into renewables and the end of oil bullshit that allowed us to pick up BP @200p and SHELL @1000p ? 

Its a bit of an embarrassment for BP at the minute, but you can't just bin multi-billion pound assets in a fire sale so it will take at least a few years to get its Rosneft stake sold.  I think all the Russia business will be long over by then, so its sit tight and cross fingers because its going to get bumpy.

sleepwello'nights
14 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I received the same a 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I’ve seen a few on here say the same recently. I think they must either be doing a review of all accounts or have implemented a new system to flag against their preferred parameters. Seeing as an HL ‘advisor’ laughed at me when I said I planned to buy individual company shares as well as funds I couldn’t care less what they think so deleted the email.

I occasionally get notifications advising me that I hold x shares with a value of £y's. With a concessionary selling rate. 

I've noticed shortly after a jump in the price. Just a coincidence I'm sure. 

15 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

Its a bit of an embarrassment for BP at the minute, but you can't just bin multi-billion pound assets in a fire sale so it will take at least a few years to get its Rosneft stake sold.  I think all the Russia business will be long over by then, so its sit tight and cross fingers because its going to get bumpy.

Agreed, sell but to who at what price 

I could see if rushed that uk gov would need to compensate bp for lower price. This would be politically toxic

Few posts on here about ISA and share dealing accounts providing ‘warnings’ re over concentration in certain areas. Suggestions of green or other agendas.

Could it just be like sticking a ‘park equipment used at own risk’ sign up. Ie they don’t want some claim saying ‘I didn’t realise I was so heavily invested in the East’ etc.

They warn…you ignore. If it goes wrong you lose and they still get their commission and no ‘we sue anyone.com’ letter.

Only suggest this having read another story about someone claiming against their bank because the loan wasn’t repaid after having an interest only mortgage for 20 years🤦🏻‍♂️. Jeez.

37 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

Agreed, sell but to who at what price 

I could see if rushed that uk gov would need to compensate bp for lower price. This would be politically toxic

I agree, this is a major British company and a world leader, this woke rubbish is gonna wreck this country if it continues. We need major energy companies like these going forward, and now Shell has relocated to the UK how long before this BS affects them too? Short sighted political toxic nonsense IMO.

JimmyTheBruce
18 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

I agree, this is a major British company and a world leader, this woke rubbish is gonna wreck this country if it continues. We need major energy companies like these going forward, and now Shell has relocated to the UK how long before this BS affects them too? Short sighted political toxic nonsense IMO.

I think one of the reasons Shell moved was because the Dutchies were going wokemental on them.  Let's hope they've not gone from frying pan to fire.

13 hours ago, Axeman123 said:
14 hours ago, CannonFodder said:

The only war I see this is if fed eases off the rate rises due to ukraine

Markets were pricing in 7ish US fed hikes this year, and the first one a .5%-er too! Expectations falling back to 4 hikes of .25% each is itself a pretty big dovish pivot.

Agreed. I didn't think they were gonna fight inflation that much anyway, now I know they're not! A war and self inflicted sanctions are the perfect excuse. Welcome to the DH melt-up.:Old:

3 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

BP could simply distribute their shares in Rosneft to their shareholders.

What is the outlook for cross-border property rights if the conflict escalates and/or metastasises?

Seems there's an assumption that whatever an entity (me, you, BP, HL as nominee) owns going into the conflict will still be owned in some effective sense on the other side. Is there a firm basis for that belief?

32 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Hopefully it won't. When everyone starts having to pay even higher prices, and not just for Gas, Electric, Petrol and Diesel but for everything else the Net-Zero 2050 targets will be exposed for what they are, utter bollocks!:wanker:

I've decided that in 2075  if I am still alive will donate a relative percentage of my portfolio to all of you. There that was easy....:D

I'm ready I think, let inflation rip...:Jumping:

Archived