DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, leonardratso said:
this should halt them in their tracks, lol.

I've not seen anything, as a long term investor, that makes me think he's wrong.

1 minute ago, Noallegiance said:

I've not seen anything, as a long term investor, that makes me think he's wrong.

hehe, cant remember who always complains on here that every time hunter tweets, the markets take a big hit and the values dive, even though hunter is tweeting about 'to the moon'.

13 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

hehe, cant remember who always complains on here that every time hunter tweets, the markets take a big hit and the values dive, even though hunter is tweeting about 'to the moon'.

Lol yeah, the issue is that people think Hunter is a "timing" guy. He isn't.

4 minutes ago, Hardhat said:

Lol yeah, the issue is that people think Hunter is a "timing" guy. He isn't.

I could understand his position on that if he didn't use words like poised.  He clearly knows what he is talking about, so why use expressive terms like that. 

Update: Due to unprecedented silver demand, SD Bullion is unable to accept any additional orders until the market opens Sunday evening.

6 hours ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

Oh yeah I wholeheartedly agree, she's certainly a deceiving... but funny milf ! O.o

AnyHOO...check this video out, FAST-FORWARD to 09:00...I'm sure I'm related to this woman! AND she gets my Dosbods 'Badge of Honour'! :Old: Oh the 1990's if ONLY we could have 'em BACK! :D

You and me both....I cannot walk past a skip without looking in...in fact if there was a naked lady on one side of the road and a skip on the other I know where my eyes would be...and yes, I like ladies! :-)))

8 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

You and me both....I cannot walk past a skip without looking in...in fact if there was a naked lady on one side of the road and a skip on the other I know where my eyes would be...and yes, I like ladies! :-)))

What about ladies as wide as a skip? There's a few of them around these days.

21 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Update: Due to unprecedented silver demand, SD Bullion is unable to accept any additional orders until the market opens Sunday evening.

Just posted this is the silver shares thread:

So they stopped global trading platforms from allowing retail to buy stocks last week.

With a massive heads up for the next target, would it not be super easy to contact every major billion dealer on earth and tell them to stick the 'sold out' signs in the window?

Only thing left for folk to do then is go to the stocks and ETFs to keep interest away from the physical.

Bankers win again because the ETFs they control go up but the effect is nowhere near having a worldwide run on phys.

6 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

What about ladies as wide as a skip? There's a few of them around these days.

Hate to think what I might find 'digging' around in one of those...and I may find that I cannot get back out again if go too deep! :-0

1 hour ago, Noallegiance said:

Agree. Seems about right - possibly even on the low side. I've been thinking the same since 2000.

28 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

Apmex is having similar issues. 

geordie_lurch

Silver definitely seems to be about to make a move :ph34r:

For some background on just how unprecedented this weekend's action in silver markets is, Tyler Wall, the CEO of SD Bullion writes the following (emphasis ours): 

In the 24 hours proceeding Friday market close, SD Bullion sold nearly 10x the number of silver ounces that we normally would sell in an entire weekend leading to Sunday market open.

In a normal market, we normally can find at least one supplier/source willing to sell some ounces over the weekend if we exceed our long position (the number of ounces we predict we will sell over the weekend).

However, everyone we talk to is afraid of a gap up at Sunday night market open.

This is about ready to get really interesting as there was very little inventory left from suppliers/mints going into Friday close.

Our direct AP supplier informed us after close on Friday that the "US Mint will be on allocation for the remainder of Type 1" (Current Silver Eagle Design).

Our sales for the month of January exceeded any one month last year during the heart of the pandemic. It was an all-time record month in our company history.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/reddit-preparing-unleash-worlds-biggest-short-squeeze-silver

If you read the WSB thing it seems that they are deleting stuff on silver, probably to keep all stuff on GME

Wonder how long it'll be until they take some decision which incurs the wrath of the crowd.

2 hours ago, JMD said:

That's interesting Majorpain. Maybe a bit off topic, and I am certainly no expert here - but I wonder can 'restricted shares' be shorted? All the tradeable shares which can be bought and sold are I believe called the 'float'. But restricted shares are owned/potentially owned by co. directors, or not yet released by the company, and which can often amount to a staggering 20% of total shares. Just wondering if the 'invented shorted shares' mentioned above - and which is I accept an illegal activity to do - but might they just have something to do with restricted shares and the Hedge funds have invented a new outrageous derivative to include them?

Don't know, but Michael Burry is in GME and he has a good record of punishing Wall Street when they get greedy and do something stupid.

Chewing Grass
2 minutes ago, Errol said:

- SPROTT MONEY NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

- KITCO IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

Quelle surprise, only the big boys allowed to trade tomorrow perchance.

Bricks & Mortar
19 minutes ago, Errol said:

- SPROTT MONEY NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

- KITCO IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

This is just guesswork on my part:  There may not be an actual shortage of silver supply. 
There's good reason to believe the price will gap-up considerably when the futures open this evening.  No-one can say how much.  The dealers, and Sprott Money, may be just choosing not to trade and give the stuff away for $27 (+spread), when they can get.. well who knows, $29, $30 or even more, in just a few short hours, and if it does gap up there's the restock cost to consider as well.

This chart is being touted on Twitter by some of the silver poster/rampers.  I'm unfamiliar with it, but appears to be SLV futures, and trading right now, and ooochafffuuuuu...  would you look at that.

https://ftx.com/en/trade/SLV-0326

Peter Hug, global trading director of Kitco did an interview fielding questions on the short squeeze. He said iirc there is no shortage of 1000 oz bars, also that to move the market circa $15 up would need demand in the region of 200 to 300 tons, maybe he has an agenda of course dont shoot the messenger.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pIDNcHhhO0&t=793s

i think they are on a hiding to nothing at this MCAP, might make a nice spike though, im just gonna carry on buying my monthlies as normal, not chasing this, probably tank as fast (ie faster) than it rises.

Apes strong together. lol

Silver is the inflation hedge daddy.Like this thread has always said it is likely to be the cycles best performing asset.The main takeaway from whats going on is that young people are being woken up to the fact silver protects them from printing theft.That is huge,and im very pleased about that.Maybe they put pressure on the shorts by actually buying the physical silver slowly and surely.I must admit,if they did squeeze a big run early it would be quite a moment seeing my son pay his mortgage off before 23 years old,his grandchildren would have a photo of me in their wallets xD

Archived