DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

3 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

TBF, I haven't watched the video - I posted as the reviews were good, and thought there maybe some extra good info, anyhoo...this is the YRS method...

ALL i do is when the letter arrives as it did at my new property 2 years ago, is write on the letter that this property does NOT have a TV, I NEVER fill out anything online or do anything via phone. AND most IMPORTANTI never give my name

BIG TIP ( @MrXxxx are you paying attention?!... DON'T EVEN PAY for the stamp, get TV licensing to pay the postage!:o :Jumping:

so you write: " this property does NOT have a TV " by where it says: the present occupier, then place the letter back in the same envelope, and write the TV licensing address on the front and place a bit of cellotape to seal the envelope, JOB DONE all for free in about 5 minutes of work! xD

And this saving pays for my yearly internet - NICE!;)

And I simply repeat this every 2 years easy!
BTW, i've NEVER had a licence inspector visit me.

cellotape you say, fooking hell you rich bastard, talk about lording it up.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Froggy2000 said:

This comment reminds me of my mother.

My parents are mid-60's.  Both have only ever worked in government jobs.  My father retired in his early 50's on a pot worth 2 million if valued properly.  Literally 70k a year equivalent of contributions starting from day one as an inexperienced hire.

Cheap housing with mortgages inflated away.  Free university education (in fact they had grants).  3 kids starting from their mid 20's. My mother worked part time for a bit but not for long.  They consider themselves frugal but fritter money away on pointless junk.  

My grandmother passed away a few years ago and left a large inheritance (London property from x3 to x30 salary).  My mother has spent half of it "doing up the house" including several thousand pounds on taps for the second bathroom.  My father keeps the rest in bank accounts where it just sits there getting inflated away.  He considers stocks etc. "too risky" and thinks he's being sensible and in any event claims "it's not a lot of money in the scheme of things".

I avoid talking about finance or jobs or anything like that with them but they insist on bringing it up.  They start boasting about how hard they had it and then start offering unsolicited "advice".  When you try explaining a few things to defend yourself from their condescending remarks they start rolling their eyes and claim they are "only trying to be helpful".  They then start making disparaging remarks about the younger people they now sponge off.

My brother once made the mistake of asking my father for a loan for 6 months to help with stamp duty, moving costs etc. when buying a house.  My father went ballistic and started giving lectures about "sacrifice", "entitlement" etc.  They don't talk at all now.

Of course not all boomers are like the above but as a group they had some fantastic opportunities and squandered a lot.  Overall I would say their reputation is deserved.

Fare play to the hard working couple. It’s your turn to do what is needed to change things. Now stop fuckin moaning and do it. 

you will do it to your offspring.

take what you can, and give fuck all back.

I’m currently through half a bottle of JD. 
I will say the same when sober. This world owes you fuck all, you owe it fuck all. You’ll only be here on this earth in the blink of an eye. In 100 yrs no one will know you.

7 hours ago, Harley said:

Sure, let's converse away!  I liked it and GCL was may darling but seems to have crashed behind my back. I should pay more attention!  I was laddering in late so not a lot of money down (but lost profits!) and I'll hold for now even though the daily and monthly seem to want to go lower and the weekly just tried but failed to pop.  I like this vehicle as it avoids trying to sort out the miners (some of which are not ISA, SIPP, etc compatible).  I may branch out into stocks later but held off as they were all at highs.  I thought better to buy the one trust so I could get in and out quicker (good idea, bad execution!).  Maybe a good time to search for individual stocks, Ukraine permitting!  I also hold the Sprott (pure) uranium fund.  That's doing better but has stalled on the monthly, is easing on the weekly, and looking weak on the daily.  A long term hold for me so I'll accumulate on weakness.  IMO the macro and fundamental cases are bullish, it's just a question of waiting for the price to come to me.  I thought it wasn't going to and, as always when I think this impossible, it eventually does!  I'm always learning! :)

Which platform do you use for gcl and sprott--is it HL?

Before I became fat and old and grey I actually had invested in quite a lot of uranium over a decade ago during a previous bull.

I had  come to the conclusion that for meaningful carbon reduction that there was nowhere to go other than nuclear. Kyoto treaty was 1997 lol, 25 years now of very little. I failed to realise the dithering and the action of the powers that be. Old Grey and fat is better than young and broke

it was one of my worst investing disasters reminded me of the saying that the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain site solvent.

I feel uranium is a very harder commodity to time, it runs up almost as a meme with lots of enthusiasm that over time dwindles and fades as very few new plants are built, very sentiment driven commodity. 

I will buy more if i have spare capital and it is low price but I dont think I will ever buy expecting short to medium term movement again.

I learnt a lot from that disaster of mine :)

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
19 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

cellotape you say, fooking hell you rich bastard, talk about lording it up.

I somehow accumulated a draw full of cellotape from companies that I worked at years ago, plus still got a lots of 500 page blocks of white printing paper, have to open a block sometime to see if it's discolored!xD

1 hour ago, AWW said:

As a parent myself, I just do not understand this desire in some parents to see their kids "make sacrifices" or have life as hard as they perceive they themselves did.  I'm putting money away for my kids now.  I want them to have an easier life than me.  I want them to learn financial lessons in their teens that I didn't learn until my thirties.

Seriously, what is it? A personality defect?

There is the 4 generation rule.

Gen 1 busts their arse and gets themselves a decent living standard.

Gen 2 sees the hard work and appreciates it but doesn't work as hard. No need.

Gen 3 sees jollying with this money stuff that seems cool.

Gen 4 is clueless about effort and sounds what's left.

My kids are gonna work for what they get.

1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

Strong make good times.

Generation 1 gets a free house and bennies. 

Generation 2 gets a free house and bennies. 

Generation 3 gets a free house and bennies. 

Generation 4 gets ????????????????????????

Just now, Loki said:

Generation 1 gets a free house and bennies. 

Generation 2 gets a free house and bennies. 

Generation 3 gets a free house and bennies. 

Generation 4 gets ????????????????????????

This is part of why so-called progress could stagnate.

People seem to think that progress is linear.

Advancement with layabouts happens not.

11 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

11 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

It will when they have no food. 

22 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

elderly-elderly_people-seniors-senior_citizens-ageing-children-BA500208_low.thumb.jpg.a691310f1d10b98089640200c1ac8983.jpg

Chewing Grass

Two interesting short pieces on Fox.

Container thefts, sign of structural collapse.

Who new build apartment blocks purchased to house 'crackheads'

David Hunter.s thesis has gotten interesting tonight, reckons Fed mqy not tighten next week as bond rates are tightening in themselves.

Thinks powell may not do anything in face of bond rates. Indicates powell changing track will start melt up.

Been commodity movement this week which could be market having similar sniffs.

So melt up on Wednesday then ?

6 hours ago, working woman said:

Yes, the UK had Hong Kong Flu in the mid 1960's. I asked an elderly lady if she recalled it. She said yes, the only noticeable difference she recalls was milkmen stopped going house to house to stop the spread. 

Was his name Ernie?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2022/01/20/bt-raise-prices-inflation-busting-93pc/

"The important thing to remember is that this is not just BT striking out by itself - this is going to happen with every broadband company."

"BT moving in this direction could mean that other suppliers in the utilities try to get away with similar increases, in which case we will be in a serious inflationary spiral."

xD 

BT has made my offspring 100 years of broadband costs (not inflation djusted :ph34r:).Do any of our MPs understand inflation and what causes it?.Regulator has given BT a decade long deal to increase prices for access with inflation.Maybe they thought inflation would remain below 2% 

BT isnt causing the inflation spiral, government spending is,they can just leverage it more than most.

It warms my heart seeing all these articles,keep the pain coming.

4 hours ago, Don Coglione said:

Spread-betting, so no tax advantage. I am all-in and hurting, so don't want to try to trade my way out of the hole. Also, I don't believe Tesla has far to run in the melt-up, so will hold.

Hodl hodl! Diamond hands!

26 minutes ago, WICAO said:

Was his name Ernie?

I worked on the milk between 14 and 16,hard work but loved it 4am start.We used to jump off that van at some high speeds,wonder we werent killed really,one lad did swing out to jump straight into a lampost,hospital for 3 weeks.We did a posh village a few miles away.One woman always washing up with her tits out,the "jogger" ,a lass about 16 we saw every morning in tight leggings,one day looking at her arse i ran straight over a hedge head first,i saw her years later in a nightclub and she came over,said you were that sexy milk boy,winked,gave me a snog (and a feel of that arse) and then was gone forever :(.Two poodles savaged my mate so he shot one the next day with an old pistol xD and when i finally left trained a lad so dumb when i told him to put two pints in the basket and he didnt come back i went looking for him and he was shining up the drain pipe trying to put them in the hanging basket instead of the milk basket next to the door.

I was so tired off it in my maths exam i fell asleep before it started and ended up answering no questions.I got Ungraded,lowest mark you can.Five years later at Glaxo i got the 2nd highest marks in their maths tests out of anyone who had ever taken them,i think it was around 7000 people.Thats being working class for you.

15 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

I worked on the milk between 14 and 16,hard work but loved it 4am start.We used to jump off that van at some high speeds,wonder we werent killed really,one lad did swing out to jump straight into a lampost,hospital for 3 weeks.We did a posh village a few miles away.One woman always washing up with her tits out,the "jogger" ,a lass about 16 we saw every morning in tight leggings,one day looking at her arse i ran straight over a hedge head first,i saw her years later in a nightclub and she came over,said you were that sexy milk boy,winked,gave me a snog (and a feel of that arse) and then was gone forever :(.Two poodles savaged my mate so he shot one the next day with an old pistol xD and when i finally left trained a lad so dumb when i told him to put two pints in the basket and he didnt come back i went looking for him and he was shining up the drain pipe trying to put them in the hanging basket instead of the milk basket next to the door.

I was so tired off it in my maths exam i fell asleep before it started and ended up answering no questions.I got Ungraded,lowest mark you can.Five years later at Glaxo i got the 2nd highest marks in their maths tests out of anyone who had ever taken them,i think it was around 7000 people.Thats being working class for you.

Switched working class. 

Just now, Phil said:

Switched working class. 

I wish I had sold bp at £4. When I saw it, I thought sell, as your post. Sold at 3.92. It was then I thought , DB, that fucker is clever. 

Just now, Phil said:

I wish I had sold bp at £4. When I saw it, I thought sell, as your post. Sold at 3.92. It was then I thought , DB, that fucker is clever. 

Switched on working class.. I’ve had a few

20 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Harold Pinter really has to sweat for this stuff.

Here at DOSBODS we get it for free, in the middle of an economics thread.

I fucking love this site.

Archived