DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Another late night mumsnet chuckle... Shazza is that you?

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4617154-things-have-changed-so-much-so-quickly?page=1

A great life on disability benefits, but now going as the kids get older.

It'll probably be deleted by the morning, as a few of the mums are asking uncomfortable questions.

Think there will be quite a few more people in this position, the higher bills haven't even hit yet.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Boon said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4617154-things-have-changed-so-much-so-quickly?page=1

A great life on disability benefits.

It'll probably be deleted by the morning, as a few of the mums are asking uncomfortable questions.

Think there will be quite a few more people in this position, the higher bills haven't even hit yet.

Bluebells12 · Today 19:11

Yanbu. Life was very good in Europe for a long time.

Then Trump decided to shred American power so he could be Mr Big, and Boris decided to shred British power and get rid of European cheap labour / cheap holidays / cheap imports / cheap food so he could be Mr Big, and meanwhile Putin wasn’t scared of Trump’s America or the Brexit-weakened EU and decided to invade Ukraine so he could feel like Mr Big, and meanwhile no one was tackling climate change, and so animal germs started mutating enough to pass to humans more often, and so covid cost us all a fortune, and suddenly everything was a bit shit. So Boris went on holiday.

It isn’t bad luck though, it’s bad management. The history books are going to have a LOT to say about world leaders in our time, and none of it will be complimentary. And meanwhile what’s China doing? Pondering whether to invade Taiwan. 🙄

Bloody hate men being in charge sometimes. We need fewer boys dreaming of being Mr Big and instead more managers. In fact no one should be allowed to stand for public office unless they’ve excelled at a basic manager job.

2019852503_lowvoltbrainlet.png.ea980233d5e5c8ee4ce897250ef9bb90.png

Bus Stop Boxer
7 minutes ago, Boon said:

HOLY FREAKIN GOD.

"Bluebells12 · Today 19:11

Then Trump decided to shred American power so he could be Mr Big, and Boris decided to shred British power and get rid of European cheap labour / cheap holidays / cheap imports / cheap food so he could be Mr Big, and meanwhile Putin wasn’t scared of Trump’s America or the Brexit-weakened EU and decided to invade Ukraine so he could feel like Mr Big, and meanwhile no one was tackling climate change, and so animal germs started mutating enough to pass to humans more often, and so covid cost us all a fortune, and suddenly everything was a bit shit. So Boris went on holiday.

It isn’t bad luck though, it’s bad management. The history books are going to have a LOT to say about world leaders in our time, and none of it will be complimentary. And meanwhile what’s China doing? Pondering whether to invade Taiwan. 🙄

Bloody hate men being in charge sometimes. We need fewer boys dreaming of being Mr Big and instead more managers. In fact no one should be allowed to stand for public office unless they’ve excelled at a basic manager job".

8 minutes ago, Boon said:

I agree single mum of 4 here with a mortgage. I was doing well and working and making a start for me and the children 3 years ago. Now I'm working out how far food can go. When my fixed term mortgage ends next year I'm screwed. My side hussle has also ended due to the economy. I've halted all buying.

Investors anxious about recession should look to allocate cash into mining and energy stocks, which “may be the only thing safeguarding capital in the years to come”, according to New York fund manager Goehring & Rozencwajg.

In the paper here in Oz today.  Get ready for a rush into miners and oilies from retail investors - they've been told for years how evil both are, and now the propaganda is, I think, going to shift.

I had dinner with old friends about 12 months ago, the wife invests a lot, and I said then that oilies and commodities were the place to be with the inflation coming.  Saw them last month.  They had stayed in tech stocks....

leonardratso

if theres one thing the world needs to set it right, its definitely more managers, esp. female managers, no, its more, entitled stupid female managers, now that would sort it all out.

7 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

HOLY FREAKIN GOD.

Bloody hate men being in charge sometimes. We need fewer boys dreaming of being Mr Big and instead more managers. In fact no one should be allowed to stand for public office unless they’ve excelled at a basic manager job".

You can’t blame them. It’s like a 5 year old interpretation of an amalgamated mishmash of BBC propaganda summed up in a paragraph.

It is however an important reminder for us. This is what the nation mostly consists of. That’s why there will be no austerity and pulling socks up to save the economy. The FT reader comments doesn’t even understand that and calls for more bennies. 

We are well and truly fucked. If you can, leave the country.

M S E Refugee
22 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

You can’t blame them. It’s like a 5 year old interpretation of an amalgamated mishmash of BBC propaganda summed up in a paragraph.

It is however an important reminder for us. This is what the nation mostly consists of. That’s why there will be no austerity and pulling socks up to save the economy. The FT reader comments doesn’t even understand that and calls for more bennies. 

We are well and truly fucked. If you can, leave the country.

I normally avoid them but I've been reading some of the Tory think tank and policy types over the last 24 hours. Not a single one grasps the problem. They're all focused on pushing more money out to the 'needy' - ie pensioners, benefits and disability, with no finer discernment of the content of those groups whatsoever. The general tone for those in work is they are going to have to 'suck it up' - and there's near total backing for more immigration, which the UK public are apparently 'happy' with now that Brexit has happened. Unless Truss has some magic team that isn't connected to these people I think a Sterling crisis is baked in at this point.

As was the case for 2008, seeing it coming sets you up for a shock when the world cooks up a false narrative in front of your eyes. Nobody will want to engage with the true story. Just take your profits, correctly arrange your affairs and let the retards move on to the next disaster, it's all you can do.

8 hours ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

HOLY FREAKIN GOD.

I was going to post that.  Surely no way that's genuine?  Look at the way it's written, starting with the grab capitalised heading, the sandwhich technique, etc.  Does that shite really work? 

Yadda yadda yadda
12 minutes ago, Harley said:

I was going to post that.  Surely no way that's genuine?  Look at the way it's written, starting with the grab capitalised heading, the sandwhich technique, etc.  Does that shite really work? 

Looks like trolling to me. Mums net is a prime trolling ground.

I am confused, but my knowledge of PIP assesments isn't enough to judge anything. But I was always under the assumption that for higher rate PIP that you would have to be struggling to achieve even basic tasks, like only being able to make a basic sandwich with difficulty, yet OP is making roast dinner for the familiy of 6. So I assume that there must be alternative points to score for her immunocompromised state.

haha

5 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Euro taking a cold bath overnight. Someone might pull the plug out and watch it swirl down the hole.

Has been looking like the BOE wanted to fart around in the interest rate zone in-between  europe and the US and not be noticed/picked out, if europe has to normalise more to the FED rate  BOE going to have to follow.

2 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

I am confused, but my knowledge of PIP assesments isn't enough to judge anything. But I was always under the assumption that for higher rate PIP that you would have to be struggling to achieve even basic tasks, like only being able to make a basic sandwich with difficulty, yet OP is making roast dinner for the familiy of 6. So I assume that there must be alternative points to score for her immunocompromised state.

haha

She’s too immunocompromised to even have workmen in the house (council paid renovations) but can get on a plane and go on holiday twice a year, motability car and doesn’t even use the two top bedrooms of a 5 bed council house and is moaning about energy costs (about the only thing she has to pay for). She won’t have any benefit caps as she is ‘disabled’.

PIP puts all the shit together for a ‘score’ so she adds on the anxiety from suffering some kind of ‘abuse’ in the past, plus chemo etc. If you can get the doctor to sign off enough shit for you, top PIP score is quite easily achievable.

Spiney Norman
11 hours ago, One percent said:

the only bricks I’ve ever laid was a dwarf retaining wall in the garden

Walls are no good they will just tunnel under it.

ThoughtCriminal
1 hour ago, marceau said:

I normally avoid them but I've been reading some of the Tory think tank and policy types over the last 24 hours. Not a single one grasps the problem. They're all focused on pushing more money out to the 'needy' - ie pensioners, benefits and disability, with no finer discernment of the content of those groups whatsoever. The general tone for those in work is they are going to have to 'suck it up' - and there's near total backing for more immigration, which the UK public are apparently 'happy' with now that Brexit has happened. Unless Truss has some magic team that isn't connected to these people I think a Sterling crisis is baked in at this point.

As was the case for 2008, seeing it coming sets you up for a shock when the world cooks up a false narrative in front of your eyes. Nobody will want to engage with the true story. Just take your profits, correctly arrange your affairs and let the retards move on to the next disaster, it's all you can do.

You've made the post I was going to.

For a pivot towards sanity in taxation and work it requires a constituency in the media, think tanks etc to be laying the ground, but it doesn't exist.

Everything I read from Tories and the Tory press is calling for more bennies and more immigration.

I just can't see a change of course at this point, the country is too conditioned to bennies being from the magic money tree.

M S E Refugee
Just now, ThoughtCriminal said:

Germany days a away from having to implement its gas rationing plan.

Putin is laughing his cock off.

I thought their Gas Tanks were 90% full for the Winter?

ThoughtCriminal
1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

I thought their Gas Tanks were 90% full for the Winter?

From what I can gather from the head of the gas industry body, it's the spot price that's killing them. They don't have the long term contracts locked in.

ThoughtCriminal

This is all I'm seeing regarding Germany on fintwit.

They actually think German chemical industry is going to compete by shipping gas from the middle East.

Human beings unwillingness to face facts is limitless.

Archived