DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

UmBongo's property search 2023

UmBongo

Leasehold Pack came through a few days ago. There's a long list of accounts and also a health and safety report of the estate and complex of the 110 or so flats in the development from last year. 

• Cheers 2

Wight Flight
54 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Leasehold Pack came through a few days ago. There's a long list of accounts and also a health and safety report of the estate and complex of the 110 or so flats in the development from last year. 

Does it have a sinking fund?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Does it have a sinking fund?

I think there there is something of a sinking fund. Although I could be billed if any major works happen that swallow up a lot of that fund. 

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

I made an innocuous post on one of the threads on TOS saying that I hope I complete soon as my mortgage offer expires on 11th August. 

One member on there quote me bluntly asking me (something along the lines of) : "How are you going to pay your mortgage once the fixed rate end?" 9_9

I stoicly answered: "With money earned from my job and any other side hustles. The same way I'll pay it when still on the fixed rate." :P

Another poster came to my defence, quoting his reply with: "The same way you pay your rent". B|

The poster who challenged me must have thought every mortgagee will experience the rapture once their fixed rate products end . o.O

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

Deed of Covenent signed and witness. 2 copies - one for the freeholder and the second to the managing company. Hopefully the solicitors will receive them this morning. :)

• Cheers 7

5 hours ago, UmBongo said:

Deed of Covenent signed and witness. 2 copies - one for the freeholder and the second to the managing company. Hopefully the solicitors will receive them this morning. :)

Congratulations 👏

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 2

• 4 weeks later...

Exchanged and completed. Keys collected from the Estate Agent.

Just about to leave work, head to the new place and see what horrors await me.

• Cheers 10

leonardratso
2 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

It's fine inside. I was left a Hotpoint fridge freezer which I didn't need. o.O

You will.

• Agree 1

reformed nice guy

Have you thought about selling the place and renting, then buying it back for half the price?

Heard thats definitely worth doing

• Lol 2

11 hours ago, UmBongo said:

It's fine inside. I was left a Hotpoint fridge freezer which I didn't need. o.O

Congratulations on your new home and bonus white goods! 

• Cheers 2