DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, TNS said:

Could be a brutal day ahead. Anyone tempted to dump it all and sit on the sidelines given the war declaration ?

oilies shooting up here in aus, as are miners.  i'm green all over.

bitcoin smashing downwards, which surprises me.

26 minutes ago, wherebee said:

oilies shooting up here in aus, as are miners.  i'm green all over.

Twitter tin foil theory is that the war threat is cover for them to beat crypto so their wall st mates can get in. Not sure but definitely interesting timing for them to possibly be letting Silver free at the same time (was over $25 just now).

1 hour ago, wherebee said:

it tracks Nasdaq........I'm shorting Gold now, this 'war trouble' will blow over soon and the control freaks will be back in errrr control...

What's that loon Uncle Dave tweeting nowadays? :P

1 hour ago, TNS said:

Could be a brutal day ahead. Anyone tempted to dump it all and sit on the sidelines given the war declaration ?

more Nasdaq shorts bro xD

Nasdaq has dumped 1000 pips since yesterday morning....'the tape' knew something!

And that's why you stop listening to cunts on twatter and watch what the tape is doing ya? If you didn't read Livermore's autobiography pull yer fekkin finger out troopers :P

Right I'm off for a while, might be setting more shorts loose xD

ThoughtCriminal

All Ukrainian air defences destroyed.

Ukrainian army offering no resistance, soldiers surrendering en masse.

America's end of empire phase is going to be hilarious.

geordie_lurch

I really can't see why Putin will stop in Ukraine as Europe is ripe for rolling over :ph34r:

I'm going to keep an eye on flights to Mexico just in case :Geek:

Well I debated it and decided to leave my holdings on the table.  The losses would help lower my capital gains but not much as the tax is not huge.  I'm very tempted to sell JRS and HRUB (as who knows what rules they'll invoke) and let the rest ride but a calm head atm.  HL failed to execute stop losses!  Now back to my porridge.

PS:  I'm assuming the worst (cut off from Swift and maybe the exchange or at least some stocks) but I can wait a few years, plus I can't bear giving my money to the sharks. 

2 hours ago, TNS said:

Who's declared war on whom?  Maybe one last hurrah for bonds?  Going to be interesting to see the winners and losers, especially what happens to the energy companies versus the rest of the markets.

Cant get buy or sell orders to confirm.....too volatile I guess.

Trying to offload Fresnillo in the black (to reinvest) and very happy I sold my Poly (not smug but relieved).

Still up on Unilever overall but waiting for ex div may have been an error

Not good out there today for some but a good buying opportunity?. 

9 minutes ago, Metalheadz said:

LUKOIL is down 50% pre market :ph34r:

Yep, but life and it's beastings can overplay it's hand now and then and I get to the point where I just think "whatever" and dig in. 

Great news today as a huge part of the reflation/distribution cycle lands.Tanks in Ukraine is superb news for the roadmap just as military events were predicted.Sometimes i do worry that people still focus on the short term liked most do when these events are exactly what we knew were likely if we were indeed at the end of the great dis-inflation.Its resulted in mass weakness in the west,and now capital will flow to inflation areas.Todays actions mean higher inflation,and thats crucial.

BP is a drag due to Russian connections,but the mid term affects on energy are much more important.

The west is seeing what happens when you concentrate on woke,single mothers,bennies and lunacy.

8 minutes ago, CVG said:

Is POLY now suspended at 800? Tempted to buy a few k.

Watched it go into freefall the last hour or so.
Sold out of yamana on freetrade (to bail out my last freetrade holding) yesterday as soon as it got into profit, will put the cash in the isa.

Interesting morning.

Archived