DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

Lightly Toasted
7 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Thank goodness I have bought more Florins and Half Crowns off ebay over the weekend.

I can see Nationwide accepting them as full repayment for my Mortgage by next yearxD.

:D

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, nirvana said:

that's a clear pull back in a downtrend, what makes you think its going higher?

ArcoLinux_2022-08-22_13-07-44.png

Funny, looks like a clear pullback in an uptrend on my screen

image.thumb.png.883e3e080deb0a4afc08cfb94152e48f.png

3 hours ago, marceau said:

Agree with everything apart from this bit. Demand destruction will NOT change the inflation trend. It does nothing to change the relationship between productivity and promises. If the tax take drops it sends inflation HIGHER, as that gap widens.

Decreases in the inflation print from reduced activity are therefore temporary, leading to the whipsaw effects seen in every prolonged inflationary period. See 1970s UK chart for examples of how big these swings can be even in relatively benign conditions, see emerging market inflations for more extreme versions.

I think i agree with this though its a very very interesting debate to have. @baffledbyzirp could be right,but im leaning slightly to it not changing the inflation trend without massive change in policy,likely forced.There is no way productivity is going up with present policies.One thing i am sure of though is systemic collapse is certain in the UK unless we see big changes and quickly,even though inflation should fall back policy will still see real wages falling in the privte sector due to funding those who are protected.The idea these promises can be paid is ludicrous,they cant.Workers have huge numbers of parasites on their backs from bennie single mothers to Head of Diversity at the local NHS Trust.So big that sterling simply cant make up for it by falling and making our exports better.The problem is current policy of linking bennies and pensions to inflation means they simply speed you up to the event horizon because the parasite side of the economy is now so huge.

The irony is that as iv said sterling looks decent medium term yet is showing like it could collapse before it gets the chance.

6 hours ago, Plan-b said:

Holy Fucking Shit xD

The twitter pic of bricks is gone. Anyone save it?

6 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Its directly related to bennies and boomers pensions because there is simply little reward for work.New estates got 20% social housing on them,plus BTL bought some as well,so likely 30%.So you move in with you both working long hours with a big mortgage only to find out your neighbours arrived 5 weeks ago on a boat and or on bennies.Other side are a Brit bennie family with 3 kids out in the tiny garden pissed every night.

Leave stokie out of this

1 hour ago, honkydonkey said:

Funny, looks like a clear pullback in an uptrend on my screen

ok but it's been making LHs since that high and looks like it's fallen through a support level to me....but I prefer much lower timescales so I'll leave you to it....good luck!!

40 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Luckily the tab was still open

image.thumb.png.52206fb3a6e61a0d9d90a00c5c69da4d.png

image.png.d9b43fbebab5c5821846cc42e13459e9.png

Suddenly brought back memories of early 1980 when unemployment was getting to 10%.

Stories of bricklayers having to lay 1000 bricks for £100.00 including labour to mix mortar.

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

Suddenly brought back memories of early 1980 when unemployment was getting to 10%.

Stories of bricklayers having to lay 1000 bricks for £100.00 including labour to mix mortar.

Though its not as bad as Yosser Hughes' wall in Boys from the Black Stuff from about that time. Something Like "whats the holes for?" Yosser "Ventilation" bloke moans so Yosser sticks the nut on him, Classic. xDA Scary Culture (The Last War in Albion Part 36: Skizz, E.T., and ...

Think I'll search the series out and re-watch it.

27 minutes ago, nirvana said:

ok but it's been making LHs since that high and looks like it's fallen through a support level to me....but I prefer much lower timescales so I'll leave you to it....good luck!!

ok I had a closer look, it failed to retake 218 and someone sold the shit out of it on friday!!! similar to that candle when someone sold the shit out of it in June O.o

Disclaimer: just messing with tradingview for fun.......I was wondering if I could draw a pitchfork but going downwards.....

ArcoLinux_2022-08-22_21-35-53.png

52 minutes ago, Plan-b said:

Luckily the tab was still open

image.thumb.png.52206fb3a6e61a0d9d90a00c5c69da4d.png

image.png.d9b43fbebab5c5821846cc42e13459e9.png

They used a picture of Durham Cathedral on their brochure for that development,its in not quite the same workmanship.Its actually in Hetton-le-hole next to Hetton Bog.Its a good location and just such a shame that its wasted on such utter crap.If you drive just up the road a few yards there is a row of ex council houses called North Road i think,about ten times the house than these and they used to go for £30k.

1 minute ago, nirvana said:

ok I had a closer look, it failed to retake 218 and someone sold the shit out of it on friday!!! similar to that candle when someone sold the shit out of it in June O.o

Disclaimer: just messing with tradingview for fun.......I was wondering if I could draw a pitchfork but going downwards.....

The other side of those sells are the buys,millions by the directors into their Tax haven registered trust fund.

3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

The other side of those sells are the buys,millions by the directors into their Tax haven registered trust fund.

never met a nice South African, and that's not bloody surprising mun

40 minutes ago, nirvana said:

A buy at 194 would be better but I had fomo so content with a few pence higher. Could always ladder, but I'm in now.

Here's your downfork, however I wouldn't be overly trustworthy of anything with this data as the low liquidity opens seem to push random highs/lows. Rough lines are better.

Fingers crossed it's an expansion of a bigger swing. The entire chart should be 1 swing to higher up. Time will tell.

image.thumb.png.df1dfdf7cdfc03b4280996ae89229654.png

reformed nice guy
1 hour ago, Craig said:

Tempted to buy some Turkish Lira. This is insane:

If you bought gold 5 years ago and now turned it into Lira:

image.thumb.png.11062c3be29eea0e790fbb532be4fb07.png

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Christ I can lay bricks better than that.  O.o

I mean, I can count the number of bricks I've laid in my life on my fingers and yet I'm genuinely confident that we could both do a lot better than that. Just puzzling.

How was that bricklayer hired? 

How did nobody kick him off the job after his first couple of layers?

How did the site manager sign it off?

How did someone get to the point of a 'dispute' with the housebuilder? It's not exactly hidden and who would buy that?

Just now, Boglet said:

I mean, I can count the number of bricks I've laid in my life on my fingers and yet I'm genuinely confident that we could both do a lot better than that. Just puzzling.

How was that bricklayer hired? 

How did nobody kick him off the job after his first couple of layers?

How did the site manager sign it off?

How did someone get to the point of a 'dispute' with the housebuilder? It's not exactly hidden and who would buy that?

Probably bought off-plan. 

the only bricks I’ve ever laid was a dwarf retaining wall in the garden. Had a curve on it and everything. Not professional standard but much better than that. 

house builders just won’t care.  There is a new estate going up near me and it looks to be built with a softwood frame. That’ll weather well in a nrth east winter with sea salt and driving rain coming straight off the sea. 

Noallegiance
45 minutes ago, Boglet said:

I mean, I can count the number of bricks I've laid in my life on my fingers

I don't need any fingers to count the number of bricks I've laid. And not many more to count the number of women.

leonardratso
41 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

I don't need any fingers to count the number of bricks I've laid. And not many more to count the number of women.

pull your finger out.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Probably bought off-plan. 

the only bricks I’ve ever laid was a dwarf retaining wall in the garden. Had a curve on it and everything. Not professional standard but much better than that. 

house builders just won’t care.  There is a new estate going up near me and it looks to be built with a softwood frame. That’ll weather well in a nrth east winter with sea salt and driving rain coming straight off the sea. 

Don't want your dwarfs escaping

Archived