DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

"How dare you!"

MrXxxx

Frank Hovis
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m planning on giving it to the kids.  

Spot on but I'd say not too early and don't let them know.

I know personally several people who have known from an early age that big money was coming and so either never got a proper job or never worked beyond their mid twenties.

It hasn't done them any good, a bit like winning the Lottery at 18.  It's going to ruin your life in ways you will be unable to conceive at that age.

• Agree 1

One percent
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I know personally several people who have known from an early age that big money was coming and so either never got a proper job or never worked beyond their mid twenties.

It hasn't done them any good, a bit like winning the Lottery at 18.  It's going to ruin your life in ways you will be unable to conceive at that age.

I’m waiting until they want to buy. Stupidly, I’ve told them not to as a house price ctash is just around the corner. xD  maybe this time, I’m like the stopped clock and will be correct. 

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Oh, to add, it’s not lottery type money ill be giving them, i don’t have that much sadly. 

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
1 minute ago, One percent said:

Oh, to add, it’s not lottery type money ill be giving them, i don’t have that much sadly. 

I'm not fishing, so please don't tell me, but to a young skint working person knowing that £100k is coming their way is going to adversely affect them because that will seem like an unimaginably large sum.

Young people practically wet themselves when they win £10k on quiz shows because it is so hard these days to accumulate that sum because of the huge decline in the purchasing power of their wages.

I saw a post on Facebook one time saying something like "I am so glad I went to all of these festivals and concerts because I have so many great memories which are worth more than having £5,000 in the bank."

This is the new huge sum to someone in rented accommodation and low wage work.  £5k which would buy you maybe 2% of a cheap house.

People genuinely do not realise quite how badly they have been impoverished because it has been done to them over decades through inflation upon everything bar wages.

• Informative 2

King Penda
42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Why then would anyone be happy to pay NI?

There are several things they could do but they are all a disincentive to work or, if working, to work hard and not retire early.

If people see no point in working because it makes them no better off then they won't put the effort in.

In my case it would have been not doing professional qualifications, not seeking promotions, not being prepared to work any extra hours, do any business travel or long commutes.  I used to work 9 - 5 days in Switzerland with about four hours' travel at each end to get back to England. I would not even have considered that.

I know someone who has pretty much done that "laying flat" but he's only been enabled to do that because of his wife working hard and funding his hobbies.

It's hard to gauge but I reckon that I would have been about a third as productive as I have been, measured in terms of salary.  And it's not just my personal tax affairs, I won and ran profitable contracts, and so created jobs giving multiple amounts of tax and NI plus Corporation Tax.  I would not have bothered with any of that, I would have sat in one very easy low paid job for forty years with my major interests being outside of work.

Start extending that across the workforce and it's rather fecked.

400,000 Atlases have already shrugged, the rest are leaning the globe up against a wall whilst smoking a fag.

I think the governments' finances will be very interesting reading over the next few years as the debt threatens to race away beyond the event horizon.  At present we only have a forecast for 2023/24, the first year expected to be fully normal.

I doubt it will be, the excuses will be flying thick and fast whilst teh interest rate rises further to prop up the currency.

How many are working from home productivity has fell off a cliff it’s just taken me over 8 weeks to get an enhanced dbs /crb. Has an example ,it’s roughly 3 months since my big claim ended im now on bare bones benifits .I do an odd shift I’m no better off has what I’ve earnt is removed from My uc. I don’t mind . I could just earn 250 a week and be semi retired. I’m seeing more and more friends pack stressful jobs in and do a bit of part time . My brother in laws brother has quit jcb and does a few hours in a cafe at a market garden his wife a nurse has gone part time. My brother in law wants to retire now the morgage has gone my sister has gone ballistic and thinks he is depressed just because he does not want to work. ( to be fair my sister is correct they can’t afoard) yet

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

King Penda
59 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think that’s coming. If they do, they have reneged on a very key part of the social contract.  I’m already annoyed with government. At that point, I’ll probably go postal.  

Well will they horse whip part time workers into full time work and after that whip people back into the office.people over 55 have deployed my favourite weapon against women against the government and that’s apathy. They don’t like it either

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

I was only counting undergraduates as I knew a good proportion of postgrads were from overseas. It is a huge number of people which ever way its cut

Say 2m Brits in HE, just students.

Then 8m on UC which is basically state dependent lives.

11m OAPs.

24m 0-18. A lot if these overlap/depend on 8m UCers.

Yes there will be some other overlaps.

5.8m in public sector.

That 70m UK pop soon runs out of workers to pay for it.

They - whichever side Con/Lab - have no choice but to gut working age Benefits, at least the cash bit.

The  significant threads on here are Take this job ... and tax credit sad face n 14p UC woman.

End game if Briwns economic doomsday Tax credit bomb.

One percent
14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm not fishing, so please don't tell me, but to a young skint working person knowing that £100k is coming their way is going to adversely affect them because that will seem like an unimaginably large sum.

Young people practically wet themselves when they win £10k on quiz shows because it is so hard these days to accumulate that sum because of the huge decline in the purchasing power of their wages.

I saw a post on Facebook one time saying something like "I am so glad I went to all of these festivals and concerts because I have so many great memories which are worth more than having £5,000 in the bank."

This is the new huge sum to someone in rented accommodation and low wage work.  £5k which would buy you maybe 2% of a cheap house.

People genuinely do not realise quite how badly they have been impoverished because it has been done to them over decades through inflation upon everything bar wages.

I’m quite proud of both my kids. They are sensible and have both save a substantial deposit towards a house. When the time is right and they want to dip into buying a home, ill help so that the mortgage repayments are much more manageable.  

• Cheers 1

King Penda
3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Say 2m Brits in HE, just students.

Then 8m on UC which is basically state dependent lives.

11m OAPs.

24m 0-18. A lot if these overlap/depend on 8m UCers.

Yes there will be some other overlaps.

5.8m in public sector.

That 70m UK pop soon runs out of workers to pay for it.

They - whichever side Con/Lab - have no choice but to gut working age Benefits, at least the cash bit.

The  significant threads on here are Take this job ... and tax credit sad face n 14p UC woman.

End game if Briwns economic doomsday Tax credit bomb.

The question is when though after an imf bail out and we blame them ?

4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Well will they horse whip part time workers into full time work and after that whip people back into the office.people over 55 have deployed my favourite weapon against women against the government and that’s apathy. They don’t like it either

PT without kids under 18.

There just arnt that many of those.

Feckless#1 is in for surprise in August, when her 400/m freebie ends.

Time with the  nice UC backtowork advisor ends.

Meet Olga, DHS counsellor, with great powers of sanctions.

30y of hard slog starts. At the grand ole age of 53.

• Lol 2

King Penda
Just now, spygirl said:

I take it you’re decorating the spare room for her return. ?

One percent
4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I bet she hasn’t a clue what’s coming down the line either.  

59 minutes ago, One percent said:

You are correct. I probably won’t. I will want to though. On your second point, my two daughters, late 20s are beginning to question out loud, what exactly is the point of working.   I couldn’t offer a reasonable answer.  

To pay tax to government to pay some fat foul mouthed, loose knickered horror bennies.

This is the problem.

Its not really going to inspire people to work.

Drop out n fuck off.

Off to EG for todays example

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/carlos-boyces-family-give-emotional-26900244

I'd bet bug money all prople involved, Inc his family, were all on benefits.

His murder sounds like some dole scum drink n dugs party.

Not me and I only saw comment after writing the above -

Canopea17 HRS AGO

Granted its an absolute loss for this family, but seems only one without a violent record was the victim, as the Detective states only they know what went on, trusting or inviting drug dealers on benders to visit to drop 'something' they had the money for, begs the question where the money comes from, what incomes did any have, how did they support any families? Jobs? only beneficiaries from this, those running the drugs further up for sure, at least the brother had the sense to avoid involvement, a good case for randomly stopping these drug delivery drivers initially.

• Informative 1

6 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I take it you’re decorating the spare room for her return. ?

My spare room is full of precious treasures.

Feckless#1 can sleep in the gutter.

She has her own small house now. A procession staying well away from.

• Lol 1

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

I bet she hasn’t a clue what’s coming down the line either.  

Nope.

Like 14p UC woman they expect money to keep on coming. It stops. Dead.

You really need to be around when the shit hits fan.

• Agree 1

King Penda
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope.

Yep stops instantly seen it myself but I knew that would happen

Edited by King Penda

5 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Yep stops instantly seen it myself but I knew that would happen

You now face treading the same difficult path that many many 40+ women have faced over the years ....

Only fans for  months.

Fail to earn anything, back to Tescos n cleaning.

• Lol 4

One percent
12 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope.

Can I come?  I’ll fetch the popcorn.  xD

• Lol 1

King Penda
1 minute ago, spygirl said:

You now face treading the same difficult path that many many 40+ women have faced over the years ....

Only fans for  months.

Your jesting I’m working Monday night that 145 will last me a week easily I’m doing 3 the week after fuck I might have to pay some tax 

leonardratso

you really shouldnt post articles from the EG, i then have to read more stories and its like reading the inbred times, every one know everyone else in the comments and they are all thick as pig shit, of course they are all on benefits, its a given.

• Lol 1

King Penda
4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Only fans for  months.

I’m going to say hold my pint to that .

Annual Government income 200 billion pounds, annual government expenditure 190 billion pounds, result happiness. 
Annual Government income 200 billion pounds, annual government expenditure 210 billion pounds, result misery.