DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Barnsey said:

1 hour 5 mins I've been waiting for my Shell order to be executed, and the share price has recovered quite a bit in that time :PissedOff:

Ok so that one took 1 hour 10 mins, got it for £13.49, not £12.49 as originally hoped >:(

Talking Monkey
7 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Next cycle and could be pain for us before the turn,but that never bothers me.Inflation is coming ,a 70s style and that wont take 20%,it will take 99% of capital if not hedged.

Thank you DB

Democorruptcy
12 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Picked up Shell 2 ladders,BP,Repsol,DRAX,opened first ladder in BASF, more Equinor and Norsk Hydro,few Telefonica and Telia.

Noticed the same people who were calling oil to go to $80 at $60 when we said down to $43 on here are now saying $30 average for the half year.Bit of a change xD my oil/$ cross market says oil will be back above $45 by the end of the summer as the $ goes down another 8%.

You didn't buy more CNA? Traitor :)

DTY was up early in a sea of red, no ladder hit there!

It's a bugger when you don't know if you should be sat buying shares or at the shop buying more toilet rolls.

My S&S ISA is still in positive terrortory , another 7% and it turns red.

Bought 1000 shares in Jupiter Fund Mgmt this morning and 1000 in Henderson Far Eastern . To somebody who lives off dividend income a yield of 8% is too hard to pass up. Got 6 more good dividends this year to look forward to. I'm hoping for the market to keep selling off so in can get my full 20k ISA invested from the first day this April. Cash in my share accounts is no good to me.

Took a punt on Hurricane Energy , had £575 left in my account so thought i'd have a silly little gamble , got them at 11p. A fool and his money i was thinking , but fuck it.

Well a week or so ago i finally opens a stocks and shares ISA before the end of the tax year had been using a normal HL account previously been buying oil companies etc.. to hold long term in there 

Today i added some more Shell, BP and Gazprom still deciding on Total or Exxon

Just wonder where we will be in April when i can top it up again

Also hold around 50% of investments in gold and silver and if we do have that price smash i will buy more

1 minute ago, confused said:

This inflation thing, we've had HYPERINFLATION for decades! ie in debt and house prices....just cos the cunts don't report it doesn't mean it is not there :o

Another good example, share prices due to crony buybacks :P

Yep 100% true,but soon it will leak out into the economy,the dash for assets in the next cycle will be epic.Silver $300,Gold $9000,oil $300,great call on oil Confused,i had $43 from $60,luckily it fell

12 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

You didn't buy more CNA? Traitor :)

DTY was up early in a sea of red, no ladder hit there!

It's a bugger when you don't know if you should be sat buying shares or at the shop buying more toilet rolls.

Cant buy anymore they gone past my bottom ladder and done me for 5 xD dont worry about toilet rolls,always free ones in the library,handy when in to Borrow the madness of crowds,

Democorruptcy
29 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

my shell and bp orders pending

I managed to get through on the phone to HL eventually.

I have a limit order on RDSB that the price definitely dropped below, so have raised a complaint. At first the chap tried to fob me off putting me through to a trader, who would no doubt have just offered me the higher price. The chap agreed HL would have the times of my limit order and the share price movements to confirm my order should have been matched.

Might be worth anyone else doing the same if they are sure an order wasn't met - and - you still want it!

18 minutes ago, Loki said:

Just bought some RDSB no problem at all on HL. 

#MeToo but shite price!  II RDSB order still pending.  Hell, II still pending fill & kill orders!

Democorruptcy
3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Cant buy anymore they gone past my bottom ladder and done me for 5 xD dont worry about toilet rolls,always free ones in the library,handy when in to Borrow the madness of crowds,

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! the last place I'll be going is into a public toilet. Seriously!  I posted this in the pandemic thread :Jumping:

Urinal2.jpg

Just now, Democorruptcy said:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! the last place I'll be going is into a public toilet. Seriously!  I posted this in the pandemic thread :Jumping:

Urinal2.jpg

Where im from most people cant read,the library is the last place the public would be.I wouldnt go near the lift buttons in the DWP building though 

7 minutes ago, Harley said:

#MeToo but shite price!  II RDSB order still pending.  Hell, II still pending fill & kill orders!

RDSB finally filled.  Must be reading my posts!

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

Better than it was 3 months ago! 

Greed or fear.  Greed today!

sancho panza
1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

WOW!!!! I thought I was being a greedy fucker setting my RDSB order at 1250, hope I'm not just a stupid fucker and my hand is going to start bleeding after catching a knife :Jumping:

we jsut got 1360 after I got off the hpone to family member planning buying strategy for next two to four weeks.possibly selling our goldies here to buy oil........................tempting.

2 minutes ago, Harley said:

Greed or fear.  Greed today!

Same here, bit gutted I bought some others so early but hopefully I'll get a chance to buy at a decent price

Democorruptcy
10 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Where im from most people cant read,the library is the last place the public would be.I wouldnt go near the lift buttons in the DWP building though 

You haven't thought that through have you?

They will be going in to nick the toilet rollsxD

TheCountOfNowhere

Shell down 15%.

Its carnage 

Everyone still feeling brave? 

Im down 30% across the board on mt teflation stocks. 

Off, national grid up10% still for me 

Democorruptcy
8 minutes ago, Harley said:

I hope I haven't done the wrong thing complaining because my pending order has vanished but it's not been filled. Nearly 2 hours seemed long enough to wait.

reformed nice guy
58 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Is anyone getting HL emails today to confirm trades? I haven't had one.

Might be an idea to take screenshots if it's something you want to keep and not vanish into hyperspace xD 

Iv not been getting any : S

Its showing up on transaction history though. I have just taken a screen shot

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Shell down 15%.

Its carnage 

Everyone still feeling brave? 

Im down 30% across the board on mt teflation stocks. 

Off, national grid up10% still for me 

Exactly the same for my portfolio.  

Edit:  VT Gravis Clean Energy Income still up by a couple of percent

sleepwello'nights

Just bought BP, Shell and Norsk Hydro. 

Value has increased by 3%, 5% and 10% in the few minutes seconds it took Share.com to update my online account.

Shame I didn't have significant amounts to deploy. 

now to sit back and watch them drop :(

sancho panza
1 hour ago, TheNickos said:

BP at £2.80 as well!

paid 320:(....hopefully there'll be some more of these sell offs

47 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Picked up Shell 2 ladders,BP,Repsol,DRAX,opened first ladder in BASF, more Equinor and Norsk Hydro,few Telefonica and Telia.

Noticed the same people who were calling oil to go to $80 at $60 when we said down to $43 on here are now saying $30 average for the half year.Bit of a change xD my oil/$ cross market says oil will be back above $45 by the end of the summer as the $ goes down another 8%.

selling frenzy appears to be over for today.US shoudl open down so we can line up our US purchases

copper will be interesting to watch here

25 minutes ago, DoINeedOne said:

Well a week or so ago i finally opens a stocks and shares ISA before the end of the tax year had been using a normal HL account previously been buying oil companies etc.. to hold long term in there 

Today i added some more Shell, BP and Gazprom still deciding on Total or Exxon

Just wonder where we will be in April when i can top it up again

Also hold around 50% of investments in gold and silver and if we do have that price smash i will buy more

you buying the ADR on gazprom?

Democorruptcy
4 minutes ago, reformed nice guy said:

Iv not been getting any : S

Its showing up on transaction history though. I have just taken a screen shot

My contract notes have showed up now, so I've downloaded them.

Archived