DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

14 hours ago, wherebee said:

I'd recommend that you all take date stamped screenshots of your holdings and investments.

If one of the scenarios pans out - attacks on financial services infrastructure - some brokers/banks might be in trouble.  Nothing more useful than evidence of exactly what you had.

That’s also my take. It would be awfully coincidental if ‘Russia’ began cyber warfare with the west and our financial and logistical institutions were ‘attacked’.

Obviously we would then all need Digital IDs for ‘security’ purposes of course.

If only the WEF did some trial runs in preparation like Event 201 with Covid.

https://cyberpolygon.com/?utm_source=wef

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Hunty said:

A lesson to any new investors; spread your risk, the screen grab will never be forgotten. RIP.:Old:

487854393_NewPicture.jpg.e6fd73251d2b57290f04409a4e1c9578.jpg

is that a £ loss?

2 minutes ago, Don Coglione said:

What would constitute a "heavy" session, out of interest?

it's totally irrelevant cos everything is relative, as a man of your stature surely understands lol

PS the Germans didn't like the highs, they're taking it down again weyhey!!!

Democorruptcy
11 minutes ago, Hunty said:

Nursing some pain today, will wait for the Yanks to open to see what and when to buy. 

A lesson to any new investors; spread your risk, the screen grab will never be forgotten. RIP.:Old:

I hope you get a helluva green day to compensate.

11 minutes ago, Hunty said:

Nursing some pain today, will wait for the Yanks to open to see what and when to buy. 

Hunty your balls are of the stuff of legends. You will always have my respect. 

20 minutes ago, Hunty said:

We're going to need a bigger spanking stick! :)

bangladesh-cricket-world-cup-2011-biggest-bat.jpg.2c8ec798ffb0e1065f44da168e93278b.jpg

5 hours ago, wherebee said:

oilies shooting up here in aus, as are miners.  i'm green all over.

bitcoin smashing downwards, which surprises me.

Gold showing who the real inflation hedge is. BTC being exposed like this could be a good thing for the metal holders.

geordie_lurch
20 minutes ago, CannonFodder said:

No idea if true as so much lying and counter lying going on but twitter reckons the southern front has collapsed.

Main fighring will be over soon if true

Screenshot_20220224-110641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4fd0d20c23a15885f870fbbe1238742a.jpg

From Sky News :ph34r:

Russian military helicopters downed, Ukraine says

Ukraine's internal ministry says it has downed three Russian helicopters.

It comes moments after border officials said that helicopters were attacking Gostomel - a military base closed to Kyiv.

It is not clear whether these are the same aircraft the internal ministry has claimed to have downed.

Border officials also say that the Russian military is attempting to get into Kyiv.

1 minute ago, Sidd said:

Gold showing who the real inflation hedge. BTC exposure like this could be a good thing for the metal holders.

It's time to take out the trash.

2 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

It's still early days for BTC - don't celebrate it's demise just yet ;)

Gold and BTC have nothing to do with each other. I can absolutely see BTC being useful, but I don't conflate it with gold.

Democorruptcy
49 minutes ago, moneyscam said:

Thank you for that. The bolded bit above has always been my view. Instead of exploiting the peace dividend of the end of the Cold War, the US in particular sought to press its advantage and establish itself as the undisputable global hegemon. The West has ignored and belittled Russia's legitimate security concerns and national interests these last 30 years deludedly believing it could bring Russia to heel.

Today should disabuse many of that notion. Does that make me a Putin lover? No, I don't particularly have any love for him or Russia, rather I can recognise they are a major power that should have been dealt with as an equal that we could have aligned with rather than try and subdue in a futile manner. We have been monumentally stupid in also driving Russia and China into each others arms.

Now its too late to go back and I can only hope the conflict is limited to Ukraine and of short duration and that it doesn't spiral wider else we will all be fucked in various ways.

Banks are having a bad day. What do you see being the main cause? EU loans potentially going bad or this being as an excuse to not raise rates, or both? Any chance of a credit crunch as some banks look more riskier than others?

2 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Banks are having a bad day. What do you see being the main cause? EU loans potentially going bad or this being as an excuse to not raise rates, or both? Any chance of a credit crunch as some banks look more riskier than others?

Lloyds has taken a bath almost 10%, I would have thought that looked decent value but only based on comparisons. The issue is how low will things go. 

Bought some Poly @ 712p (but only 500) this morning but regretting it already because I think there are some safer options which look cheap. I bought them because I was holding 6 x that and am just grateful I bailed a couple of days ago. 

The planned big share purchases (Rio, BAT, etc) the share prices are holding up well and for good reason I understand....so watching and not buying those yet. 

If anything I am thinking of buying some abdrn, m&g and/or Lloyds.

Only went for a hair cut and come back to this, bought some POLY at 680, thought yesterday i would buy back into Gazprom if it went under 5 didn't think there would be much chance then Putin invaded 

Cant buy currently no quotes and Gazprom trading has been halted apparently 

I think it will blow over in the coming weeks 

45 minutes ago, nirvana said:

someone tweeted this so I won't take credit for the words, interesting ya

Russia has the third largest trade surplus on Earth, behind only China and Germany. But unlike China and Germany who mostly produce consumer shit that we don't need to survive Russia produces almost exclusively the commodities which are the bedrock of modern human civilization

FMWz_qQXEAEw-lL.jpeg

was curious what site that was thought it was FT with the pink colour but no its this site

https://countryeconomy.com/trade/balance

26 minutes ago, Sidd said:

Gold showing who the real inflation hedge is. BTC being exposed like this could be a good thing for the metal holders.

Hilarity of hilarities.

The office shitcoiners and BTC advocates are this morning discussing.......commodities and PMs as an investment.

So predictable.

12 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I think it's more a general marking down of all stocks rather than specific issues in the banking sector. Sure some banks will have more exposure than others by where they do business. It's too early to know and give any meaningful answers right now. I just think the market now is trying to figure out the duration and scope of this conflict but its a fast moving situation. I'm really struggling myself just to keep up with all the news flow and have no clarity as to how this will play out.

The only thing I would risk concluding now is that the market will discount 3-4 rate rises rather than the 7-8 muted before.  However the effect of this conflict on energy is going to make the inflation worse further down the line putting the Fed into an even more tighter bind than it was in before.

geordie_lurch

Boris just called Putin the Russian dictator in his live address when talking direct to ordinary Russians. Not sure that's going to help calm things :S

Boris Johnson: "For all his bombs and tanks and missiles, I don't believe that the Russian dictator will ever subdue the national feeling of the Ukrainians and their passionate belief that their country will be free."

34 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

From Sky News :ph34r:

Thats not good if accurate reporting.

All good shooting down helicopters however if helicopters are getting that close to airbases and kiev, then main air defense and airforce are gone.

Democorruptcy
2 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Boris just called Putin the Russian dictator in his live address when talking direct to ordinary Russians. Not sure that's going to help calm things :S

Did he just get his Putin's and his Trudeau's mixed up?

Archived