DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

16 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Im $1500 up on apple...Im going another $5K.

I suspect these drops wont be stopping.

image.png.261a5280e0d8d5dc1fe53a1c71fb46d6.png

I'm using this current opportunity to again sell some UK based assets and then buy similar Australia based assets given this part of the world is looking more and more like home.  The less CGT I give to the ATO (equivalent of HMRC) the better as far as I'm concerned.

Otherwise I'm doing precisely nothing given my strategy was set a long long time ago.

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reformed nice guy
56 minutes ago, stoobs said:

Terra hit an all time high of $119.18 on Apr 05, 2022

Terra had an all time low of $0.027436756287 on May 12, 2022

20 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

That’s ‘terra’ble. 

Again…taxi for Pip 🚕

Yadda yadda yadda
34 minutes ago, WICAO said:

I'm using this current opportunity to again sell some UK based assets and then buy similar Australia based assets given this part of the world is looking more and more like home.  The less CGT I give to the ATO (equivalent of HMRC) the better as far as I'm concerned.

Otherwise I'm doing precisely nothing given my strategy was set a long long time ago.

Well played!

reformed nice guy
3 minutes ago, Pip321 said:

That’s ‘terra’ble. 

Again…taxi for Pip 🚕

Circulating supply: 3.45B LUNA
When you start multiplying out the prices with the supply.... Iv not got enough fingers

Noallegiance
33 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

May 12 2022 15:00 GMT $0.0120

1 hour ago, HousePriceMania said:

Im $1500 up on apple...Im going another $5K.

I suspect these drops wont be stopping.

image.png.261a5280e0d8d5dc1fe53a1c71fb46d6.png

Bad timing?

DurhamBorn
1 hour ago, stoobs said:

Just one of them.These people are greedy and stupid,but also victims of the crypto scam.No doubt many who have inherited from parents and grandparents will of lost their hard saved capital.Id be surprised if every crypto doesnt go to zero.Of course its the type of scam that can suck people back in easily.Its mostly fraud,but a fraud that got legs thanks to CB money printing.Many just wanted a house i guess.

"Yup. Lost $15,000. I should’ve cashed put when it was $100 then I would have been at up $25,000. But I got greedy hoping to get more money so I can at least afford a downpayment for a house for my family."

I guess no house and savings then. 😓

Update: I already told my husband

another,

231k. Can't afford my house or my car payments anymore. Took out a long of 100k for Luna too, bought at it'd absolute peak

Yadda yadda yadda
8 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Just one of them.These people are greedy and stupid,but also victims of the crypto scam.No doubt many who have inherited from parents and grandparents will of lost their hard saved capital.Id be surprised if every crypto doesnt go to zero.Of course its the type of scam that can suck people back in easily.Its mostly fraud,but a fraud that got legs thanks to CB money printing.Many just wanted a house i guess.

"Yup. Lost $15,000. I should’ve cashed put when it was $100 then I would have been at up $25,000. But I got greedy hoping to get more money so I can at least afford a downpayment for a house for my family."

I guess no house and savings then. 😓

Update: I already told my husband

Cheap divorce. 50% of nothing is nothing.

HousePriceMania
15 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

Bad timing?

Not yet.....I'm waiting to pounce at 146 after selling my holding at 141, it's covering my losses elsewhere.

I sadly bought $GOLD which decided to fall considerably xD

HousePriceMania
5 minutes ago, RJT1979 said:

I reckon crypto money going into main market today. 5pc up nasdaq?

Nasdaq Composite
11,379.28+15.04 (0.13%)today

:Old:

Noallegiance

(Gleaned from a US Accountancy firm) Apparently, Europe is the source of more than 50% of America's annual global earnings. Each year, 75% or more of Europe's direct foreign investment goes into the American Market.

If even close to being the case, Europe going under in a financial crisis would be 'interesting'.

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, moneyscam said:

What you say is right but also depends on how much of both your 1) total liquidity and 2) net worth is invested. 

My strategy is very simple. No more than 30% of my cash liquidity is invested in the market. It can all be wiped out and I would survive the loss. Many denigrate cash at the moment (and this is logical given 10% inflation) however they don't appreciate the other side of the equation which is optionality. Just like a call option has value so does cash in that in the event of a BK you can buy back in at much cheaper valuations and better dividend yields as many of you did at March 2020 lows. Things you cannot do if you're over 80% invested (unfortunately many people are positioned this way, just look at all the crypto sob stories now)

Like you said no one knows exactly what is coming. I have my bearish view at the moment but if I am wrong (and DH finally gets proved right) I will still gain on my portfolio. If I am right then I am positioned well to take advantage and can stomach the loss on the portfolio comfortably. The best one can do is plan for all possible scenarios that whichever way it goes you are still left largely intact. The only thing I haven't done yet as I wanted a cheaper entry point is put in a sufficient hedge. I'm hoping we put in a short term bottom and then rally from here so the eventual cost of my insurance hedge is cheaper but if not then overall I am still comfortable with the risk I face on my total net worth with or without the hedge.

A lot is said about you must be invested because cash is losing value due to inflation, however if inflation is 10% and you have 100k, you don't need to go all in for a 10% return. 20% return on 50k would do or 100% on just 10k (then you can be annoyed you didn't go all in). Plus people on here who bought in the covid dip, should have profits that have already cushioned them ahead of the anticipated inflation.

Obviously the talking heads on financial channels always want everybody to stay fully invested because they are usually asset managers and make a commission from the amount of assets held. The one thing they don't want is too many sellers to create a wave of them, then their income is further reduced.

Chewing Grass

Had a project brief on the construction contract we are working on for the glubberment, upped by £64 million, they were not forthcoming with percentages but from the nbers that were fessed up the mentally agile amongst us worked out that it was 11-14% inncrease at the stroke of a pen at to this moment in time. Just need t ok screw a payrise out of them now.

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Plan-b said:

I hope not, Three has been a great Network for a long time, in another league to Vodafone.

If you look at the mobile coverage map it will be different for everybody depending on specific location. A couple of hundred yards can make a difference to me. Where I spend my time the best networks are O2 and Three, so I have a SIM for O2 and ID Mobile (Uses Three). My order of preference would be O2, Three, Vodafone then EE (that's useless in both places).

I like the sound of this deal if it means Three (and their discounters) join the "cartel", instead of undercutting prices. The devil would be in the detail.

Archived