DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

I'll try to...

naw, seriously, I used to know a customs guy in australia and seizure of money and gold for non declaration was one of the easiest wins for them.  There is some limit above which if you don't declare, they can take it immediately and you've got a hell of a fight to get it back.  Same in UK and USA.

16 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's saying 10pm which is market close on Friday, it opens at 11

https://uk.investing.com/commodities/real-time-futures

christ thats midnight here, I might turn into a pumpkin and explode...

6 minutes ago, Hancock said:

why First Majestic?

methinks it was identified as a heavily shorted stock a la GameStop

30 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

It also says that VAT is charged on the margin scheme. In which case it should be on the dealer margin. We'll see when my order arrives how much I'm being charged. If I'd bought from Baird I would still have had VAT to pay. So no real difference to the total cost whoever ordered from.

It'll be interesting to know:

. What VAT you get charged.  Germany charges on the dealer margin but the UK rate is 20% on the goods value so do they charge you that or will customs or the courier charge you that later and will you get credit for the German VAT they originally charged you?

. What is the "customs clearance charge"?  It's not duty as their FAQs say no duty is charged.  So what is it, how much is it, who charges it, when, and how do you pay?

Paying Bairds sounds a lot easier.

2 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

31 birrion dorrar

luv yu long time misser, 10 dorrar....

@loki what's that weird site with weird prices? some other geezer posted that...and I saw something about a 'tokenized stock' and thought WTF!

Bus Stop Boxer
25 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

It also says that VAT is charged on the margin scheme. In which case it should be on the dealer margin. We'll see when my order arrives how much I'm being charged. If I'd bought from Baird I would still have had VAT to pay. So no real difference to the total cost whoever ordered from.

Yeah but did you "shake the market" billy big bollox?

You probably paid more from Coin invest though, in the belief that you would not pay VAT, and now HMRC are going to slap 20% vat on it at your front door.

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

1612132916797.png

Pffft...

horee cwap

29 birrion dorrar

pah, 6% or so, rubbish, will probably be battered back to $27 few hours.

sleepwello'nights
15 minutes ago, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Yeah but did you "shake the market" billy big bollox?

You probably paid more from Coin invest though, in the belief that you would not pay VAT, and now HMRC are going to slap 20% vat on it at your front door.

Pffft...

Whatever the on costs are they won't come near the delivery charge.

The coin I bought will show those market manipulators. :D

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Just imagine if you'd used that axis on GME.  It'll reach the moon!

Indeed. If we zoom out, the chart is eerily similar to the months prior to the March falls...

953C45DB-9B8C-40AC-8AD8-70E07A92425B.jpeg

Yadda yadda yadda
7 minutes ago, Harley said:

Just imagine if you'd used that axis on GME.  It'll reach the moon!

It won't just reach the moon, it will come back again. It will almost be as impressive as those Elon Musk rockets that land on returning to earth.

Yadda yadda yadda
2 minutes ago, AWW said:

Indeed. If we zoom out, the chart is eerily similar to the months prior to the March falls...

953C45DB-9B8C-40AC-8AD8-70E07A92425B.jpeg

Be nice to see it kick on a little bit further.

In which market are they trading now? I know it is global but last time I looked at anything at this time on a Sunday it was trading in New Zealand.

Bricks & Mortar
1 hour ago, wherebee said:

naw, seriously, I used to know a customs guy in australia and seizure of money and gold for non declaration was one of the easiest wins for them.  There is some limit above which if you don't declare, they can take it immediately and you've got a hell of a fight to get it back.  Same in UK and USA.

I've spent a quick half hour.  Straya has a $10,000 limit on gold or you have to declare above that.  Britain does not appear to have a limit on gold/silver if you carry it in yourself, (but import VAT if you bring it in from Dubai as the example on UK Gov page, and presumably anywhere else.  But maybe not Ireland... see following.
The common travel area appears to allow a british citizen to take as much booze to ireland as they like, provided it was duty and VAT paid in Britain.  Glenmorangie is 50 euro a bottle in Tesco over there.  Famous grouse 27 euro.  I wouldn't be a bootlegger, but if I find a nice bullion dealer, might gift them a nice malt.  For the moment, I'm assuming that's a benefit of the common travel area, (which says "allowed to travel freely"), and would work just the same with bullion going the other way.
So, initial investigation, and I'm thinking I can maybe do this.  If I find any different, I'll post again.

Talking Monkey
2 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

So, silver's doing that... and you're wanna do that, and... oh boy.

It would be something crazy if the wsb crowd got another stimulus cheque in the next few weeks

Yadda yadda yadda
3 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

So, silver's doing that... and you're wanna do that, and... oh boy.

If those paintings could talk what would they say?

"How much?! Fuck sake, I'm going back to my grave to turn over and over and over again."

Bricks & Mortar
1 minute ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

If those paintings could talk what would they say?

"How much?! Fuck sake, I'm going back to my grave to turn over and over and over again."

"Put a turbine in my grave and I'll give you green revolutions"

Archived