DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Credit deflation and the reflation cycle to come (part 2)

spunko

Schlumberger announced they were de-listing in London last week.Hardly anyone bought/sold on there.Look at the mid and smaller oil in the US Oxcidental down 40%.Most indebted getting wacked.

• Replies 35.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
50 minutes ago, confused said:

THAT'S NOT A FREE MARKET!!! GET ON WITH IT FOOKERS, I WANT TO SEE BANKERS JUMPING OUT OF WINDOWS!!! :PissedOff:

xDxDxD

BLIMEY EXCITING Times!

RE: Schlumberger

Just logged into HL and doubled my holding in Schlumberger bought at $16.12 that's HALF price on what i paid last week! ...AND within 45 seconds in PROFIT!:o

BTW, I put a buy order in last night for BP @ £3.05 and see HL has NOT implemented the order :Old: as at opening BP low was £2.89 ...shall i just wait till closing to contact them, anyone here know?

CHEERS!:D

3 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

xDxDxD

BLIMEY EXCITING Times!

Just logged into HL and doubled my holding in Schlumberger bought at $16.12 that's HALF price on what i paid last week! ...AND within 45 seconds in PROFIT!:o

BTW, I put a buy order in last night for BP @ £3.05 and see HL has NOT implemented the order :Old: as at opening BP low was £2.89 ...shall i just wait till closing to contact them, anyone here know?

Yes and dont be fobbed off tell them the order was in and BP has been below the price several times today.

sancho panza
5 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Schlumberger announced they were de-listing in London last week.Hardly anyone bought/sold on there.Look at the mid and smaller oil in the US Oxcidental down 40%.Most indebted getting wacked.

Brutal.We hold some OXY.Mainly in at about $37 they were $46 21/2.I thought they were big enough to be a bit safer but clearly not,although having said that BP down 25%,RDSA at 24 year low.This is one of those days.Jsut sizing up ENI/REP/EQNR/XOM/TOT.Not massively dissimalr balance sheet(although slightly higher debt to equity) to many bigger oilies but size is the issue here and now.

Just now, sancho panza said:

Brutal.We hold some OXY.Mainly in at about $37 they were $46 21/2.I thought they were big enough to be a bit safer but clearly not,although having said that BP down 25%,RDSA at 24 year low.This is one of those days.Jsut sizing up ENI/REP/EQNR/XOM/TOT.Not massively dissimalr balance sheet(although slightly higher debt to equity) to many bigger oilies but size is the issue here and now.

Yes and maybe what is strategic to the country.Exxon,Total,Shell,ENI,Repsol,Equinor all strategic,probably best to focus on those.I wasnt going to get any service companies,but im really tempted to get a few Schlum here.The smaller mid range companies are being destroyed.

sancho panza
1 minute ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yes and maybe what is strategic to the country.Exxon,Total,Shell,ENI,Repsol,Equinor all strategic,probably best to focus on those.I wasnt going to get any service companies,but im really tempted to get a few Schlum here.The smaller mid range companies are being destroyed.

I think teh key with oil services is to sticvk with the bigger ones as you say.Lot of the smaller ones will face rising yields in bond markets.KMI,SLB,?Baker Hughes.Halliburton has a lot of debt iirc

image.thumb.png.059f2422703b8883562e7b6ee15a226b.png

4 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

US share trading halted!

saxobank having outages

Democorruptcy

Vodafone in the news today

(Sharecast News) - The European Commission said it has cleared the €10bn merger Vodafone and Telecom Italia's (TIM) towers units.

The companies last July revealed plans to create a mobile towers group through the transfer of Vodafone's Italian mobile masts to INWIT, TIM's 60%-owned subsidiary, with each firm holding a 37.5% stake and equal governance rights in the enlarged entity.

The deal includes a network sharing agreement and a partnership to roll out 5G infrastructure jointly across Italy.

Vodafone and TIM have offered commitments to support access to INWIT's passive infrastructure, such as masts and towers, by all market participants.

Under the commitments, INWIT will make space available to third parties on 4,000 of its towers in more urbanised areas while committing to preserving existing tenancies.

The active sharing partnership will exclude municipalities with populations of more than 100,000 people, as well as their more densely populated suburbs, Vodafone said.

European Commission competition chief Margrethe Vestager said the deal, would allow the fast roll-out of 5G technology in Italy "without compromising retail and wholesale competition".

I pictured someone in their HQ's monitoring Italy's coronavirus deaths but suppose each municipality is already agreed.

Agent ZigZag
13 minutes ago, Yellow_Reduced_Sticker said:

xDxDxD

BLIMEY EXCITING Times!

If its your SIPP best direct number is 0117 980 9926

Just now, sancho panza said:

I think teh key with oil services is to sticvk with the bigger ones as you say.Lot of the smaller ones will face rising yields in bond markets.KMI,SLB,?Baker Hughes.Halliburton has a lot of debt iirc

image.thumb.png.059f2422703b8883562e7b6ee15a226b.png

Im tempted to pick up a few Schlum,its below all 3 ladders,glad i never leave orders,not that they would of been filled :o ,but i think il just get one ladder and leave it ,iv opened up in Total today as well ,iv never trusted the French,but when needs must

Yellow_Reduced_Sticker
1 minute ago, Agent ZigZag said:

If its your SIPP best direct number is 0117 980 9926

thanks its in my ISA, as my portfolio is DOWN by 9% I won't call them, i'll send an email instead that way i'll make a SAVING on the call...!xD

sancho panza
3 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Im tempted to pick up a few Schlum,its below all 3 ladders,glad i never leave orders,not that they would of been filled :o ,but i think il just get one ladder and leave it ,iv opened up in Total today as well ,iv never trusted the French,but when needs must

I may buy some of those back but defintiely watching the smaller ones here.I think FCX will be an amazing trade possibly from here.We sold at $10.70 anything below that here is a bonus.But I think oil will bottom before copper.

My Mum has a thing about buying French/Italian/Spainish companies,so generally if we do buy any she won't have em.Days like this take me back to the heady days of my youth and the tech bubble.Not seen anythign like this in a decade

We've got a small holding of Total and REp which we'll be adding to today.

1 minute ago, sancho panza said:

I may buy some of those back but defintiely watching the smaller ones here.I think FCX will be an amazing trade possibly from here.We sold at $10.70 anything below that here is a bonus.But I think oil will bottom before copper.

My Mum has a thing about buying French/Italian/Spainish companies,so generally if we do buy any she won't have em.Days like this take me back to the heady days of my youth and the tech bubble.Not seen anythign like this in a decade

We've got a small holding of Total and REp which we'll be adding to today.

During the tech bubble i had cancer and was being wheeled into surgery,i can remember is as vivid as today.I did think we might be about to see it again,after all thats the whole point of the thread,but it seems surreal that we are now actually here.Its quite calming that you were actually prepared for it.

10 minutes ago, sancho panza said:

My Mum has a thing about buying French/Italian/Spainish companies

Remind your mum that the UK has to buy electricity from the French cos they can't produce enough themselves xD

19 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

During the tech bubble i had cancer and was being wheeled into surgery,i can remember is as vivid as today.I did think we might be about to see it again,after all thats the whole point of the thread,but it seems surreal that we are now actually here.Its quite calming that you were actually prepared for it.

It's come too quick for me.  I have nowhere near as much capital as I'd like to have to buy at these prices.

So I'm sat with my head in my hands a bit, for completely the opposite reason to all the traders xD

sancho panza
10 minutes ago, DurhamBorn said:

Yeah it's been weird this last week lsitening to the lovely Mrs P worrying about La Coruna.I ahev my views and I do worry that the cure is worse than the disease.People dying is tragic but if shutting down the economy means there's no moeny for the NHS/Healthcare in a year then you do wonder if these responses are appropriate given that the vast bulk of those who get il recover.

I think this thread and it's various discussions have meant there's been some retial buyers today instead of the ususal suspects creating the dip then buying it.Been great that so many have chucked in theri knowledge from the world.

We're ready for a four/eight week buying strategfy here.Jsut bought XOM got our average under $60,a lot worse than many here but if youd offered me that in august 2019 I'd have taken it.EQNR now under $17,agian would have taken that in August still with 33% cash left.RDSB and BP are taken as certificates ,divis as scrip and my Mum jsut collects them.Last ladders in RDSB will comoloiund at 10% p.a. nearly.

10 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Shoulda bought btls........ Oh wait 

Somehow this will be bullish for South East house prices.

It just will be. xD

sancho panza
18 minutes ago, confused said:

Remind your mum that the UK has to buy electricity from the French cos they can't produce enough themselves xD

B|We all ahev our crosses to bear,jsut means me or someone else buys the stuff she won't hold.She's 74.It's like smaller goldies,I dont buy them for her because she frets about sitting on losses for a couple of years.Easier to buy them in my name and I deal with it.

https://www.investing.com/news/commodities-news/oil-finds-some-support-after-plunge-of-more-than-30-2104933

Investing.com - Oil markets found some support after plunging more than 30% at Monday’s lows. Traders considered the possibility of some demand revival for crude from Saudi Arabia’s move to slash the selling price for its oil following the collapse of the OPEC-Russia production pact.

West Texas Intermediate, the benchmark for U.S. crude prices, was down $7.00 or 17%, at $34.28 per barrel by 11:11 AM ET (15:11 GMT). WTI earlier fell to $27.34, down 34%, to plumb lows not seen since April 2016.

Brent, the London-traded global benchmark for crude, lost $8.41, or 19%, to trade at $36.86. Brent slumped to $31.27 earlier.

“I think everybody is hurting at these prices as nobody comes out of this winning anything,” Sadad al-Husseini, former vice president of state-owned Saudi Aramco (SE:2222), who now runs consulting firm Husseini Energy, told CNBC.

“Hopefully at these prices, and just based on past experience, other producers will come to their senses, and the whole industry will start rethinking their production levels,” al-Husseini said.

sancho panza

RDSB paying $1.88 in divis here.....................

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/r/royal-dutch-shell-plc-b-shares-eur0.07/dividends

Just now, reformed nice guy said:

Fall from par to 61.7 for Occidental bonds.

Another pillar to support @DurhamBorns original forecasting of how this could pan out

Absolutely warning sign to us all.I thought OXY were big enough to cope.clearly not.

Decl-long OXY

Archived