DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 3)

spunko

48 minutes ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

What's instead of the sugar in Heinz, aspartame? 

Good point. Steviol Glycosides apparently. Proper shit substitute 🤦🏻‍♂️. Label says no artificial sweeteners….but I wouldn’t hang my hat on that. 

I generally avoid low fat stuff because I know it’s a false position….I won’t advocate these beans, I just like them. I try get stuff with less salt…high blood pressure is a family trait albeit with longevity….but I won’t take that for granted. 

My key to a bit of weight loss (whenever I need to) has been meat and 2 veg or indeed 4 veg. The 1970’s diet without too much pudding. And footie 3 times a week and a run if I can be arsed. 

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AWW said:

I agree that benefits are too generous, but what do you do with these people after five years? Put them on the streets?

They are and I’m on them 

55 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

There was a memorable post (pretty sure on TOS) suggesting having a building where claimants have to spend 8 hours each workday, just sitting at a desk. Benefits would depend on attendance.

The idea could be fine-tuned to be more useful but even as it is, it might (a) motivate people to do something actually productive and (b) provide an insight into what the world of office work is actually like ;)

The key is simple waste their time if you make them work it’s minimum wage by law if it’s training it’s not realy working .at the moment they are surpost to job hunt several hours a day.get them in comunity halls for hours 5 days a week send them for interviews drive them there en mass ie 4/5 they can sit in the minibus waste their time

5 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

Shared facilities in public housing was quite common even into the 1960s even for people in full time employment. When I was born my parents lived in just such a property. They had two bedrooms but the kitchen etc was shared. My sister in law lived in something similar in Islington in the 1970s.

My mum was brought up in a house with a grandad and 2 single uncles in it .

5 minutes ago, King Penda said:

The key is simple waste their time if you make them work it’s minimum wage by law if it’s training it’s not realy working .at the moment they are surpost to job hunt several hours a day.get them in comunity halls for hours 5 days a week send them for interviews drive them there en mass ie 4/5 they can sit in the minibus waste their time

You could make them sit around in honking dressing gowns while drinking cheap slabs of cooking lager? 

Democorruptcy
5 hours ago, Pip321 said:

I think what is interesting (for me) is Aberdeen is about 80% of its price at March 2020, shows a 9% divi (no guarantee of course) and a low P/E. HL is only around 60% of its March 2020 price, its divi and p/e are strong albeit lower than Aberdeen . Those are both hefty falls from March 2020, when the FTSE was at just over 5000.

Where are you looking at the 9% and what do you mean by there are no guarantees about it?

55 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

7ED865A6-B49B-4531-9115-23ACB0312C6A.thumb.jpeg.93b01b49848dc408e4e1bccc73822230.jpeg

There can't be peace until Russia has achieved its objectives and pushed the Nazi forces far enough away from the DPR/LPR so that they can't shell it on a daily basis.

Bobthebuilder
11 minutes ago, Errol said:

There can't be peace until Russia has achieved its objectives and pushed the Nazi forces far enough away from the DPR/LPR so that they can't shell it on a daily basis.

Not aimed at you Mr Errol, but I am growing very tired of all this Russian bollocks. They have everyone over a barrel energy wise, so to speak, but military look very weak in Uke compared.

Got a nice Imperial brands divi today, stuck to my guns and have not bought or sold anything for a while, still sitting on my hands for now.

1 hour ago, Stuey said:

You could make them sit around in honking dressing gowns while drinking cheap slabs of cooking lager? 

That sounds fantastic fun

1 hour ago, DoINeedOne said:

7ED865A6-B49B-4531-9115-23ACB0312C6A.thumb.jpeg.93b01b49848dc408e4e1bccc73822230.jpeg

Fucking brilliant I met macron would rather play find the banana with a young African imigrent 

5 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Not aimed at you Mr Errol, but I am growing very tired of all this Russian bollocks. They have everyone over a barrel energy wise, so to speak, but military look very weak in Uke compared.

Got a nice Imperial brands divi today, stuck to my guns and have not bought or sold anything for a while, still sitting on my hands for now.

They simply don’t care about its loses and they don’t give a fuck about sanctions I’d guess. They are fucking us up more than we are them and Germany will fold if it’s not sorted before winter or pay a middle man to save face about not paying Russia

Bobthebuilder
4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

They simply don’t care about its loses and they don’t give a fuck about sanctions I’d guess. They are fucking us up more than we are them and Germany will fold if it’s not sorted before winter or pay a middle man to save face about not paying Russia

You are missing the point Stokie, its not about some Russian bloke with shit hair, who beats his bare chest and whose eyes are too close together, Its an economic cycle change. All these things were heading up in price long before Russia started semi invading an old empire member.

8 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

You are missing the point Stokie, its not about some Russian bloke with shit hair, who beats his bare chest and whose eyes are too close together, Its an economic cycle change. All these things were heading up in price long before Russia started semi invading an old empire member.

I know I’ve talked about stashing shit for 2 years it’s well known I had a small stash before covid which grew During covid we were fucked before Russia it’s also my stash is a catch all from solar flares cyber attack the rise of the triffids (be handy for fuel actually) to house arrest banks taken down bail ins foot and mouth fuel shortage or hgv strikes or total covid lockdown for the unjabbed or mundane things like i brake my leg and can’t go shoping

5 hours ago, HousePriceMania said:

Was thinking of going hiking up a hill in the lake district with my child on Saturday....the price of B&Bs are starting at £70, with £300 for come crappy hotels.

Who is paying these prices ? 

I'll make him wake up some hills locally instead

Take him Wildcamping...start off just one night [and maybe a second in a YHA single room]....he won't 'look back', and hopefully won't miss his computer games.

3 hours ago, Lightly Toasted said:

There was a memorable post (pretty sure on TOS) suggesting having a building where claimants have to spend 8 hours each workday, just sitting at a desk. Benefits would depend on attendance.

The idea could be fine-tuned to be more useful but even as it is, it might (a) motivate people to do something actually productive and (b) provide an insight into what the world of office work is actually like ;)

It happens already...

What happens in a Jobcentre Plus Interview? Get Ready with our Guide -  Youth Employment UK

...I think they call the 'Work coaches' or some nonsense like that?!

3 hours ago, Pip321 said:

My key to a bit of weight loss (whenever I need to) has been meat and 2 veg or indeed 4 veg. The 1970’s diet without too much pudding. And footie 3 times a week and a run if I can be arsed

For me its been a 'two pronged' approach, 1. cut out refined carbs [bread, pasta, root veg etc], and 2. Intermittent fasting [eating in a 6-8 hour window/fasting for 16-18 hours]. I have found the former has stopped me craving for food between meals, and the latter means that I can't fit in three meals; but my two meals are larger. Doing this I have gone from a 32" to a 30" waist....and I even have a six pack now! :-)))

21 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

It happens already...

What happens in a Jobcentre Plus Interview? Get Ready with our Guide -  Youth Employment UK

...I think they call the 'Work coaches' or some nonsense like that?!

Job club fuck

23 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Never admit to owning a computer or car with them .at 56 you can still claim your baffled by devils dildos it pisses them right off particularly if you’ve got your car keys on the desk but they can’t do fuck all

4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Where are you looking at the 9% and what do you mean by there are no guarantees about it?

They paid 14.6p in the last 12 months (or 7.3p for a half year) and the financials on HL, LSE and google finance show that as a 9% dividend yield based on its current share price ie 160p. That’s a good income. 

I mean there are no guarantees in that any yield (ie 9%)  is based on the last dividends….next set of financials and dividends could be better or much lower ie no guarantee to future dividend returns. 

6 hours ago, Lightly Toasted said:

(c) demolish fraud at a stroke.

Archived