DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

1 hour ago, DurhamBorn said:

Some of the Brasil stocks are getting into nice areas to open positions for anyone who wants exposure and who can live with the volatile nature.Not for widows etc etc DYOR.

AGRO,CIG,VIV,TIMB iv been adding to or set more ladders at 4% drops.

Iv sold out of Alcoa Corp pretty much 4x on that,though didnt buy a vey big holding, and iv moved 1/2 into TEF Germany this morning and im going to get a few Verizon later.

Thanks for teh heads up on Agro.

You got a view on AT&T?

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what the fuck is this shit

Britain’s biggest firms will be forced to set out their green transition plans under an initiative to be outlined at the COP26 summit today by Chancellor Rishi Sunak.

The government wants to redirect investment away from carbon-intensive sectors such as coal and oil towards green initiatives, including electric car batteries and hydrogen fuel.

Companies on the stock market will have to set out their goals and will be assessed annually against their published plans.

Those who fail to make enough progress, or whose plans are deemed too weak, could face sanctions including fines or even removal from the stock exchange.

The Treasury said the plan would make the City “the world’s first net zero-aligned financial centre”.

However, Mr Sunak’s plans have already stirred some resistance from those who feel firms could still find ways to sidestep their obligations, such as moving their head offices overseas or leaving the stock exchange. 

If the plans are too draconian there are fears they could harm the City of London’s standing as an investment capital.

BP, Shell and mining giants Rio Tinto and Glencore are among those listed in London.

The CBI cautiously welcomed the plan, saying that business was already ‘upping its game’. But the employers’ group warned it was vital ministers work with colleagues abroad to produce ‘globally consistent’ rules to prevent British-based firms being penalised.

Mr Sunak will unveil his plans today at the Cop26 climate summit in Glasgow. A deal with 450 of the world’s biggest banks, pension funds and insurance firms will see almost £100 billion worth of assets begin to ‘transition’ to lower carbon sectors.

At present, firms are under no obligation to go green. A recent assessment found that barely half of all companies on the FTSE 100 have so far made any commitment to move to net zero.

32 minutes ago, HousePriceMania said:

Anyone else's oil shares being hammered this week ?

Yup. Portfolio has lost about 5% in past few days. 

Means I get more shares with my reinvested divis though. 

HousePriceMania
29 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Britain’s biggest firms will be forced to set out their green transition plans under an initiative to be outlined at the COP26 summit today by Chancellor Rishi Sunak.

The government wants to redirect investment away from carbon-intensive sectors such as coal and oil towards green initiatives, including electric car batteries and hydrogen fuel.

Companies on the stock market will have to set out their goals and will be assessed annually against their published plans.

Those who fail to make enough progress, or whose plans are deemed too weak, could face sanctions including fines or even removal from the stock exchange.

The Treasury said the plan would make the City “the world’s first net zero-aligned financial centre”.

However, Mr Sunak’s plans have already stirred some resistance from those who feel firms could still find ways to sidestep their obligations, such as moving their head offices overseas or leaving the stock exchange. 

If the plans are too draconian there are fears they could harm the City of London’s standing as an investment capital.

BP, Shell and mining giants Rio Tinto and Glencore are among those listed in London.

The CBI cautiously welcomed the plan, saying that business was already ‘upping its game’. But the employers’ group warned it was vital ministers work with colleagues abroad to produce ‘globally consistent’ rules to prevent British-based firms being penalised.

Mr Sunak will unveil his plans today at the Cop26 climate summit in Glasgow. A deal with 450 of the world’s biggest banks, pension funds and insurance firms will see almost £100 billion worth of assets begin to ‘transition’ to lower carbon sectors.

At present, firms are under no obligation to go green. A recent assessment found that barely half of all companies on the FTSE 100 have so far made any commitment to move to net zero.

Tapering to be replaced by private debt

1 minute ago, HousePriceMania said:

Tapering to be replaced by private debt

Couldn't this just be standard waffle around one of these events that mysteriously is forgotten once the moment has passed? Start a committee to evaluate a possible scheme etc, a year later they come back and say it is too difficult.

42 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Thanks for teh heads up on Agro.

You got a view on AT&T?

I prefer Verizon ,but T looks decent at these levels.Im trying to get diversity across the telcos,but leave room for more % upside and the US ones look decent value,but most around the world look superb value.

The sector is hated for many reasons.Now i suspect its due to debt load because the market thinks they will be stuffed once coupons go up,and i agree thats true if as a group they dont put up prices,but i think they will.I also think increasing rates is hugely bullish for these type of companies because it increases the value of present assets.They must de-leverage though as the cycle develops,thats crucial,not rolling over all the debt at higher coupons.

If price increases are working in id expect free cash to increase 5% to 7% this year at the big ones.If those numbers are across the board then they are all putting prices up.

42 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Can we judge politicians annually in the same way?

HousePriceMania
9 minutes ago, Axeman123 said:

Couldn't this just be standard waffle around one of these events that mysteriously is forgotten once the moment has passed? Start a committee to evaluate a possible scheme etc, a year later they come back and say it is too difficult.

Im looking at all this green/net zero/save the planet/etc etc etc stuff and wondering just how this is helping the banksters and ass-holes like Bliar who are pushing it.

As ever with bankers, it'll mean more debt.

2 hours ago, DurhamBorn said:

Some of the Brasil stocks are getting into nice areas to open positions for anyone who wants exposure and who can live with the volatile nature.Not for widows etc etc DYOR.

AGRO,CIG,VIV,TIMB iv been adding to or set more ladders at 4% drops.

Iv sold out of Alcoa Corp pretty much 4x on that,though didnt buy a vey big holding, and iv moved 1/2 into TEF Germany this morning and im going to get a few Verizon later.

Do you know what the approximate yield is on VIV? Everywhere I look seems to state something different. Hargreaves Lansdown has it at 8.2% but other places have it as low as 2.8%. 

22 minutes ago, Presuming Ed said:

Do you know what the approximate yield is on VIV? Everywhere I look seems to state something different. Hargreaves Lansdown has it at 8.2% but other places have it as low as 2.8%. 

Its roughly 6% net i think.

1 hour ago, HousePriceMania said:

Im looking at all this green/net zero/save the planet/etc etc etc stuff and wondering just how this is helping the banksters and ass-holes like Bliar who are pushing it.

As ever with bankers, it'll mean more debt.

Its the excuse to divert capital from consumption to investment.Inflation / distribution cycles always need an enemy to declare war on as the excuse to inflate to rescue bankrupt governments.Now they cant do that due to mutual assured destruction they need a global enemy.

They have a massive problem with people with brains becoming rentiers and removing themselves from work.They need to reverse that.Its why they will keep rates way below inflation.They will also find ways to kill BTL.Tax,regs etc as well.

In simple terms they want to divert ordinary peoples savings to the green agenda.They want saved accumulated labour to be used to "save" the planet so the rich can enjoy it.They would turn earth into an exclusive holiday venue if they could and stick all us underground in cities on Mars .

In simple terms they want to remove the ability of ordinary people to be able to make an income from capital.

They will of course force up the prices of everything they hate.BP will be supplying 20% of India's gas mid cycle.

Sunaks nut job idea means Tesco has to comply,Aldi and Morrisons dont.

Very very sinister.

Yadda yadda yadda
4 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Very very sinister.

Makes me very, very angry. The rich can invest in what they want but the workers cannot. Evil bastards want stringing up. Arrogant, entitled fuckers are the true enemy of the people.

No one took me seriously when I called them carbon commies

Communism just means a topdown state controlled economy, not necessarily gulags and breadlines (Although I won't be surprised) 

39 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Its roughly 6% net i think.

Cheers. I know that dour Bruce Stout holds it in his Murray International investment trust. I like his portfolio a lot - basically a global value income trust with a fair amount of this thread's usual suspects in fags, telcos, oilies, potash etc. Yields about 5% at the moment. Capital performance has been fairly lacklustre as value's obviously been deeply out of favour in recent years but could have its moment in the sun in any reflation/rotation. ( I have a fair wodge in it as keen to de-risk ahead of early  retirement and moving away from individual companies going tits/cancelling divis etc). 

2 minutes ago, Presuming Ed said:

Cheers. I know that dour Bruce Stout holds it in his Murray International investment trust. I like his portfolio a lot - basically a global value income trust with a fair amount of this thread's usual suspects in fags, telcos, oilies, potash etc. Yields about 5% at the moment. Capital performance has been fairly lacklustre as value's obviously been deeply out of favour in recent years but could have its moment in the sun in any reflation/rotation. ( I have a fair wodge in it as keen to de-risk ahead of early  retirement and moving away from individual companies going tits/cancelling divis etc). 

Il have a look at that,i like investment trusts.

Yadda yadda yadda
12 minutes ago, Loki said:

No one took me seriously when I called them carbon commies

Communism just means a topdown state controlled economy, not necessarily gulags and breadlines (Although I won't be surprised) 

This is really something for off topic but it isn't long and I won't spam anything else on here today.

4 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

DB the trouble is, it's got so extreme, bubbles everywhere, CBs unable or unwilling to act, that when something does finally pop, it's going to be very very bad for people.

"Bonsoir et good evening sir, would you like it one at a time or all at once?.......Ah, an excellent choice sir, the 'Catastrophe Special'......Un moment svp"!

th?id=OIP.iJLjsC5L1_9Jhea6Ekk77AHaFL%26p

HousePriceMania
19 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

This is really something for off topic but it isn't long and I won't spam anything else on here today.

That is seriously brilliant.

2 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

More pernicious subjective regulation to be overseen by some technocratic cabal of the good, great and vested to slay yet another "monster".  So the plague now spreads into the world of corporate finance.  And on to private finances in due course?  If only some people had been muttering about all this earlier?! 

th?id=OIP.7g3DNFBv-RzNZ5adsNg82wHaF0%26p

2 hours ago, Axeman123 said:

IMO no, not this time.

3 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Anyone else's oil shares being hammered this week ?

Not mine.  Hammered for me is 30%+ in one day!  It's all tail end of the curve atm with these guys so I'm just waiting to add one way or the other, IMO probably on some eventual weakness so a few more % off please.

Archived