DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

ThoughtCriminal

Household electricity prices in Italy are set to rise 29.8% in the next quarter and gas prices by as much as 14.4% says regulator. 

And thats AFTER  3 billion subsidy from government. 

Without subsidy it would be 45% and 30% in prices of electricity and gas, respectively.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sleepwello'nights
23 hours ago, nirvana said:

Robert Kiyosaki: ‘The biggest crash in world history’ hits this October

First time I've watched a Michelle Makkori interview although Kitco is one of the first sites I visit daily.  She did well to stop Kiyosaki wander off topic and bring him back to the point. 

Not only is she pleasing on the eye, she seems smart as well.

3 hours ago, Lightscribe said:

He’s been reading this forum, he’s preparing for the BK. :D

Which begs the question: what does 100% cash actually mean?  Actual cash, in which case all sterling or a mix, or say short term bonds, and if so direct or via a fund, trust, or ETF?  The devil is in the detail.  It matters.

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

That is a parenthetically small power station, one cooling tower, small coal yard, one turbine hall, fed by river barges, probably 250MW or 1/8th the size of a big one like Drax or a modern nuke.

Germany is a surprisingly backwards when you delve underneath the media gloss, a story indeed blown up out of proportion but not the real one.

I think the Germans like to decentralise or go local.  There are a few local energy, etc schemes for municipalities.  Towns are very important and proud things in Germany.

1 hour ago, MrXxxx said:

We could learn a lot from 'our' children if only we weren't so arrogant not to listen to them!

Well, they have watched less TV than us! :Old:

19 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

First time I've watched a Michelle Makkori interview although Kitco is one of the first sites I visit daily.  She did well to stop Kiyosaki wander off topic and bring him back to the point. 

Not only is she pleasing on the eye, she seems smart as well.

Yes, he was just pumping his book and avoiding the important but difficult questions.  He gets repetitive after a few years but a good morale booster from time to time.  Personally, I loved the previous presenter - had a knowing grin and pleasing voice.

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

One here just up the road,if i didnt have enough id get that one.To use those bottles you just need a simple regulator,the 15kg and 7kg use the same one,the 4.5k camping one uses a different one.Iv got a few of both,

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/194773892747451/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Aa1463214-3d1a-4bf5-871b-6b1ebb44bc97

This is a smaller fire with the 7kg bottle and regulator included,half full bottle as well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/873598700174464/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A5a276a12-42f8-433b-ab69-d4fa2104c2cc

Iv also got some of the pipe and clips spare.

Type of things everyone should have because when you need them,you wont get them.

This is the regulator needed for the 15kg and 7kg calor bottles,21mm ones

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164182915714?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item263a107a82:g:JowAAOSwm8tejk-a&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%2B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsSLY2M1Gjmuwt9c03vWNfiRrAD0eF8%2F5XMF2XSQ1fPmXdqmOMAz2ia81UK8DtU0UO6Gphhz7sMRkYaIoQD0HSg2YFmsi4ReyPrwKNZUqd8FFza1CKN%2B1H8s1sF6J88b6lVPzaSKesq6f%2FEdC2yE3tBwIOqJ66mmSAAGsUR1G64333mQw1KZ%2Bj3ePMtgWA3NOMj7m0IHBIByoqVnpvACbkeuyx%2FbpnBDQgtcIwcGabsg67FFN1pJdY2%2FVT0tZvN5rvS%2BfXV6NPUnrMowBNhGywPKy1VTxxLYay90wknFstbFFbBAnANqy1d9PCHmmlMDVPcwhOtyrGuTWeeiUxYSdieZZ6NAIN3i1Mhp%2FAAXJkAKZV8JJ1DFtYqxf2O75t9DZrNMiD4OdVW7mS0tZ0bQG3jI%2FAiwFDsn2YMK5xPBksgbreK4zgoGbu1swLD5NfIKC4s3mFqUMZHuNAlW0wFnvmwzR0SEji7Ww29n6EVux8pgmF12V9HpvebP1yXowsY%2FIMF5hufndY8w1DbWkpnip74SI5iW2N7XZi90T2xQaQTJWF2oT3cq8LcSwm3DpNWWSGfWzOiPw1oOnMwP8dAQBnYaAzapVbgzZ34WG%2Bh0R8WsDfDIpkt64Or822U5V5JIE822u4D4t45awq69SS%2F8j%2Femfwod3dNzhLUM0Nw9OqeM8rdjaJNpjWxAuFo%2BIqlzmd42xkmamoNqyA7v0YfenHOBpEgL%2BJxbZsT8SmVmZBhprbaROR%2Beh%2BYsbkIs3WiC5%2Bmw65npg880Q%2FISLXgxVSKpidA3yhGEqz4fqYryu5J2ft8KgD0wszQizN%2B48MAjpOMMkUELJ51Soavh92EUTXQ6Q%3D%3D|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A2334524

Just bear in mind gas heaters produce a lot of vapour.  But then a dehumidified house uses less heat, or at least feels like it!

PS:  I fear I'm going to wish I didn't use my stash on burning off the weeds!

PPS:  I bought an outdoor camping shower to connect to my propane.  As I've said, I'm a value investor!

reformed nice guy
7 hours ago, Harley said:

"I sold all my shares on Sunday 19/9. (I’ll write about why shortly, it’s partly connected to this issue but only partly.)".

I'm intrigued to know more.  So he sold his stocks last month (obviously not actually on a Sunday!).  I wonder what he's thinking or has been told.  Or if he's full of shite.  I could never decide in the past.

PS:  Is that quote part of his paid for newsletter?

Yes, from his paid newsletter. He doesnt mention anything else about shares but if he does il post it here

Noallegiance
1 hour ago, Harley said:

I think the Germans like to decentralise or go local.  There are a few local energy, etc schemes for municipalities.  Towns are very important and proud things in Germany.

Which is hilarious considering they were the birthplace of modern centralisation in the late 1800s ultimately leading to the Nazis.

Amazing things, pendulums.

11 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

Which is hilarious considering they were the birthplace of modern centralisation in the late 1800s ultimately leading to the Nazis.

Amazing things, pendulums.

Here's an example of how important they are.  This cheers me up now and then, but I'm not sure if the Austrians are setting the best example atm!

Noallegiance
5 minutes ago, Harley said:

Here's an example of how important they are.  This cheers me up now and then, but I'm not sure if the Austrians are setting the best example atm!

OK it might just be that I had only 4 hours sleep but I have no idea why I'm watching this!

46 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

OK it might just be that I had only 4 hours sleep but I have no idea why I'm watching this!

Re. that energy plant and beyond.  Just illustrates how locally focused (resilient) they (and the Germans) are.  The whole town pulled together to produce this record event (see Youtube).  The rest probably belongs on the covid thread!  Maybe a bit euro cheesy for us but the roads and buildings look nice!  Can't see Boris and co fitting in!  I wonder if they pay more or less council tax for all of that!  Live is life, so feck Klaus, Gates and co.

1 hour ago, Harley said:

That was quite amazing! Cheered me up, thanks.

4 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

We could learn a lot from 'our' children if only we weren't so arrogant not to listen to them!

Hmm, that sounds a bit Gretta T. to me... But please go ahead and give them the vote at 16, we'll then discover how wise they actually are!

1 hour ago, Harley said:

Wow, not sure what to say about that video - I was impressed, but nowadays I suppose that makes me a fledgling proto-fascist?!... And was that the actual 'Eagles Nest' toward the end of the video, just saying!!

Bobthebuilder
7 minutes ago, PrincessDrac said:

Do you think gold may turn this side of Xmas CP? My miners are 15% down and one has not had a up week for eight weeks, only one up day.

Gold and Silver are so unloved unlike bubble's in everything else. Is it big bank manipulation or just traders are not seeing gold as a hedge but prefer the supposed safety of greenback. DXY is so strong, which is not helping gold. Every uplift gets sold into or smacked down.

PM miners are my worst performing sector at the mo, but I'm sure that's true for many posters on this thread. I have 1 ladder left for mine, but just watching, waiting to see how low they go.

Bobthebuilder
12 minutes ago, PrincessDrac said:

Can I ask Bob, which company, ladder price?

My main holdings are Fres, Poly, Hoc.

I have some funds. But I'm not adding while free fall has no seemingly support, especially as I'm already invested long and underwater.

I read on other forums "just topped up or added" and they keep posting as the price falls every 10p or 20p. I'd now prefer to at least see a green candle on 1d and end the week green.

Poly has just fallen off a clif. The chart is horrific, not sure if it's sector, Russia exposure, huge seller or shorted.

Hoc just keeps falling, Fres seems to have support at 860p.

Onwards and upwards.

Hi Drac.

I am no expert, just like a bit of a gamble, just to get that clear.

I hold jnrs, Harmony, Yamana etc. Between 10% - 25% down at the moment, limit myself to 3 ladders so not to go broke. Again, I bought too early as I thought with all the printing/ inflation expectations gold might have taken off by now.

As of yet, I haven't plucked up the courage to add the great panther.

ThoughtCriminal
3 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

CNOOC bought the Canadian company Nexen, so have good Western assets and staff who had the brains to farm into the best exploration block of the last decade so I give them that. But that asset must be priced in. They are moving to a Shanghai listing soon...just not for me. Increased noise on Twitter and chatroom no particular reason smells a bit bot-farmy to me.

CP, just say hypothetically you had a couple of grand you werent bothered about seeing ever again, and on top of that i held a gun to your head and said "gamble or die". 

CNOOC worth it for someone looking for a shit or bust punt? 

Not advice, DYOR etc of course. 

Agent ZigZag
6 minutes ago, PrincessDrac said:

I can see retail being only allowed to invest via funds in the future. Just to allow the spivs and feds full control and theft

It may come to that but before it does I anticipate exponential distrust and growing anger in the western sphere towards all governments. It is in this environment that I see gold shining. For me it is a hedge against government, and not against inflation that most people believe. My spider tentacles are sensing that we are nearing a major inflection point and that is the political economy versus the economic economy/reality. My view is that the market is going to bet against all of the Marxist western government ideology that we are currently experiencing, ie governments turning against their own people with stupid tax increases, lack of truck drivers, low wages, poor maintenance of infrastucture, etc. Governments are the enemy, hence all the draconian measures seen and experienced over the last 18months. I consider the market will force governments hands  and the reflation stocks we all hold are more than ever a very safe place to be. Patience.

ThoughtCriminal

Just overbearing authoritarian busy bodies doing their thing? Or a sign of how serious they think this is? 

Although i think 20C is very generous. I set the dog on people if they put my thermostat past 17C.

"Put a bloody jumper on you fanny!". 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Your average German needs to take one look at that, see that "transitory' inflation is political bullshit, and go out and buy gold. 

They have been. German gold purchases have been at record levels for several months now.

4 hours ago, JMD said:

Hmm, that sounds a bit Gretta T. to me... But please go ahead and give them the vote at 16, we'll then discover how wise they actually are!

Some can be naive/unrealistic/overtly trusting granted, but so can a lot of the electorate...for evidence of this just look at the referendum/Covid/elections/wars...do you think teenagers could do any worse than most of the current front bench?....don't underestimate the young just because they have fewer years, its the ability to think critically, and this doesn't necessarily come with years/experience!

Archived