DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 8)

spunko

Long time lurking

My money is Rishi not making it to the next GE unless he calls it for May

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

Alifelessbinary
4 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

This is the western puppet government making this decision 

I`m starting to hear more and more on the MSM regarding Chian`s "system" is now challenging ours always coupled with how draconian that system is apposed to our free democracy 

I bet India love that! 

While I understand the benefit of BRICS, they’re starting to hoover up any old crap like the European Union. Whether they can leverage these smaller countries is to be seen, but if it destabilises relationships between members I do question the benefits.

NATO et al, have worked because America were able to hold the whip hand, I struggle to see an obvious leader for BRICS at the moment. Maybe they’ll have a rotating presidency.

I’m yet to be convinced in the short term that it will impact my investing focus. Let’s see what the next 10 years brings.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

Long time lurking
36 minutes ago, Alifelessbinary said:

I bet India love that! 

While I understand the benefit of BRICS, they’re starting to hoover up any old crap like the European Union. Whether they can leverage these smaller countries is to be seen, but if it destabilises relationships between members I do question the benefits.

NATO et al, have worked because America were able to hold the whip hand, I struggle to see an obvious leader for BRICS at the moment. Maybe they’ll have a rotating presidency.

I’m yet to be convinced in the short term that it will impact my investing focus. Let’s see what the next 10 years brings.

I read that like the China are going to collapse stories ,people just fail to understand what it`s all about and how much things have changed in the last 4 years 

For a start you have completely missed the whole point when you compare the European union to what the BRICS are trying to achieve ,they are completely in comparable 

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, NogintheNog said:

And this is exactly the reason why Bitcoin could be used as a trusted international payment. Maybe Bukele and El Salvador are ahead of the game here...xD

Heard Argentina are thinking of bitcoin as well having seen it tentatively working in El Salvador. I imagine there will be a huge focus from the central banks watching those countries. For me a major selling point of bitcoin is that it puts the central banks out of a job. I expect they do not like that very much.

Unless that's what they want you to think and the CIA are waiting for it all to be going fantastically before they use their secret backdoor to pull the rug. I think it's a risk worth taking.

• Informative 5

10 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

The company was formerly known as Salt Holdings Corporation

I think that is a more impressive name actually. "Compass" sounds like the crap catering provider at my works.

They have an very decent record for years. They actually make useful things which people need. And they are cheap. Is this a dosbods company  - I say it is.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 2

Mandalorian
3 hours ago, Errol said:

Step 1:  Buy gold.

Step 2:  Hold on to gold.

Step 3:  Return to step 1.

Now how much can I bill the asset managers for my advice?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

montecristo
17 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Heard Argentina are thinking of bitcoin as well having seen it tentatively working in El Salvador. I imagine there will be a huge focus from the central banks watching those countries. For me a major selling point of bitcoin is that it puts the central banks out of a job. I expect they do not like that very much.

Unless that's what they want you to think and the CIA are waiting for it all to be going fantastically before they use their secret backdoor to pull the rug. I think it's a risk worth taking.

Even the gold miners want a piece of the action.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 3
  • Cringe 2

10 minutes ago, montecristo said:

"Hey Pablo, did ya hear, you can now mine this bitcoin and there's money in it.

Let's give it a go I mean we already have the drills and mining equipment how hard can it be"

Edited by Funn3r
cultural authenticity
  • Lol 6

leonardratso
42 minutes ago, montecristo said:

bunk

hmmm, maybe i was too hasty, does certainly look a professional outfit;

http://www.southamericanmining.com/

appears to have 3 staff, so its well within the realms of possibility. Im hoping they are buying at the top.

Good share graph as well, looks like they went down 17% today, but looks par for the course.

Edited by leonardratso
  • Informative 1

21 minutes ago, Loki said:

Oh no, that sucks

Where can I learn about climate change and racism now?

If only journalist jobs / careers were canibalised in the same way so many others were. What a self centered ignorant witch.

Edited by onlyme
  • Agree 10

I was gonna start "donating" after reading it for free for ages. But, if they are going under, fuck em. Suckers.

P.s. I wasn't going to donate to them ever, the lefty privileged scum and their fuckwit journos. Thought I'd share. Sharing is caring.

• Agree 6
  • Lol 4

Lightscribe
7 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

This doesn't work for international trade though because net movements of currency have to be covered by net movement of gold between central banks, either that or some sort of trusted custodianship is involved but we know that this wont work as is was the US losing the trust of other countries WRT its gold holdings which caused Bretton Woods to fail. This is why a BRICS gold backed trade currency is a non starter.

Or just tokenize the gold…

https://gfmag.com/banking/hsbc-launches-tokenized-gold/

• Agree 1
  • Informative 3

56 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

Nice to see the Unite and NUJ turning down 3.7% pay rise in the face of job cuts.

Surreal watching the unions and Guardian tear at each other

I am a longtime member of Unite and I have done tons of volunteer "workplace rep" work for them defending employees in disciplinary/grievance/redundancy reviews.   I can't honestly say they are much bothered about their members, although they do have a finely-tuned sense of when to spring into action in certain circumstances particularly when publicity is likely to happen.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Lightscribe
1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

Step 1:  Buy gold.

Step 2:  Hold on to gold.

Step 3:  Return to step 1.

Now how much can I bill the asset managers for my advice?

Just don’t pay dividends… :)

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Lightscribe said:

What does tokenize mean?

Lightscribe
11 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

What does tokenize mean?

It’s on a public ledger that can be backed by physical, so basically no different than an ETF but integrated within a blockchain so can be instantly converted at any time, no middle man fund fees (apart from transaction), stored remotely offline, or even used for instant conversion payments.

You can imagine how more appealing that would be countries with highly volatile currencies and not wanting to take flakes of gold around with you. 

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Informative 2

1 minute ago, Lightscribe said:

It’s on a public ledger that can be backed by physical, so basically no different than an ETF but integrated within a blockchain so can be instantly converted at any time, stored remotely offline, or even used for instant conversion payments.

So who does the counting of the asset that backs the thingy. Do they count them from home, like, work from home workers working ( taking the kids to school and walking the shitting machine). 
sorry to lower the tone. I’ll move on.

• Agree 1

Lightscribe
7 minutes ago, Phil said:

So who does the counting of the asset that backs the thingy. Do they count them from home, like, work from home workers working ( taking the kids to school and walking the shitting machine). 
sorry to lower the tone. I’ll move on.

Who goes into Comex and counts their gold bars? ETFs are exactly the same currently.

https://paxos.com/paxgold/

https://www.kraken.com/en-gb/learn/what-is-paxos-gold-paxg

Edited by Lightscribe
  • Agree 1