DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noallegiance
12 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Biden's latest 'attempt' at resolving fuel increases in USA xD

Price controls beginning?

15 minutes ago, geordie_lurch said:

Are we talking Gas or Petrol here or both? wish they'd sort it out it's very confusing for an energy investor xD

geordie_lurch
5 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

Isn't Doomberg a parody account?

Nope unfortunately not - see https://www.zerohedge.com/political/pelosi-bashes-big-oil-pitches-plan-make-gas-price-increases-illegal

It's almost like this is all deliberate and TPTB want to crash everything and starve people so they beg TPTB to save them via CBDCs and social credit scores etc so we can all "own nothing and are happy" :ph34r:

DoINeedOne

The sad part about crypto is there's alot youngster's following cunts on TikTok with rented lambos thinking its easy

Then you have some getting easy leverage when they should never be allowed via some apps

Then it all goes tit up because they were 100% in one thing, i sure we have all be a little over allocated in a stock or gold at some point its quite easy to get carried away #POLY o.O

The audience seems a higher percentage of males in crypto and some do take the suicide route and male depression seems to go quite un-noticed at points

A young lad in our family not directly related to me hung himself met him a few times seemed a great guy just young and unsure what to do with his life parents still don't know why he did it :(

About a month ago my nephew asked me about crypto he is 17 and working in McDonald's, but i got the sense he has watched one to many TikTok videos about people saying they are going to the moon with their easy gains 

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

If you look at the mobile coverage map it will be different for everybody depending on specific location. A couple of hundred yards can make a difference to me. Where I spend my time the best networks are O2 and Three, so I have a SIM for O2 and ID Mobile (Uses Three). My order of preference would be O2, Three, Vodafone then EE (that's useless in both places).

I like the sound of this deal if it means Three (and their discounters) join the "cartel", instead of undercutting prices. The devil would be in the detail.

Also important to highlight range of frequencies used by various networks too, particularly when it comes to indoor penetration :P 

3 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

The sad part about crypto is there's alot youngster's following cunts on TikTok with rented lambos thinking its easy

Then you have some getting easy leverage when they should never be allowed via some apps

Then it all goes tit up because they were 100% in one thing, i sure we have all be a little over allocated in a stock or gold at some point its quite easy to get carried away #POLY o.O

The audience seems a higher percentage of males in crypto and some do take the suicide route and male depression seems to go quite un-noticed at points

A young lad in our family not directly related to me hung himself met him a few times seemed a great guy just young and unsure what to do with his life parents still don't know why he did it :(

About a month ago my nephew asked me about crypto he is 17 and working in McDonald's, but i got the sense he has watched one to many TikTok videos about people saying they are going to the moon with their easy gains 

Thing is, there always has been and always will be. A cruel part of our human psyche.

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

Many denigrate cash at the moment (and this is logical given 10% inflation) however they don't appreciate the other side of the equation which is optionality. Just like a call option has value so does cash in that in the event of a BK you can buy back in at much cheaper valuations and better dividend yields as many of you did at March 2020 lows.

Agree, a 10% inflation rate is applied to the Capital over a whole year, a 10% discount on a share price [as we have seen with HL/Fres today] is gained over a day.

18 hours ago, invalid said:

This is quite fascinating. Crypto must have been a huge soak for spare cash in recent years, if its starting to unwind I'm struggling to get my head around where the cash goes next. Always two sides to a transaction and a winner for every loser.

124 million BTC? Wow, what price did they buy at?

It's all getting rather interesting!

I can see $10k for sure, but who knows? Crazy times again. Must be a lot of 'investors' getting highly stressed at the moment, looking like a grind down:

image.thumb.png.34960fcc85385ed5910b3d5de9116537.png

MicroStrategy own 130,000 BTC, bought at I believe average buy price of approx. 15,000 dollars (though I only know that he paid around 12,000 for his first tranch of 90,000, so just guessing a bit on that average).

reformed nice guy
Just now, JMD said:

MicroStrategy own 130,000 BTC, bought at I believe average buy price of approx. 15,000 dollars.

30,700 according to their wikipedia page....

5 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Saylor looks manically depressed at the best of times.  This can't be helping.

18 hours ago, Cattle Prod said:

Need to read this again: 

IMG_20220511_223229462_HDR.jpg

A new edition of that book is apparently out later this year, however Neil Howe has been promising the follow-up for over 2 years, but publication date keeps slipping. 

Wow a number of miners are at or approaching there March 2020 low, yet Silver is $21 instead of $14. How can anyone predict that..

4 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

Which ones? :ph34r:

Alexco Resources is one example. Impact silver is not far off but not checked them all.

HousePriceMania
32 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I really hope they don't start that, who cares of they lose money in their 20s? It doesn't matter ffs.

I think it was @sancho panza who said he got stung in the dotcom bubble. I didn't because I had no money but I surely would have. It's a bloody great lesson to learn early, and if the end up like Sancho I think they'll be doing very well in life. 

It doesn't matter, youngsters. Lick your wounds, and move on to DOSBODS your next set of dreams with a few well earned scars.

17 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Oh ok thanks, but I'm pretty sure that Sayler bought most of his BTC at 12,000 in late 2020, before the run-up, because there was loads of talk at the time about the paper profits he'd made. Bet he regrets buying in deeper!?

Chewing Grass
1 hour ago, geordie_lurch said:

Communism.

9 minutes ago, Cattle Prod said:

I have both, need new ladders!

Me too but i think im just going to have to settle with a 'watch and learn' approach instead.

39 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

I think a lot of them aren't trying to be "rich"; just to solve for X, if X= (the price of a life like your parents had) - (the value of your labour). For a lot of them it won't be the loss of the £10k or whatever that hurts, but the loss of the dream of it turning into a million by the time they are 50 to rescue them from a life of renting and working til they drop etc. For some people that hope is probably their only life raft, as they see it.

On the subject of the crypto crash, it appears contagion has just started. Tether was always my pick for the pin that would pop this crypto bubble, and like the smaller Terra, Tether has now experienced a partial peg failure (ie its price temporarily fluctuated away from it's alleged USD peg. It clearly isn't just me that thinks this could be the start of a problem, another crypto company just spent 200 million USD to prop them up! Terra imploding now seems to be priced in, with a decent bounce off the lows, if Tether goes the same way expect real fireworks.

5 minutes ago, JMD said:

Oh ok thanks, but I'm pretty sure that Sayler bought most of his BTC at 12,000 in late 2020, before the run-up, because there was loads of talk at the time about the paper profits he'd made. Bet he regrets buying in deeper!?

Why would he regret it if he is using other people’s money? The trick is the 1% cream on the top which can be used to buy a real life regardless of the outcome of the BTC price.

He may have lots of BTC and will lose a lot too, if he didn’t he would be jailed or hung from a lamppost. So he will be in deep so he can talk the talk……but I bet he doesn’t go hungry if the fund/business collapses. 

Ps…I appreciate Sayler has a good background and decent credibility. He will believe in what he is doing…..but his personal success and a chunk of wealth will survive all outcomes. 

Archived