DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

100%.

France are the only country to ever fully commit to nuclear power.

Facing the 1973 Oil Crisis, the decision was made to go full nuclear for electricity generation, with no public or parliamentary debate. 

France had considerable domestic heavy industry, and they built 56 reactors over the next 15 years. 

The construction of the latest reactor, Flamanville 3, hasn’t been going too well though. Started in 2006, EDF are hoping to turn it on in 2023. 

I think you have to really commit to building these things, that’s how you get good at it.

The mistake the UK made was not commissioning the consortium that built Sizewell B, to build another 4 immediately. They’d finally got everything right, by that point. 

SMR's the reprive?

8 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

At some point the west is going to have to have this moment. Or just burn. 

Screenshot_20210928_071623_com.twitter.android.jpg

Just waiting for the 'fire sale' to FIRE my future :-)

10 hours ago, AWW said:

I'm starting to think that a couple of hundred quid on a Calor gas fire and a 15L bottle of butane would be a rather wise insurance policy for the coming winter. And I'm not into the "prepper" scene at all.

£40 quid on facebook marketplace.Iv got two fires and several bottles from the 15kg to the 7kg,i use the 7kg for the camping cooker.

Chewing Grass
8 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

£40 quid on facebook marketplace.Iv got two fires and several bottles from the 15kg to the 7kg,i use the 7kg for the camping cooker.

If the gas supply falters, the electricity grid will go down as the default for the UK is electric fan heaters.

The other way round doesn't matter as all the gas safety devices in cookers and boilers (solenoid valves) ensure that if there is no power they don't work.

This looks funky (8 views per hour) the Calor Heat Cube.

811156057_Screenshotfrom2021-10-0208-42-37.jpg.d62ca179b5702e276d82f4744d049606.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124433257744

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

..by the time the nuclear is online they or the issue has moved on.

This issue has been ignored and kicked down the road, but we've got to that point that was predicted 15 years ago ... (remember listening to a prolonged debate on this very issue then on Radio 4)

Thus its impossible to move on from this issue .. though whether they're capable of making non woke decisions is a different matter!.

4 hours ago, Harley said:

"I sold all my shares on Sunday 19/9. (I’ll write about why shortly, it’s partly connected to this issue but only partly.)".

I'm intrigued to know more.  So he sold his stocks last month (obviously not actually on a Sunday!).  I wonder what he's thinking or has been told.  Or if he's full of shite.  I could never decide in the past.

PS:  Is that quote part of his paid for newsletter?

He’s been reading this forum, he’s preparing for the BK. :D

Chewing Grass
27 minutes ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

"So we ran out of coal. For our coal fired power station. Why you gotta make a big fucking deal out of it!" 🤡🤡🤡

That is a parenthetically small power station, one cooling tower, small coal yard, one turbine hall, fed by river barges, probably 250MW or 1/8th the size of a big one like Drax or a modern nuke.

Germany is a surprisingly backwards when you delve underneath the media gloss, a story indeed blown up out of proportion but not the real one.

belfastchild
11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

If the gas supply falters, the electricity grid will go down as the default for the UK is electric fan heaters.

The other way round doesn't matter as all the gas safety devices in cookers and boilers (solenoid valves) ensure that if there is no power they don't work.

This looks funky (8 views per hour) the Calor Heat Cube.

811156057_Screenshotfrom2021-10-0208-42-37.jpg.d62ca179b5702e276d82f4744d049606.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124433257744

Dont get something like that with almost proprietary gas bottles, get something that uses the standard (big yellow?) bottles and most common connectors.
Earlier in the thread DB mentioned collecting gas bottles, Ive been doing the same since last autumn. I advised family over in England to do the same and found out a used calor gas heater and bottle was bout 3 times the price (more than was new 2 years ago) as over here. Id have brought a load over on the ferry if the connectors were the same! Heard in the last month theres a shortage of bottles in parts of England so would say if you can get a standard bottle and old superser, bollocks to how it looks ;-)

ThoughtCriminal
9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

That is a parenthetically small power station, one cooling tower, small coal yard, one turbine hall, fed by river barges, probably 250MW or 1/8th the size of a big one like Drax or a modern nuke.

Germany is a surprisingly backwards when you delve underneath the media gloss, a story indeed blown up out of proportion but not the real one.

Its still a power station that ran out of fuel though. 

12 hours ago, Harley said:

Doesn't most come grom the tankers in Milford Haven by pipeline?  I understood that was the strategy, to go big on LNG tanker imports from the Middle East.

Yes. The U.K. has the infrastructure for LNG. Port in Milford Haven and pipelines to get it into England. Problem is that Asia is buying it all up.

ThoughtCriminal
5 minutes ago, Castlevania said:

I blame Brexit

The arguments ive had on twitter over the fuel shortages with FBPE nutters 🤦‍♂️

Brexit nearly two years ago, transition period nearly a year ago, barely any foreign tankers drivers. 

But BREXIIIIIIIIIT!!! 🤡🤡🤡

26 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I worked at this Uniper coal power station in Rotterdam a couple of years back, they spent billions building it relatively recently and have to close it down by 2030 so Holland meets their CO2 targets.

https://netherlandsnewslive.com/uniper-is-demanding-compensation-for-the-closure-of-the-maasvlakte-coal-fired-power-station/135784/#:~:text=Energy company Uniper is going,the Rotterdam Maasvlakte in 2030.&text=RWE announced in February that,1.4 billion euros in compensation.

21 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Dont get something like that with almost proprietary gas bottles, get something that uses the standard (big yellow?) bottles and most common connectors.
Earlier in the thread DB mentioned collecting gas bottles, Ive been doing the same since last autumn. I advised family over in England to do the same and found out a used calor gas heater and bottle was bout 3 times the price (more than was new 2 years ago) as over here. Id have brought a load over on the ferry if the connectors were the same! Heard in the last month theres a shortage of bottles in parts of England so would say if you can get a standard bottle and old superser, bollocks to how it looks ;-)

One here just up the road,if i didnt have enough id get that one.To use those bottles you just need a simple regulator,the 15kg and 7kg use the same one,the 4.5k camping one uses a different one.Iv got a few of both,

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/194773892747451/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Aa1463214-3d1a-4bf5-871b-6b1ebb44bc97

This is a smaller fire with the 7kg bottle and regulator included,half full bottle as well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/873598700174464/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5a276a12-42f8-433b-ab69-d4fa2104c2cc

Iv also got some of the pipe and clips spare.

Type of things everyone should have because when you need them,you wont get them.

This is the regulator needed for the 15kg and 7kg calor bottles,21mm ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164182915714?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item263a107a82:g:JowAAOSwm8tejk-a&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsSLY2M1Gjmuwt9c03vWNfiRrAD0eF8%2F5XMF2XSQ1fPmXdqmOMAz2ia81UK8DtU0UO6Gphhz7sMRkYaIoQD0HSg2YFmsi4ReyPrwKNZUqd8FFza1CKN%2B1H8s1sF6J88b6lVPzaSKesq6f%2FEdC2yE3tBwIOqJ66mmSAAGsUR1G64333mQw1KZ%2Bj3ePMtgWA3NOMj7m0IHBIByoqVnpvACbkeuyx%2FbpnBDQgtcIwcGabsg67FFN1pJdY2%2FVT0tZvN5rvS%2BfXV6NPUnrMowBNhGywPKy1VTxxLYay90wknFstbFFbBAnANqy1d9PCHmmlMDVPcwhOtyrGuTWeeiUxYSdieZZ6NAIN3i1Mhp%2FAAXJkAKZV8JJ1DFtYqxf2O75t9DZrNMiD4OdVW7mS0tZ0bQG3jI%2FAiwFDsn2YMK5xPBksgbreK4zgoGbu1swLD5NfIKC4s3mFqUMZHuNAlW0wFnvmwzR0SEji7Ww29n6EVux8pgmF12V9HpvebP1yXowsY%2FIMF5hufndY8w1DbWkpnip74SI5iW2N7XZi90T2xQaQTJWF2oT3cq8LcSwm3DpNWWSGfWzOiPw1oOnMwP8dAQBnYaAzapVbgzZ34WG%2Bh0R8WsDfDIpkt64Or822U5V5JIE822u4D4t45awq69SS%2F8j%2Femfwod3dNzhLUM0Nw9OqeM8rdjaJNpjWxAuFo%2BIqlzmd42xkmamoNqyA7v0YfenHOBpEgL%2BJxbZsT8SmVmZBhprbaROR%2Beh%2BYsbkIs3WiC5%2Bmw65npg880Q%2FISLXgxVSKpidA3yhGEqz4fqYryu5J2ft8KgD0wszQizN%2B48MAjpOMMkUELJ51Soavh92EUTXQ6Q%3D%3D|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2334524

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

How I feel when I think I have bought the bottom only to see it go down further! :-)

FAi9OYlVUAEyYhf.jpeg

1 hour ago, ThoughtCriminal said:

The arguments ive had on twitter over the fuel shortages with FBPE nutters 🤦‍♂️

Brexit nearly two years ago, transition period nearly a year ago, barely any foreign tankers drivers. 

But BREXIIIIIIIIIT!!! 🤡🤡🤡

There are also shortages of HGV drivers across Europe.

Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, Errol said:

There are also shortages of HGV drivers across Europe.

Perhaps they are all fed up of pissing in a bottle.

Have re-jigged The Police lyrics to Message in a Bottle.

Pissing in a Bottle

[Verse 1]

Just a castaway, a driver on the road, oh

Another lonely day

With no one here but me, oh

More loneliness than any man could bear

Rescue me before I fall into despair, oh

[Chorus]

I'll send an SOS to the world

I hope that someone gets my

Piss in a bottle (Yeah)

Piss in a bottle (Yeah)

[Verse 2]

A year has passed since I passed my test

I should have known this right from the start

Only hope can keep me together

Trucks can mend your life

But trucks can break your heart

[Chorus]

Piss in a bottle (Yeah)

Piss in a bottle (Yeah)

Piss in a bottle (Oh Yeah)

Piss in a bottle (Oh Yeah) with added funk

This was in my interactive brokers information feed:

"Oct 1 (Reuters) - Canadian health officials said on Friday data suggests reported cases of rare heart inflammation were relatively higher after Moderna's <MRNA> COVID-19 vaccine compared with the Pfizer/BioNTech shots <PFE> <BNTX>.
    The data also indicated heart inflammation occurs more often in adolescents and adults under 30 years of age, and more often in males. [nCNWY908Pa]
    The statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada said majority of the affected individuals experienced relatively mild illness and recovered quickly.
    The risk of cardiac complications, including heart inflammation, has been shown to be substantially increased following COVID-19 infections, with the risks higher after the infection than after vaccination, according to the statement.

The benefits of mRNA shots in preventing COVID-19 continue to outweigh the risks, regulators in the United States, EU and the World Health Organization have said."

(I track Moderna as my canary, no fucking way would I buy it).

So - still trying to say the vaccines are safer than the virus, re heart issues.  Moving from 'EFFECTIVE AND SAFE' to "PARTIALLY EFFECTIVE AND SAFE" to "PARTIALLY EFFECTIVE AND MORE SAFE THAN THE VIRUS" to...

I know what comes next. So does DOSBODS.

Now, interestingly the moderna share price dropped a lot 27/28 september, and then again 30th sept/1st Oct.  The second one, I think, was in relation to the above news (and the Times article).  But the 27/28 drop, which I posted about on here, has all the hallmarks of insider trading.

I'll continue to watch the stock.... 

51 minutes ago, wherebee said:

This was in my interactive brokers information feed:

"Oct 1 (Reuters) - Canadian health officials said on Friday data suggests reported cases of rare heart inflammation were relatively higher after Moderna's <MRNA> COVID-19 vaccine compared with the Pfizer/BioNTech shots <PFE> <BNTX>.
    The data also indicated heart inflammation occurs more often in adolescents and adults under 30 years of age, and more often in males. [nCNWY908Pa]
    The statement from the Public Health Agency of Canada said majority of the affected individuals experienced relatively mild illness and recovered quickly.
    The risk of cardiac complications, including heart inflammation, has been shown to be substantially increased following COVID-19 infections, with the risks higher after the infection than after vaccination, according to the statement.

The benefits of mRNA shots in preventing COVID-19 continue to outweigh the risks, regulators in the United States, EU and the World Health Organization have said."

(I track Moderna as my canary, no fucking way would I buy it).

So - still trying to say the vaccines are safer than the virus, re heart issues.  Moving from 'EFFECTIVE AND SAFE' to "PARTIALLY EFFECTIVE AND SAFE" to "PARTIALLY EFFECTIVE AND MORE SAFE THAN THE VIRUS" to...

I know what comes next. So does DOSBODS.

Now, interestingly the moderna share price dropped a lot 27/28 september, and then again 30th sept/1st Oct.  The second one, I think, was in relation to the above news (and the Times article).  But the 27/28 drop, which I posted about on here, has all the hallmarks of insider trading.

I'll continue to watch the stock.... 

Is Moderna starting to run late with the bribe payments?

5p0dek.jpg.cdd9662cc3b81e48dfec91a08c27af7d.jpg

M S E Refugee

I have been goading an environmentalist at work about the the rise in utility prices, it's funny that when it starts to hit them in the pocket they don't seem as keen on Windmill Power.

Archived