DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am always put off by Withholding tax on most overseas shares when shopping for dividends. Brazil I believe is 20%. Just seems punishing to be paying more tax on already probably heavily taxed income. Hard to avoid though when fishing overseas for income.

10 hours ago, Noallegiance said:

My entire office is crypto crazy.

Definitely mania stage.

They spray and pray on whatever the latest Reddit fashion is.

They all know it's a mania, too.

This century's tulip bulbs.

Did any of them buy something called 'Squid game token' I wonder...? Apparently it just went from $2 trillion to zero in one second. LOL

Transistor Man
15 hours ago, jamtomorrow said:

Tempting to speculate whether it would be possible to build a car without chips and still meet regs (especially: emissions).

Mechanical carburettors and vacuum dizzies were wonderfully elegant in their day, but I can't imagine you'd get very far on modern regs without a lambda sensor and the ability to fine-tune fuel and ignition to every possible set of operating conditions.

And I can't see them relaxing regs (or, for that matter, digging up all that old magic).

And it’s not just the engine, and stability control. The legal requirement to have TPMS, for example - Tyre pressure monitoring - couldn’t easily be met without MEMS and low power ICs. The stuff is everywhere. 

52 minutes ago, Transistor Man said:

And it’s not just the engine, and stability control. The legal requirement to have TPMS, for example - Tyre pressure monitoring - couldn’t easily be met without MEMS and low power ICs. The stuff is everywhere. 

There is apparently a Mercedes Nox/Adblue sensor shortage worldwide, with zero indication of when the dealers are going to get new one.  Since the car refuses to start without it, some people are resorting to hacking the software so they can actually have a usable car.

6 minutes ago, Majorpain said:

There is apparently a Mercedes Nox/Adblue sensor shortage worldwide, with zero indication of when the dealers are going to get new one.  Since the car refuses to start without it, some people are resorting to hacking the software so they can actually have a usable car.

Talking of squeezed semiconductor production ...

https://www.ft.com/content/f3f0414f-97a2-4c5a-8a7d-da9e0e91d892

China tells citizens to stockpile food as Covid controls are tightened

It's because of the coof, honest guv. Any overlap with measures that would be brought in as part of a move on Taiwan is purely coincidental.

HousePriceMania
33 minutes ago, Harley said:

Did I just hear that "it" said yesterday in Glasgow we need to do away with cash?

Now you know what these people are about, it's a big scam to oppress the masses.

11 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Now you know what these people are about, it's a big scam to oppress the masses.

Indeed. I think we're approaching lines in the sand though.

People who've had all their jabs refusing to have a Covid jab based on an unproven technology, despite coercion - check.

People who are quite happy to recycle more and take better care of their local environment starting to see the hypocrisy of the thousands of private jet owning, beachside-property owning cunts currently up in Scotland - check.

People who've been happy to use cards and contactless refusing to adopt a central bank digital currency - check.

The political classes will need all of the militarised police and citizen surveillance tech they can get their hands on in the next few years. The West is a powder keg.

9 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

@muck only on this thread could someone appear who explains Brasil divis like a world expert ,thankyou.

I'm actually quite worried about what would happen to the info in this thread if some snowflake took offence at some of the other stuff on dosbods and tweeted the site to hundreds of thousands of cancel-culture followers, which resulted in the site being taken offline, either by the state, or an activist group (a dosbodsddos). I'd be quite happy to throw some money dosbods' way to make it more resilient.

HousePriceMania
9 minutes ago, AWW said:

Indeed. I think we're approaching lines in the sand though.

People who've had all their jabs refusing to have a Covid jab based on an unproven technology, despite coercion - check.

People who are quite happy to recycle more and take better care of their local environment starting to see the hypocrisy of the thousands of private jet owning, beachside-property owning cunts currently up in Scotland - check.

People who've been happy to use cards and contactless refusing to adopt a central bank digital currency - check.

The political classes will need all of the militarised police and citizen surveillance tech they can get their hands on in the next few years. The West is a powder keg.

Dont miss off, ability to anonymously criticise politicians about to become illegal !!!

We have a real problem and all roads lead to the banks

HousePriceMania
4 minutes ago, AWW said:

I'm actually quite worried about what would happen to the info in this thread if some snowflake took offence at some of the other stuff on dosbods and tweeted the site to hundreds of thousands of cancel-culture followers, which resulted in the site being taken offline, either by the state, or an activist group (a dosbodsddos). I'd be quite happy to throw some money dosbods' way to make it more resilient.

Has dosbods got a twitter account, or equivalent, that can be used in case of emergency ?

2 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Has dosbods got a twitter account, or equivalent, that can be used in case of emergency ?

Gab. @spunkohas directed us to use Gab account.

Edited to remove Twitter suggestion.

HousePriceMania
23 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

Gab. @spunkohas directed us to use Gab account.

Edited to remove Twitter suggestion.

It's crazy that people even have to think of back up plans in case the establishment try and silence people but it's coming.

The big worry is when they start throwing dissenters into jail, but this is the UK and that would not happen.....

image.png.c53893c2d9325a3ca79f409ec2f4c7d7.png

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will get you arrested.

3 hours ago, desertorchid said:

I am always put off by Withholding tax on most overseas shares when shopping for dividends. Brazil I believe is 20%. Just seems punishing to be paying more tax on already probably heavily taxed income. Hard to avoid though when fishing overseas for income.

Yes its a pain,but in sectors on their backsides its less hard to swallow.France is an example with Orange SA.Even with the big 28% withholding tax off the div is still around 5.5% net.The drop from 14 euros has covered the tax.Simplistic,but mixing that 5.5% in with the other telcos is very decent indeed.

The US is fantastic in a SIPP of course with no tax,a real boost,but at the moment there is little for contrarian value investors,though AT&T and Verizon are at decent levels to maybe,again 5% from Verizon tax free .

Spanish companies doing scrip tax free works well,but they can only do it for so long while they have treasury shares hence Repsol going back to cash but TEF still offering a scrip for now.

27 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yes its a pain,but in sectors on their backsides its less hard to swallow.France is an example with Orange SA.Even with the big 28% withholding tax off the div is still around 5.5% net.The drop from 14 euros has covered the tax.Simplistic,but mixing that 5.5% in with the other telcos is very decent indeed.

The US is fantastic in a SIPP of course with no tax,a real boost,but at the moment there is little for contrarian value investors,though AT&T and Verizon are at decent levels to maybe,again 5% from Verizon tax free .

Spanish companies doing scrip tax free works well,but they can only do it for so long while they have treasury shares hence Repsol going back to cash but TEF still offering a scrip for now.

I have ventured East in this sector to avoid WT. China Mobile, Unicom, Singtel similarly downtrodden but decent yields tax free.

Yadda yadda yadda
2 hours ago, Harley said:

Did I just hear that "it" said yesterday in Glasgow we need to do away with cash?

I was in superdrug at the weekend buying cough medicine for a neighbour. Poor thing was a bit ill. On arrival there was a member of staff stood at the door. I thought it could be some mask nonsense. No, she was telling everyone that it was cash only due to a technical problem.

Cash works*.

*Hyperinflation notwithstanding.

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, AWW said:

When it moved previously from TOS I found it through a search for "durhamborn".

"In an unscheduled press conference after Tuesday’s meeting, Dr Lowe said the RBA’s more bullish economic outlook meant “borrowers need to be aware that rates will rise again – not quickly, and not next year; the most likely case is 2024, but it’s possible it’s 2023”."

Shit, time to get out of cash.

Yadda yadda yadda
54 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

That suggests they just take a graph of data to present and then get a ruler and pencil in a straight line. Probably a bit more complicated than that. They might draw a horizontal line for 'normal' 12 months away and then draw a curvy line to join it all up. Reversion to mean.

I can see why people didn't expect the covid crash, depending on forecast horizons. Not expecting the recovery is a bit dumb. They must have forgotten what inflation is.

Archived