DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

7 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I’ve been doing my normal piss taking on forums dedicated to starving people .i proudly showed them this weeks food bill and announced my shoping was cut to the bone and I can’t see where I could cut back any more.I’m like it’s just over 7 quid a day so can’t moan . They are claiming my food bill is realy around £3.60 a day 

IMG_8451.jpeg

I see what they're getting at.  You've got broccoli twice. 

• Love / Hugz 1
  • Lol 5

King Penda
Just now, feed said:

I see what they're getting at.  You've got broccoli twice. 

Well the individual brocoli is for Sunday dinner the other is for the slow cooker I’m going to make a stew .  That’s at least 10 meals (decent ones). Will use some of the stew has gravy for my Sunday dinner on top of spuds .these people have no sense of humour 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, King Penda said:

I’ve been doing my normal piss taking on forums dedicated to starving people .i proudly showed them this weeks food bill and announced my shoping was cut to the bone and I can’t see where I could cut back any more.I’m like it’s just over 7 quid a day so can’t moan . They are claiming my food bill is realy around £3.60 a day 

IMG_8451.jpeg

I imagine that lager at £3.49 for 4 440ml cans is piss weak?

I don't have an Aldi near me but they are currently building one on the primest agricultural land in the country just on the outskirts of  town.

Edited by headrow
  • Informative 1

King Penda
Just now, headrow said:

I imagine that lager at £3.49 for 4 440ml cans is piss weak?

I don't have an Aldi near me but they are currently build one on the primest agricultural land in the country just on the outskirts of  town.

5% I think

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

Bobthebuilder
12 minutes ago, headrow said:

I don't have an Aldi near me but they are currently building one on the primest agricultural land in the country just on the outskirts of  town.

I know a prime spot on the Dorset Cranbourne chase that is rumored to be a future Aldi main distribution center, try getting planning permission for a house around there, it would never happen.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 3

Red Debt Redemption
5 hours ago, Libspero said:

Thanks.

This bit worries me personally.   How much of my pension/investments are they planning to help themselves to..  :CryBaby:

Slightly more than Putin.

• Informative 1
  • Lol 3

53 minutes ago, headrow said:

Dec 2021 was the previous top. Vodafone has halved in price since:D

When the sell off inevitably comes VOD will be floundering like an African on a Kent beach

Funny you mention that but I was thinking exactly the same thing. 

There are several shares coming in for more ladders eg Glencore, BT, Vod etc but when I see these huge rises elsewhere I thought when the inevitable adjustment comes then initially everything gets smashed whether reasonable or not….thats just sentiment. Admittedly these value shares may not drop as much as the rest of the market…..but if it shaves more off then it’s a nice bonus for buying.

I may hold off a tad on some of my ladders….or at least be even more bearish and price them down despite the fact i think there are some good prices out there. 

• Informative 1

Heart's Ease

Of all of Tom's guests on Palisades I think I'd want Quoth the Raven to be the one for the road trip.  Another great listen and is anyone else picking up how much more confident a podcaster TB is becoming?

Lots to like but very tldl he's all for: gold, silver, miners, real estate, emerging markets and bitcoin. 

Interesting re bitcoin after the 40 minutes mark - he was not a fan, now he's buying (partly because he's looking at Lyn and Luke G and reasoning that they are ten times smarter than him and they are buying, partly because he doesn't want to be on the wrong side of the trade).

Lots of his thoughts on the State western countries are in: he's well on with his personal plan to protect himself so he can watch on the sidelines.

https://fountain.fm/episode/acrEUzzmcN5LzHXeF80k

• Agree 1
  • Informative 10

Alifelessbinary

I put a ladder into Vodaphone and this is how it repays me!

Let’s hope they do a Centrica soon, as the market really hates them at the moment. I assume they are just preparing for the inevitable divi cut.

Everything else is flying though, so can’t grumble.

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, King Penda said:

IMG_8451.jpeg

Lager is 27.92 so over 50% of your "food" bill?

• Love / Hugz 3
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 3

King Penda
1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

Could I put it down has entertainment or other ?

• Agree 1
  • Love / Hugz 2
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 2

A tremendous # on the lung
11 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

What's your point?

• Lol 1

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, headrow said:

Dec 2021 was the previous top. Vodafone has halved in price since:D

When the sell off inevitably comes VOD will be floundering like an African on a Kent beach

Was it you who had a price target of 40p? I've been looking at it again today (why do I do it?). The cumulative profit after tax 2019 to 2022 inc was actually a loss on a £175bn turnover! £12bn profit in 2023... I presume that came from selling Vantage Towers $16bn? Net interest and tax seems to be killing them?

vod.jpg

• Informative 6

Democorruptcy
18 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Could I put it down has entertainment or other ?

Just pay for the lager on a separate receipt. :Beer:

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy
16 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

What's your point?

Well I thought he was telling them his food bill is cheap, only £7 a day? His bill would be over 50% cheaper if he paid for the lager separately, it ain't food?

• Lol 3

57 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

You can argue the numbers,but this article shows just what we have been banging on about.The amount needed is up a third in a year for a couple for a moderate lifestlye,£9k.Now 2 x state pensions would £2k of the uplift so £7k short.So roughly an extra £140k of pensions savings.Two retired public sector would get £6k between them uplift,so if we take that instead of the £9k the two private sector workers need to save around £110k extra to make up for the public sector uplift.Most people will be lucky to get £150k out of their private pension for a lifetimes working,£200k tops.So a lifetime of working in the private sector is worth 3 years retired copper/public sector uplift.Not their pension,just 3 years of their uplift.I suspect we are looking at the chasm being 9 to 15 times better.You could maybe argue for 1.3x better,or even 1.5 due to less flexibility,but 9 to 15 times?.This is the massive injustice alongside bennies driving us over the cliff.The problem is all those who make the rules benefit from the above.

Likely they will push back the pension age for everyone so they can avoid paying these huge pensions for longer,as they are now linked to SPA when massive reform is whats needed.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-13052105/Income-retirement-pension-pot-cost-living-budgets.html?ico=mol_desktop_money-newtab&molReferrerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fmoney%2Findex.html&_ga=2.56802154.1993920492.1707329395-1615266732.1707166922&_gl=1*l5whhz*_ga*MTYxNTI2NjczMi4xNzA3MTY2OTIy*_ga_XE0XLFFF16*MTcwNzMyOTM5NS4xLjEuMTcwNzMyOTU3MC4wLjAuMA..

Yeah I saw that and thought are those numbers right.  People are going to have to save a lot more. Then I thought the government spending review is due in 2025. Then I thought they will need to push that state pension age. Then I thought the frozen tax thresholds are locked in. Then I thought how do interest rates come down. They might go up ?

• Agree 3

King Penda

It’s getting funny I’ve been offered 100 for any decent rival I can steal .my definition of good is not African and can drive (ok some Africans are good but not many).  Now why on earth would I actually recruit potential rivals for shifts for my boss ?  Has vertualy none drive it’s more potential begging for a lift. So fuck that .it’s dog eat dog out there the indigenous vs cheap foreign labour.

IMG_8456.jpeg

• Informative 5
  • Lol 1

Democorruptcy

Treasury Select Committee shifting uneasily in their chairs about the upcoming losses from QT:

In our report, we encourage the central bank and the Treasury to explore applying value-for-money tests to the scale and speed at which it undertakes QT. While I completely accept that the BoE’s monetary policy committee must have tackling inflation as their foremost objective, a major central bank actively reselling debt back into the market needs to consider the effects of a potential £130bn loss to the public purse.

We asked the BoE to provide figures on how pursuing active QT at a slower rate might affect those losses: their response indicated that a more gradual approach spreads losses over a longer period of time. What this shows us is that there appears to be some trade-off between the pace of QT and the government’s spending power over the next decade.

https://www.ft.com/content/d65ccaa7-e12b-4d9a-a132-11180d39f891

They don't seem to realise that what costs the governbankment taxpayers £130bn, will make £130bn for somebody in the financial sector and why would they want to wait for their profits?

• Agree 4
  • Informative 3